Ask the Experts / Problem with RCT 1

• Benni%s's Photo
    Hello,
    I built here some Parks a long while ago but when I tried to go on with Terratina 2, I couldn't load the hacked Parks.I've got the officiell Patch and the Drexerpatch and both I've got installed...

I'm using Windows XP (when I built before i just had Windows 98).

Please help me ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    the drexler patch should fix that, but if you do have that installed, i´m clueless.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Are you sure it loads non-hacked parks?
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    a lot of people have problems with Xp...
    maybe search for past topics and u cud find an answer
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    I had the same problem too. Do this:

- Go find the rct.exe file, in the RCT root folder.
    - Click properties.
    - Change compatibility in Windows 98.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I tried this Robo, and I don't see any way to change the compatibility when the properties box pops up. Please explain further I am trying to install rct on my laptop..
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Well Fatha', it's not on this computer, but on my neighbours and I'm not exactly sure what I did. I think I did this.

Right click on the rct.exe file, click properties. Somewhere in this popup you should be able to find Compatibilie (or something like that). Maybe you can find it in another tab.

If you can find it, try the shortcuts properties. It's all I can think of.

If I can get on the neighbours computer, I might be able to explain in more detail, but I'm not sure I can get on it.

Let me know if you succeeded.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I remember the troubles I had installing LL with XP, but I did get it to work. However I'm not sure I remember exactly what I did.

I think I had to change the properties of the installers to run in Windows 95 mode (I think 98 didn't work for me) then once the game was installed changed the RCT.exe file to run in 95 mode as well. I will check when I get on that computer to see which combination of OS and color mode I had to use. I don't remember if I changed the properties of the patches or not (don't think I did). All I know is it took me about 3 hours of trying various combinations of everything I read I should try to make it work. Stupid fucked up operating system.

Good Luck
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I had the same problems everyone has with XP and went through the same sort of process Toon did. Even after all of that I can still only open saved games from the in game menu and can't load them up straight from shortcuts. Also when I am using the beast I have to open Windows Task Manager between every single hack, as it freezes for a reason unknown to me when I use the beast, and close it again to continue playing. It's extremely irritating but I have learned to put up with it.

XP hates RCT1.
  • Benni%s's Photo
    oooooh sorry boys, the problem isn't there any longer.

THX to all who replied!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Glad to see that you're returning ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yay! Entropy-inspirer :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading