Head-2-Head-X / Head-2-Head-X: Guess The Builder

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

With a new H2H comes another game of guess the builder! This will be the same format as in H2H8 and H2H9 with some slight adjustments to the points in order to accomodate the removal of floater and removed player cap.

Guess The Builder Format

For each matchup a Google Form will be posted in this thread where you can guess the respective builders of the two parks on that matchup. Who's got the best builder knowledge this time?

The point allocations are:

- 1 point for each player you guess correctly.

- 2 bonus points if you guess the park lineup exactly. (If there are >4 players on a park and you guess them all you will still receive the bonus points)

Rules

- All player combinations must be below the 10-point limit per park. If you select more than this amount your guess will be invalidated.

- Please don't guess on your team's park or if you already know the creators.

- There is a cap of 4 players per guess. This is to ensure guesses aren't deliberately loaded with many low-point players and encourage actual guessing.

Round 1

Results

R1M1: Dambusters vs Jazzcats

Match Thread

R1M2: Hurricanes vs Evergreen Gardeners

Match Thread

R1M3: Lonely Hearts Club vs Soda Jerks

Match Thread

Round 2

R2M1: Lonely Hearts Club vs Evergreen Gardeners

Match Thread

R2M2: Jazzcats vs Soda Jerks

Match Thread

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

Current Standings

Attached Image: Standings_Round1.png

Previous Updates:

Round 1

• Liampie%s's Photo

Thanks for doing this! One of my favourite parts of H2H is figuring out who built each park.

• ottersalad%s's Photo

Love Guess the Builder! And I'm always terrible at it!

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Agree with everyone else, was really excited to give this another spin.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Can't wait to get zero points!

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

But did you have fun?

• Lurker%s's Photo

Sent my GTB in, gonna see if I'm better at it than I was in H2H9 (Probably not lol)

• J K%s's Photo

Nice love this!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

So there's no downside to wrong guesses?

• Scoop%s's Photo

That's what I gathered.

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    The downside is I will make fun of you
  • RWE%s's Photo

the downside is you don't get the bonus points

• Recurious%s's Photo

Glad we are doing this again. This is always one of my favourite parts of H2H. One question though:

Why do we have this rule?

- All player combinations must be below the 10-point limit per park. If you select more than this amount your guess will be invalidated.

I think sometimes it can actually make sense to put a guess in of more than 10-points, even though you will know you will not have all builders correct, sometimes you can guess that one of the top builders must have been involved and it can be more strategic to vote for 3 top builders. I think this rule limits voting strategies a bit. I understand it, but I think this restriction is not really necessary. Just something to consider.

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

It wouldn't make sense though, as it would allow you to put 6 or 7 names down. It essentially replaces the rule of only being able to pick 3 players (+floater) in the H2H9 guess the builder, as that's the maximum a park could possibly have. If you're sure one of the builders is a 5 pointer then you have to limit your other guesses as such, that's just how the game is played. I also think voting strategies is a bit much for this game :p

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

40 responses so far by the way, awesome!

• Recurious%s's Photo

Nvm, I didn't realize that there is no builder limit this year besides the point limit. For some reason I still had the 3 player rule stuck in my head.

That actually changes my mind on what I should have voted. I have submitted another form. Hope you don't mind :p.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Correct guesses should be worth as many points as the players are worth! Otherwise it might be worthwhile to just check as many lowest ranking players as you can each round, and you might outscore people who correctly deduce top players simply through chance!

• Recurious%s's Photo

What Liam said is indeed exactly what I did :p. Just filled up my open slots with 1 point players and hoped for the best. Only downside of this strategy is that you won't get the 2 bonus points.

• Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo
    You can just guess every player on the team and technically end up correct minus the bonus points. You should get -1 if you have more wrong than right.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading