(Archive) Advertising District / Knott's Arizona Adventure's

• Brent%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Some of you might remember a park back that was being advertised back at RCT Station. This park, Knott's Arizona Adventure's, was rather popular during its construction period. Although it never was completed, many a people asked through AIM and MSN what happend to it? Well, what happened was that the City of Mesa decided to halt construction altogether and make us wait until we had more funds.

Guess what. We got the funds.

That's right, as of today Knott's Arizona Adventure's is back on the prowl to become one of the most visited attractions this side of the Mississippi.

Construction has already re-started on a couple of buildings. We also have more land. We've nearly doubled the size of the park, which is great. The waterpark, which never fully did get off the ground, will also be bigger. The finished Amphitheater will still be where it is, because you can't move something that big, lol. The hotel will be demolished, since bratty teenagers threw massive parties in it while it layed un-used. And the golf-course will get a major upgrade.

Here's the first shot of three to show tonight:

Posted Image
    Pictured is the 21 Gun Saloon and the Fill 'Em Up game, which has a small fee to play.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Brent S.
    (867) 555-1KAA

BROWN RECLUSE TRAGEDYSM
    ARIZONA’S TALLEST AND LONGEST AND ONLY
    WOODEN ROLLER COASTER
    ATTACKS FALL 2003 AT KNOTT’S ARIZONA ADVENTURE’S

MESA, Ariz. (July 27, 2003) – BROWN RECLUSE TRAGEDYSM, the tallest, longest, most massive wooden roller coaster in Arizona, attacks guests Fall 2003 at Knott’s Arizona Adventure’s.
    “Knott’s Arizona Adventure’s heralds into the new millennium with the most ambitious and exciting project in the park’s construction phase, for now…,” announced Eric Mull, vice president and general manager of the Mesa, Ariz. theme park.
    “Brown Recluse Tragedy is designed to blend stupendous, state-of-the-art coaster thrills with Knott’s rugged Western roots,” Mull added. “Three 28-passenger trains will travel the coaster’s 4,331 feet of track, delighting 1700 guests each hour. Towering 130 feet at its highest point, the themed white-knuckler will boast a dramatic, 108-foot, 51-degree, 61 mph drop and a maximum G-force of 4.1.”

The lengthy Brown Recluse Tragedy track will be stationed at the far left of the park and will deliver a great view of the park on the way up the lift.
    To be built with 2.5 million board feet of long-leaf southern brown pine, the weathered look and feel of the coaster is designed to blend with Knott’s celebrated Old West atmosphere just like at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California. Brown Recluse Tragedy will dominate the front left side of the soon-to-be famous park, with its huge, high framework plainly visible from Arizona Avenue.

(more)

According to Brent Schmidt, Knott’s vice president, design and architecture, Brown Recluse Tragedy delivers to its riders a very different kind of roller coaster experience. “The structural flexibility of the classic wooden coaster intensifies the passengers’ sensation of weightlessness,” Hall stated. “Brown Recluse Tragedy riders will feel as if they are moving, shifting and swaying with the structure.”

Construction of the gigantic project has just finished at the Mesa, Ariz. theme park, and is plainly visible from Arizona Avenue. and inside the park itself in most parts. The project list includes 50,000 pounds of nails, 1,000 tons of nuts and bolts and 250 tons of steel.

Knott’s Arizona Adventure’s is part of the Cedar Fair family of amusement parks, coast to coast. In addition to Knott’s Arizona Adventure’s and Knott’s Berry Farm, Cedar Fair owns and operates Cedar Point amusement park/resort in Sandusky, Ohio; Valleyfair family amusement park in Shakopee, Minnesota; Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom amusement/water park in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri and manages Knott’s Camp Snoopy, Mall of America, Bloomington, Minnesota, Michigan’s Adventure + their water park, and Knott’s Soak City in Chula Vista, California as well as Palm Springs, Calif.

-- Brown Recluse Tragedy --

Posted Image

Architecture work progressing as fast as it can. The Ghost Town Bakery was finished up, along with the On-Ride Photo Booth for Brown Recluse Tragedy.

The Ghost Town Bakery will feature Funnel Cakes, Cookies, and Ice Cream for everyone to enjoy on a hot day at the park, with family-friendly prices. And if you're thirsty, the Bakery also makes Floats and Malt Ice Cream, as well as the usual soda pop's from our sponser, Coca-Cola.

Posted Image

That's all for the time being, as I'll be out for the weekend, maybe longer while I visit Six Flags Magic Mountian, and help out my Dad with some job duties.

Any comments or questioned will be welcomed, and replied to ASAP.

-Brent
  • DeaDLocK%s's Photo
    Nice, looking very good. your archy looks great simple and effective.
    Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    looking nice.

I don't like the multicoloured paths but thats just me I have never liked them really.

I do like that fill them up game awesome I dea and you have made it so well using the custom scenery.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Very cool park indeed. I really like the back story to this park. The archy is nice and simple, but very effective. I'm not crazy about the orange and purple flowers, but that's just my aesthetic.

The water gun game is brilliantly executed. :yup:
  • Ryanb122%s's Photo
    Very nice i didnt know that knotts had its on theme park company

Ryan :w00t:
  • sloB%s's Photo
    i like the attention to detail with this park. i enjoyed reading about everythignt the ghost town bakery will have. things like that add to the park so much i thikn. plus it looks cool :)
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I dont know. I am sorta bored with it. All the buildings shown are the same and follow the same square style. Thats right..... everything is square and rectangle. If you want to add another 'dimention' to your buildings it would make them much more interesting.

The building in the first screen looks pretty good. What I dont like about it are those wierd logs floating in mid air and that 'line' of barrels on the building's porch. Yes, the problem with the barrels is they follow a pattern, which totally destroys the parks pleasant randomness. To look realistic, they must indeed be random, not in a pattern. The "Fill em' Up" game looks wonderful.

I like the second screen. Lovely design and everything. Once again though, I am starting to get bored. This is just a section of the park right....... your not going to fill the entire map up with these wooden buildings............. are you?

The third screen I hate...... mostly becasue of the extreme ugliness of that building. Bad color and texture choice. Stick mostly to your standard brown wood walls and windows for this type of theme, but if you want a different texture, brick would fit in great (Not yellow or mechanical......).

One thing I will say about this thing is the landscaping is wonderful.
  • sboarder%s's Photo
    No.... Knott's wouldn't have a sister park in Arizona... No NO NO!! If ANYTHING you should rename it a Cedar Fair type name, but don't rename it a park already part of a chain. No, I'm sorry, the screens are beautiful, but I hate the idea.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    I like it alot. It's quite realistic without being boring. I also like the custom paths. Good job.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Knott's was originally planning a park in AZ before CF bought it, but I bet you didn't know that. 8@

I'll reply about the other posts later, me'sa busy.
  • Hyperion%s's Photo

Well, what happened was that the City of Mesa decided to halt construction altogether and make us wait until we had more funds.

Guess what. We got the funds.

Lol... If I heard some new real park owner say that I would pee my pants... parks ussually don't spend so much money they stop construction... anyways getting to the screen...Everything looks so plain. I got bored looking at the screens. There's nothing that intrigues me. It's just boring
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Impuls3, let me be the first to tell you congradulations on making the most realistic western theme I have ever seen. People may complain that the archy is blocky, but in reality those screens truly depict what western towns looked like back then. Also, mad props on the game in the first screen. Thats one of the most creative things I have ever seen and deserves applaud. Great job and I'm a fan.

9/10.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Its lookin great I love it...only thing I would suggest is changin the paths to all the same because the way it looks with the different color land kinda clashes with it...but thats juts me...Id suggest all brown or all of the rock kind...just a suggestion tho.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Blah blah blah...

Nobody seems to care so I'll just show the screens and make you wonder why the hell the station's like it is...

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    The bear is cute, nice touch there. The archy is the same as the last screens, very good and western like. I like the covering over the launched invert, nice touch. Still lookin good, keep it up.

8/10
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    I like the park, I like the western theme, and I like the name. It is so cool, Brent0s... I MEAN, Impuls3. ;)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    this looks great in my opinion

I especially like how the Implulse goes over the water

but i dont know i like the use of the chinese cedar tree, a little out of place

and i am liking the detail and atmosphere in this park in general. keep it up
  • mantis%s's Photo
    My only suggestion would be make sure those bright-white 1/4 tile trees don't line up cos otherwise you get an ugly vertical line of white between all that nice foliage...try and offset them from every angle.

The buildings are nice, and the fill 'em up thingy looks fun.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I am starting to grow a bit more fond of this. All your little details added onto the buildings are wonderful. The archy is indeed a wonderful recreation of an old western town, as Fatha' pointed out.

I must ask again though- are you going to make the whole park like this? Please dont if so. It will get very boring very quickly.

Now, before I move on to my next and main comment, I know I sorta rave about architecture sometimes, but it is really the only solid, complex aspect of a parks theme. That, in all its entirety (< I know I cant spell) is what this park is lacking. You need a bit more complexity (i.e- more architecture). With that said, I would also suggest more colors (once again). Brick and the brown castle walls should fit in great.

About the impulse, I really like the way it goes over the water. What I dont like about it however is the color. The brown just matches this big color monotony you have going. Maybe paint it something that stands out a bit more.

I do like what you have going, you just need a bit more of it....... if you know what I mean.
  • Brent%s's Photo

My only suggestion would be make sure those bright-white 1/4 tile trees don't line up cos otherwise you get an ugly vertical line of white between all that nice foliage...try and offset them from every angle.

Did that, alwasy do... double checked anyways, and found a couple that were like that. Nice to hear someone else is picky about trees.

I am starting to grow a bit more fond of this. All your little details added onto the buildings are wonderful. The archy is indeed a wonderful recreation of an old western town, as Fatha' pointed out.

That's pretty cool to hear, especially from yourself (as well as Fatha', which is just awesome). What I don't get is how the both of you think it's so westernish. I mean, the buildings are wooden and all, but it's more like a mountain town (since its like, based in a fictional town in AZ now).

I must ask again though- are you going to make the whole park like this? Please dont if so. It will get very boring very quickly.

Of course not, this will be differently themed. Think of it like a IOA park, Toon's or Harakiri's. It'll include a boardwalk type section like KBF, except Arizonian style, lol. The park will also boast a rather fun Camp Snoopy, as well as the Indian Village section that will feature the history of the Hopi. There might be another section or two, but until then that'll be kept under wraps.

Now, before I move on to my next and main comment, I know I sorta rave about architecture sometimes, but it is really the only solid, complex aspect of a parks theme. That, in all its entirety (< I know I cant spell) is what this park is lacking. You need a bit more complexity (i.e- more architecture). With that said, I would also suggest more colors (once again). Brick and the brown castle walls should fit in great.

Okeyday, I know what's shown isn't showcasing much archy so far, but that's only on one side of the paths. Western buildings weren't so amazingly built, so until I reach the later sections, then it'll be more modernized. I mean, don't get me wrong, they'll still be different styles, but not so wow, ya know?

About the impulse, I really like the way it goes over the water. What I dont like about it however is the color. The brown just matches this big color monotony you have going. Maybe paint it something that stands out a bit more.

Hmmmm, different color... yeah I could try that. Goliath wasn't teal and orange (the real goliath), so I could use that as an example for better colors... not those colors though. I'll test the waters on that one.

I do like what you have going, you just need a bit more of it....... if you know what I mean.

I see...

Well, thanks for all the comments so far guys, really appreciate it. I hope to have an update with some more screens withing the upcoming days.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading