Micro Madness 2023 / MM4 R1 Group F

This topic hosts comments for 4 parks(View Parks)

Pick your favourite park

1. Jet Propulsion Labs by In:Cities 13 votes [19.70%]
    • Ge-Ride
    • Bubbsy41
    • Mulder
    • CedarPoint6
    • MorganFan
    • Hobeon
    • SavvyAdam
    • chorkiel
    • posix
    • Cocoa
    • Sulakke
    • RaunchyRussell
    • Camcorder22
    Percentage of vote: 19.70%
  2. The Hunt by Jappy 43 votes [65.15%]
    • bmschulz
    • wheres_walto
    • Narc
    • Persofte
    • Iretont
    • J K
    • pants
    • Scoop
    • RobDedede
    • RCT2day
    • Hex
    • AmusementParker
    • AvanineCommuter
    • inthemanual
    • Steve
    • Gustav Goblin
    • hoobaroo
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Lilly
    • Six Frags
    • bigshootergill
    • Kumba
    • Mulpje
    • ottersalad
    • Jens J.
    • Splitvision
    • Recurious
    • CoasterCreator9
    • Turtle
    • Xtreme97
    • hydroportal
    • roygbiv
    • Zarathustra
    • Ling
    • Otsdarva
    • nin
    • Milo
    • kenos
    • Lilith
    • Tolsimir
    • Astroturd
    • barnNID
    • WhosLeon
    Percentage of vote: 65.15%
  3. Raining Men by MK98 10 votes [15.15%]
    • Thethrillman
    • OddmentsAlchemyLab
    • Maverix
    • Ethan
    • RWE
    • Lurker
    • Babar Tapie
    • Ulvenwood
    • AJ-
    • Jene
    Percentage of vote: 15.15%
  4. Unnamed Entry by SB1 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Pick your second favourite park

1. Jet Propulsion Labs by In:Cities 23 votes [34.85%]
    • Persofte
    • Iretont
    • pants
    • Scoop
    • Maverix
    • RCT2day
    • AmusementParker
    • inthemanual
    • Steve
    • hoobaroo
    • Mulpje
    • ottersalad
    • Recurious
    • Turtle
    • Zarathustra
    • Ling
    • Otsdarva
    • kenos
    • Lilith
    • Astroturd
    • barnNID
    • AJ-
    • WhosLeon
    Percentage of vote: 34.85%
  2. The Hunt by Jappy 18 votes [27.27%]
    • Ge-Ride
    • Thethrillman
    • Bubbsy41
    • OddmentsAlchemyLab
    • Mulder
    • CedarPoint6
    • Ethan
    • RWE
    • Lurker
    • Hobeon
    • SavvyAdam
    • chorkiel
    • Babar Tapie
    • posix
    • Cocoa
    • Sulakke
    • Ulvenwood
    • Jene
    Percentage of vote: 27.27%
  3. Raining Men by MK98 24 votes [36.36%]
    • wheres_walto
    • Narc
    • J K
    • RobDedede
    • Hex
    • MorganFan
    • AvanineCommuter
    • Gustav Goblin
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Lilly
    • Six Frags
    • bigshootergill
    • Kumba
    • Jens J.
    • Splitvision
    • CoasterCreator9
    • Xtreme97
    • hydroportal
    • roygbiv
    • nin
    • Milo
    • Tolsimir
    • RaunchyRussell
    • Camcorder22
    Percentage of vote: 36.36%
  4. Unnamed Entry by SB1 1 vote [1.52%]
    • bmschulz
    Percentage of vote: 1.52%
  • Ulvenwood%s's Photo

MK98: My favourite of the bunch. I live for these types of gimmicks, and being well-executed puts this as a winner for me. I do wonder why it didnt play the song. That would only have been a couple of minutes of work really. 

Jappy: Taking second, just by a little bit. Love the story going on here, and the cleanliness with which you conveyed your story brought it home. The guards are fun, ship is really well put together, and the music tops everything off. 

In:Cities: I really love the colour scheme with the yellows and blues, those work so well together. Mansion is done well,Might be one of the best concepts here, but it does feel a little unrefined in places. Hate to put you third tbh. Nobody is drinking martinis. Did you drink it all?

SB1: Fun stuff but not up to par with the rest of the submissions in this group. Good timing on the interlocking loops. Try to name your rides and customize your queues.

• barnNID%s's Photo

1. Jappy- Lmao this is amazing. The music, the concept and the execution were all spot on. Also that sky-boat(?) is god damn nice. really creative, impressive and fun entry

2. Josh- I really like this entry. The architecture it top notch all around. Even though this isn't quite as detailed as other entries the forms and composition of your architecture is always extremely impressive. The concept is also just really fun. I really enjoyed this overall. 

MK98- It certainly is raining men. This is a really fun entry with some impressive architecture and nice conept. I was definitely a fan of this one, although I wish we got to see the train that is making so much noise! Overall, I really like this, a very strong showing

SB1- I really like the coaster layout here! It has some pretty impressive interactions with the drop tower and the scrambler! I like the simplicity as well, it is a very nice change of pace:) 

• AJ-%s's Photo

In:Cities- this is so punk, its giving johnny test vibes. The launch out of the roof is always good. The test flight rocket ride is ridiculous. 

Jappy- the story telling in this is so good! I love how the music fits with it! The meat thing is so freaking funny. I love to see it! The details on the flying boat is so freaking good!!!

SB1- the loops look so good together. I like how well its timed. 

MK98- This i actually crazy ahaha its so much people. I wish it had the music but i dont care! This is a great use of the lamp light objects.
  • Lurker%s's Photo

MK98: A funny concept with some creative technical tricks behind it, this one was a lot of fun to look through.

Jappy: Great storytelling and well-timed effects, and the desert landscaping is great. The centerpiece flying ship is pretty great too.

In:Cities: Having the cave area underneath adds to this, the centerpiece mansion is also cool with everything built into, around and on it.

SB1: Basic by MM standards but the coaster is fun with the well-timed interlocking loops and interaction.

• Jene%s's Photo

Jet Propulsion Labs by In:Cities

This is a fun micro with a great theme. Well composed.

The Hunt by Jappy

Sandworms, explosions and flying ships. What´s not to love? The chosen music fits perfectly.

Raining Men by MK98

MK you´re a genius. This is such a funny use hacking. I´ve been laughing my ass of watching this with the music. #1

Unnamed Entry by SB1

The timed loops are nice. Always good to see new faces around here.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Really tough vote on this one, top 3 could've gone any way

1) Josh - the entry that felt like the most fully functionally park, I like the narrative present here and all the little details too.  Archy felt maybe a little rushed but still a solid job nonetheless.

2) MK98 - love the execution of this idea so much! some pretty nice ideas here as well like the MM sign.  

3) Jappy - love these narrative entries we're seeing more, i don't know if I can keep up with these haha.  It feels really cinematic in a cool way!  Maybe has less park content than the others.  

4) Sb1 - Solid layout, nice job timing the loops! love to see new faces here.  

• Liampie%s's Photo

In:Cities: this feels like something out a 90s/00s children’s cartoon about some weird kid scientist inventor kind of guy. With a house that could be made into a toy. It’s quite fun to look at, despite it obviously missing a layer of polish. Nice job Josh. :)

Jappy: how the fuck did you come up with this? Absolutely hilarious! Music is fitting for something as silly and heroic. Was waiting for them to catch the beast eventually, but it looks like the entire plan failed? I kept watching it for a while though. So fun. Who the hell made a steak ride??? Well done, anyway. Pun intended.

MK98: opened the map, saw and instantly liked the stylised architecture, realised I needed the music for the full experience, and made the connection with the background scenery in the music video. What a great thing to adapt in RCT! I love that you added a morbid twist with the mangled bodies everywhere. Maybe could’ve done with a few more scenes of what happens when it starts raining bodies. I mostly just spotted the car crash.

SB1: this is perhaps the least technically advanced entry in R1, but it’s got something going for it: a long coaster that is not bad at all! Helix into a first drop is always a winner. Synced interlocking loops, excellent! Actually, even the helices are synced. Nin isn’t the only person with dueling coasters this MM! Well done.

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Document
    Micro Madness 2023 Logo

Match
    Conclusion

The poll is now closed. The formula to derive the results is:

1st choice votes + ½ × 2nd choice votes
    Player Calculation Score Outcome Jappy
    43 + ½ × 18
    =
    52 (53%)
    Quarterfinal 3
    In:Cities
    13 + ½ × 23
    =
    24.5 (25%)
    Quarterfinal 4
    MK98
    10 + ½ × 24
    =
    22 (22%)
    Replacement Chance
    SB1
    ½ × 1
    =
    0.5 (1%)
    Eliminated

As replacement, MK98 is invited to submit a park for Round 2 (QF). If there is a drop-out their micro will be chosen at random as replacement.

• Ziscor%s's Photo

Jet Propulsion Labs - in:Cities

This is so god damn clean and I can't stop looking at it. The architecture is so thoughtfully built, especially wherever there are windows, and that one alcove. Great textures that work beautifully. I also love the subtle alternating tile colors on that flooring.

In retrospect it does seem like you couldn't make as much time as you'd probably have liked, but you're such a high level parkmaker that even when you spend less time on something it still looks so damn good.

There's so much motion in this micro through that test flight, the smoke effects, all the fire, the elevator going up and down, all those fireworks, even the balloons floating up! The amount of peeps walking around also feels just right, which I personally always struggle with.

The lower level did feel a little under-detailed but I'm also very spoiled for using Cut-away View expecting too many details that would never be seen otherwise anyway :p

The rockwork looks great too, for what I understand to largely be two types of objects I think, other than some Fisch rocks here and there.

Just a fun micro overall and I can't imagine what your micro for R2 will be now!

Raining Men - MK98

Uh oh folks, JAM ALERT. This won me over so bad, I was laughing audibly for no reason at this. So silly lmao, the music really makes this. What a messed up place.

For the map itself, all the details are so well executed. The buildings absolutely look like their part from the music video they're probably inspired by. Simple execution on those windows and roofs, which does their job to an absolute T.

I so wish there were easter eggs throughout with staff, vehicles, custom messages, anything at all here and there, which would almost complete the package on the fun factor here. I'm still smiling as I write this, what a crazy thing it was to watch literal men falling, civilization in chaos as the upbeat music played haha. I was guilty of this for my own micro, but it would definitely help if the music was in-game purely for convenience's sake for experiencing this again in the future.

The Hunt - Jappy

The read-me gave a neat, short idea of what to feel going into this. And then I open the map and WOAHHHH!

After staring at the map for an eternity, baffled by what just happened and how it just happened, I think I know which micro is my favourite of this group, and one of my favourites from this entire round. Jesus dude, the thrill and excitement this gave was as powerful as an action film. Each timed explosion (how in the hell is that executed?), the desert boat luring the beast with the cartoony steak... I'm in love.

The detailing is as good as it gets in my personal opinion. Nothing missed. It was truly cinematic. I wish I could experience this from a fresh set of eyes all over again; and so I'd love to forget all about this micro so I can reopen it every once in a while and let my jaw drop.

The flying ship bears special mention because just look at it! On that ship are staff, which bring me to the point: I completely didn't notice them on the first viewing because I was absolutely stuck looking at everything else! Their dialogue brings so much life to what was already a map full of it.

Overall it's a map I've fallen head-over-heels in love with. I literally can't wait to see more from ya in this contest man.

Unnamed Entry - SB1

I loved the simplicity of it, and the coaster was quite fun to follow. The way two of the three trains always run such that they meet at the loop was awesome. I think the coaster's color blended in a negative way with the color of the palms, but overall I enjoyed this. The composition was interesting too. If you stay with the NCSO style, it'd be really neat to see you push your boundaries and achieve things with it! As is the nature of competitions, some entries just can't stack up against the others though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading