Micro Madness 2023 / MM4 - Bracket Predictions

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Attached Image: MMBracket.png

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Attached Image: Capture.JPG

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Attached Image: mm_brack.PNG

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I'm going to call this my "hoobaroo prediction", essentially a dark horse player (lower seeded player) from each of the three brackets, that could crack into the Grand Final, like hoobs did last MM...

Red Bracket: Gustav Goblin

Yellow Bracket: RobDedede

Blue Bracket: Hex

• Mulpje%s's Photo

Thats a pretty cool idea bigshootergill here are mine

Red Bracket: Iretont
    Yellow Bracket: Ulvenwood
    Blue Bracket: Hex

Im very familiar with their work from DKMP and I would love to see them get far in this contest

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Yeah I feel like this MM has so many possibilities of upsets, lower seeds knocking out higher seeds. Going to be fun to see the bloodbath over the next couple days. :p So many excellent players.
  • Jens J.%s's Photo

Can't for the life of me make a good bracket prediction but as far as dark horse players goes:

Red Bracket: Levis

Yellow Bracket: MK98

Blue Bracket: CoasterCreator9

Great idea bsg! Considering dropouts and last-minute-entries from higher seeded players, lower seeded players have a good chance to move ahead!

Red Bracket: Gustav Goblin
    Yellow Bracket: Ulvenwood
    Blue Bracket: Hex
  • Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Fun idea BSG!

Red: Iretont hasn't had a lot of time but I have faith in him to do some mind-blowing stuff with plenty of customized CTRs. I also really really want to see a Lurker sweep. Not counting myself because self bias, but I will say I looked at my micro this morning and was like "I made this?" so hopefully I make y'all proud.

Yellow: Even though he's a higher seed, I've believed in Mulpje making semis at least from the very beginning. Ulvenwood is a sleeper pick who I think can make a strong run as well. Also very interested to see what Otsdarva and RobDedede will do!

Blue: Definitely Hex. He's probably one of the most underrated builders on NE; his H2H9 work was astounding and I've seen him livestreaming some great atmospheric realism in voice chats. My easy pick for this round would've been Hobeon if he had submitted; he has the ideas to make it a round or two in.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Attached Image: Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 11.41.38 AM.png

There's some dicey bits and lots of room for upsets, but I think there's a bit too much proven history strength behind a few of the big hitters to not expect them in the finals.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

might not limit to 3 but some potentials:

Jens J - he has one of the highest rated screens of all time for a set piece that is (almost) micro-sized.  If he shows up with that kind of energy he could get real far.  

Iretont - built a bunch of Stardust Circuit which is the exact kind of high concept fantasy that this contest favors

Gustav - His enthusiasm is there, if he can avoid having a nervous breakdown his building challenge entries show a lot of micro idea potential 

Levis - He's made it pretty far in this competition before, maybe this will be an opportunity for him to bring his ideas & hacks into the modern building style

mamarillas - feel like people are sleeping on his last few screens that are basically high quality micro entries

Ulvenwood - already had a bit of a breakthrough and might just be a bit underseeded.  

Hex - Seems to have a skill for the micro building style, wouldn't be surprised to see go far. 

RaymondL - just gotta throw a name nobodies mentioned yet in case they win it or something 

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

might not limit to 3 but some potentials:

Gustav - His enthusiasm is there, if he can avoid having a nervous breakdown his building challenge entries show a lot of micro idea potential 

I had like three during my R1 and I still think I have a good shot at making it out. My R2 is super chill so far so be very afraid.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

how are these things usually scored? maybe... 3 points for person advance to the group you said,  2 points for person advances but to a different group, and 1 point for person advances but as replacement?

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Hmm, I was thinking 1 point if you correctly guess a player advancing and a bonus point if you correctly guess their group placement (1st/2nd). Guess it lines up with your idea but without the points for guessing replacement? Not sure anyone has indicated replacements much
    Already so many upsets, this is gonna be a wild ride.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo

Ok so going off what I mentioned the other day, the points formula I'll go with is:

1 point if you predict a player advancing from their group

1 point if you predict a player's position correctly

So for example you predicted Cocoa coming first in his group, you would get 2 points (1 for advancing, 1 for correct position). Admittedly, this doesn't account for later replacements.

Based on that, these are the current points tallies. Let me know if something doesn't seem right.

Attached Image: Predictions_R1_Standings.png

Chorkiel is first after Round 1 predictions, good job! With cocoa, myself, liam and AJ only 1 point behind.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    chorkiel is so good at rct he doesn't even need to play it anymore to get first place in a contest
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Woah that's dope!

Thanks for calculating this, man!

• posix%s's Photo

Nice one Xtreme

• Liampie%s's Photo

Just looked at the predictions for the final 4... No one got more than two right. Mostly Leon and AVC, though Ethan somehow got wheres_walto in the final.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading