(Archive) Advertising District / Highland Secrets

• Valp%s's Photo
    Beyond the highest hill you've ever seen and past the horizon lie the Highlands... and the secrets within. Beginning at the the Journey Sector, venture into villages of mystery, adventure, beauty, and sacrifice...

Village of Entry:

Attached Images

• Attached Image: Array
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    interesting.. really. something about it i like, quite a lot of detail too. good work =D.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    the jungle wall pieces look......interesting. maybe u overused them a bit too much but nonehteless i like it. i think it would help to use the jungle rooves as well as the the brown regular roofs but just a suggestion.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    "Highland Secrets"? I take it thats Scottish......?

Nice building structure and scenary usage. The problem is, I am not all to fond of the colors. Add in a lighter color (probably brown castle or brick) for more variety. You are the first person I have ever seen that has managed to make those ugly jungle walls (the green leafy ones) look good. Wonderful tree selection. Truly. Now just add in more colors and everything will look heavenly.

See you at TN :yup:
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Oh, don't worry about color. It's pretty even between green and brown, and there's a little tan and magenta thrown in as well.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
  • Ryanb122%s's Photo
    i thought you baled this project Valp

Ryan :w00t:
  • Valp%s's Photo
    I work so slowly... but it's still coming along. Here's a screen of the edge of the Village of Entry:

Attached Images

• sloB%s's Photo
    there isn't too much her but i think you need to line up the log walls and checkered flooring on that building. it looks weird as is.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    ^ Its supposed to be like steps...

I like it. Not amazing, but pretty good.
    It looks like Kumba's work...
  • guljam%s's Photo
    Wow.

I loce it. what a real... -_-;
    Very good
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I love the tree combo. Good idea with the steps too - takes advantage of the 'mid height mark' scenery options.

It's a little colourless though...but that's me talking.
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    This place has some great archy. he isn't eve showing the best parts...
  • Valp%s's Photo
    As always, thank you for the replies, and here's a screen of a new area:

Attached Images

• mantis%s's Photo
    Yay! Blood red goodness!

I think you should make some bigger structures within the buildings - like have some larger flat roofs or something. That way it breaks up the higgledy-piggledy-ness of the sides.

But I like it :)
    You should put in some windows somewhere on it. I like the red alot. Also, try to have maybe a flat area with potted plants in it or something. Any coasters yet?
  • guljam%s's Photo
    some redColor..

ÀüüÀûÀÎ ¸ð½ÀÀÌ º¸±â ÁÁ´Ù
  • Valp%s's Photo
    I did have an invert built, but it was really terrible... but here's some more architecture of the same section... comments por favor!

Attached Images

Looks good. You might want to put more windows on your buildings though. The sure the tree scheme flows well because it seems different from before.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    meh.

IMO its boring and all the colors and textures are so similiar its almost hard to tell them apart.

It needs more variation.
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    I think its fairly boring aswell. It deffinately needs more windows or something and some more colour. But its bad or anything.

:et: Turned :et:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading