Park Wars / PARK WARS SIGN-UPS

• Alec%s's Photo
    That me and Ed will NOT win?

Edited by AK, 23 September 2003 - 08:16 PM.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Demoralization can be a good strategy AK but I prefer to deflate expectations as much as possible so if it does turn out great people will be shocked. It's safer that way. Or we could go with Chauncey's strategy and not spend any points at all. :lol:

PS - I want my own smilie too! - - > :SA:
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Agreed, Ed.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Are we supposed to have started?
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Indeed. Can we start? Pweeeease?
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    not yet
  • Tony%s's Photo
    Count me out, I don't want to do it anymore.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    In case you missed it iris, BigFoot, or is it Mystery Mod???, and I chose a name and location:

Valley Point Amusement Park, Ireland
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    We decided that Park Wars 2 will be for RCT1 right? Maybe we could start up a second division for RCT2 players so some of the people who want to participate but missed the signups can and we can get people involved in Park Wars before H2H3.
  • John%s's Photo
    I'd be really interested if Park Wars would go RCT2... you could get alot more interest in the competition with both games involved.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    What pisses me off is that you'd get shitloads of people d/ling the RCT2 parks saying 'ooh, lost my LL disc, can't look at those, i'll vote for the rct2 ones anyway' EVEN when the LL people CAN be bothered to dig out their rct2 discs and check out the rct2 parks.

Bastards.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah I agree. That's why I think we should keep the two totally seperate. It's like 2 Park Wars running at the same time, one for LL and one for RCT2. That way more people are involved, more people can view parks in the format they prefer, and we don't have to worry about bias affecting the results. It really wouldn't affect the LL competition at all. Except maybe less people will look at the LL parks, but I think that would have been true anyway. If we really want park wars to involve people like H2H has, we need to let the RCT2 parkmakers in on the fun.
  • John%s's Photo
    It would be a totally unfair competition to intertwine the two, but having separate competitions would be ideal for both sides, LL and RCT2 people alike. Lets do it... c'mon everybody, you know you want to. ;)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    I second that, John.

RCT2 Park Wars would be awesome. The idea of having 2 totally different competitions running at the same time sounds like it could work very well too. Good idea, Ed. I'm all for it
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I think the LL competition would take a backseat to the RCT2 one too much. I can't see RCT2ers bothering to even vote from screens/advertising in the LL catagory if they have an RCT2 one to look at. But if there was no RCT2 competition then the LL would get the attention it deserves.

RCT2 has to muscle its way in on everything doesn't it! :@

:D
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    stick to rct1 IMO...
    and im a rct2 player
  • John%s's Photo
    I, for one, love to look at LL parks, but cannot build one worth a shit, so I am out of luck with Park Wars as it stands now. It's really hindering another great competition for RCT2 parkmakers to just allow LL parks. LL wouldn't really take a backseat because no matter what you are going to have those people who like LL parks look at them, I don't think RCT2 becoming more popular has done anything to disallow LL for H2H3, parkmakers still have the option to use LL. If parkmakers have the option to either there, why not have two different competitions for Park Wars?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    TPM, maybe you remember saying this several months ago:

You may want it more realistic as well, that’s fine as it's obviously down to you in the end so go ahead, but if you keep shaping contests to please you, you cant expect everyone else to rush to join in and then get pissed off when you don't get 1,000 people finishing in two days.

Well if you look at the Ad. District and the Protour topic you'll see how much of the community plays RCT2. If we cut them off from Park Wars 2 completely, that isn't going to help those of us who are competing or the site. There are a lot of parkmakers who build in RCT2 and want to prove themselves in a competition like this and a lot of people who would love to see those parks. I think there'll still be an audience for the LL division. If there isn't one, than it won't matter if we add an RCT2 competition or not. We have to accept the reality of the situation and allow RCT2 to grow as well. RCT2 is growing and if we refuse to acknowledge that, we'll just become obsolete. I'm not giving up on LL, I'll be building LL parks for a long time to come (cause I've already started enough projects to last me for the next 2 years) and I hope there'll be people out there who enjoy those parks. But if enough people want an RCT2 competition, why shouldn't there be one? There's room enough for everyone.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Count me in on the RCT2 side of things.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    There is no RCT2 side of things...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading