AD Releases / Paramount's Kings Dominion 2003 - RELEASED!

• Blast Coaster%s's Photo
    The time has come... After several months of work, Paramount's Kings Dominion has hit RCT2!

For those of you who have been lifelong visitors to the Doswell, VA park, I hope that seeing the park in RCT2 brings back memories... I've enjoyed having the privilege creating PKD and seeing it coming to life on the screen over the past few months.

Several rides use custom wav files. Since they are too large to include online, you may request them by sending an email to BlastCoaster@coaster-net.com. They can be installed by being placed in the /data RCT2 directory.

Please note that HyperSonic is the one coaster that can not currently operate, and will remain that way until I can find a way to merge its three track types.

Any inaccuracies can be sent into me for correction in the next park version which will come between now and the 2004 version.

Five screens of the completed park follow:

An aerial view of the entire developed map

The centrally-located Grove section

The back of the Grove

Volcano: the Blast Coaster and Flight of Fear

Old Virginia

To download, visit COASTER-net.com version 5 and click on Download Extras!

Now, stay tuned for the announcement of my largest RCT2 project ever and the first screens! You'll like this one! :)
  • Ryanb122%s's Photo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    i wonder what your next project will be??? :D :D

Ryan :w00t:
    You'll just have to wait and see ;)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    wonderful just as i knew it would be when u showd it to me a couple months ago. Great job Blastcoaster. For any of you guys who havent checked out his other work i would recommend. Especially Palm Tropics Resort. Its different than the style this site is used to but its probably the first 256x256 released and it has so many cool coasters and great ideas. Okay now i need to pull my head out of blastcoasters' ass. ;)
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

To download, visit COASTER-net.com version 5 and click on Download Extras

Dude, post a direct download to the park. No one wants to search through a website just to find the download.

I'll post my review shortly.
    I don't think that two clicks is searching through a site. If you're too lazy to click though, here's the direct link ;)

I look forward to your review, although I probably shouldn't ;)
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    This was a decent park at best. It's a good park if you just want the basics of PKD, but that is all you have. It very much looks like a Six Flags Chris Sawyer park..... just the bare basics. I've been to PKD many, many times (former season ticket holder) and the park is a lot more detailed than you have it. here are just a few minor things I'll point out:

- Way too much plain parking. If your're going to add in the large parking area for the park, at least do it correctly with the lines, sections (example Yogi 6, etc.), and even the arrangement of the area. The way you have the area coming out of I95 to the park is way off. You should have done it properly, had more parking ticket booths, and even the 7-11 and Burger King across the street.

- Entrance area was way off. Too ordinary. You should have hid the game made entrances with the appropriate roofing, made the season ticket office, the ticket booths, etc. You have a lot of buildings around that are plain rectangles without doors or windows. Just a box.

- All along International Street, you didn't have a single shop detailed. No windows or doors. No signs. Nothing.

- A lot of signs around the park were blank. Why?

- Rebel Yell was horrible. The height and the bunny hills made it look like a kiddie coaster. The turnaround at the end wasn't correct.

- Anaconda colors aren't correct and neither was the layout going into the first inversion. I know you tried to make it correct, but I've seen and done it better myself before.

- Flight of Fear. Should have made the unloading and loading platforms seperate like the actual ride.

- Volcano. The turnaround after the first boosters is way too large. It is more compact.

- There's a lot more like a bunch of missing buildings, and a lot of attention to detail is missing. This is a decent 'bare bones' layout but it could have been represented much better.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    i dont see anything particularly special about this park... there are some nice ideas here and there, the cable going off the park, the american flag is done well, the ivy on top of one of the passages was good... but the rides are uninspiring and repetitive and most of the buildings are blocky. it lacks a vivant atmosphere which, imo is the 1st thing a park should have. definitely a chris sawyer six flags sort of approach... its not all bad by any means tho, there are bits in this park that could be part of a more striking and lively park.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    Mike nailed it. Frankly, you don't know the meaning of detail.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Well, unfortuantely, I am with Mike on this one. I go to PKD many times a year, and I really don't think this looks like PKD. Especially the international street, the buildings are way too plain and lack the certain details that they have in the real park.
    -Nickelodeon Space Surfer is located at a slight decline in the land, so it should be be one height mark less than the land around it.

-The Congo Grill looks terrible. The wood is much darker and the circular huts are closer to the path.

-The park lacks any sort of fences in many areas, its a recreation, but it still needs to look good, right? That also goes for the land under the path being left alone too often.

-The building right next to the entry to Kidzville is much larger and has a small flat area beside it where more pipes and structures of sorts are located.

-Outer Limit's building is grey as far as I know.
    -The land under the first turnaround in Hurler is dirt or whatever.
    -Hurler's station would be more like the corrugated stuff or the walls with lines built in them.

I'm sure there are a few more, but I am too lazy to look for them.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Well, I just looked at the screenshots, and I agree with Mike and Spidey....lack of details, numerous inaccuracies, and an overall feeling of BLAH, and I haven't even opened the park yet.

Though I haven't been on Volcano (yet-give me two weeks), and it's been a while since I've been to the park (98-the day V opened), I can tell that this park is bare bones, despite your efforts.

Mike's assessment that this is the PKD equivalent of a Chris Sawyer park is right on.

Nice effort, but better luck next time.

Kai :|
    I appreciate the potential corrections that were pointed out... Let me address a few things:

I am aware that there is still detail that needs to be added. I have been to PKD many, many times myself, am a current passholder and know the park by heart. Think of the current International Street as a placeholder for the detailed one. I haven't had many pictures to work with for detail work.

The Burger King and 7-Eleven will not be able to fit on the map, but I will be adding the Kings Quarters as it is in the map range. I would even add the campgrounds if I had the room, but I'll have to take that up with Chris Sawyer.

I don't know which blank signs are being referred to. I might have accidentally left some 'no entry' ones around so that I could funnel the lost peeps out on some added paths. I thought I removed all of those.

I'm not messing with Rebel Yell since both its out and back run are comprised of low airtime hills.

I've gotten the comment about Anaconda's color scheme many times over... To me, the track is orange. To most people, from what I've heard, it's orange. Still, to some, it's red, and you can feel free to change that if it bothers you.

Seperate loading and unloading stations are not allowed on that type of coaster in RCT2 as much as I wish they were.

I know of five buildings in all that are missing, including two tent buildings, and I will be including all of those, if possible, in version 1.5.

The Flight of Fear building is clearly white to me and always has been, see what you think: Picture

The large area inside of Hurler is turf, I believe that I already have the land directly under the track with another land type.

Finally, I don't think that a few individuals here know the true definition of bare bones until they've seen a few of the "recreations" that I have in my day.

Thanks for the feedback; I'll have a lot to work with for version 1.5, as well as a few other things to be added that I've noticed at the park since the initial completion of the project.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Finally, I don't think that a few individuals here know the true definition of bare bones until they've seen a few of the "recreations" that I have in my day.

Thanks for the feedback; I'll have a lot to work with for version 1.5, as well as a few other things to be added that I've noticed at the park since the initial completion of the project.

Bare bones is just that...barren and minimalistic. This discussion is about this recreation, not your other ones. The path work (all of the diagonals) seemed to follow, but it is what's bordering them (in your park ->empty space) that is bare bones.

The park honestly has the half complete (please finish me!) feeling of the Six Flags scenarios released in RCT2, or the Alton Towers effort from RCT1. While I haven't ever done a recreation (and I applaud you for attempting one), I know that there are people here that know about these things, and have done them fairly well. Mike Robbins' BGW was a pretty decent version, and yours can be to if you fill in the empty spots for version 1.5.

I look forward to seeing that when you're ready to show it.

Kai :yup:
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Hmm...I must've been looking at Outer Limit's building when I was half asleep...
  • The Langolier%s's Photo
    I believe the FOF building color is a cream/white..which doesnt exsist in RCT2..i knoe the one at PKI is that color.

I like the park, yet ive yet to go to PKD. I wouldnt say it is bare bones nor a Chris Sawyer Six Flags design. This is more accurate than Chris RCT2 recreations, and a hell more accurate than Heide, AT and Blackpool he recreated. If I had to criticize nething, i wuld have before he finished and told him in his numerouse other progress threads, so that means i dont have nething to criticize. Again i have to go to PKD to remember what color each building is and what colors the jars are in the midway games( that was sarcasm okay).
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    We can just hope it's Cedar Point. :lol:
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    I have never been to PKD so I can't judge on the recreation part of it, but there is no excuse as to why Hypersonic XLC doesn't work. At least it doesn't work for me, as soon as the train gets around part of the turn it flies of the track and crashes at various points on the midway. I'd fix that before getting your panties in a bunch about a shrub that should be about 3 inches closer to the path or a color that is slightly off.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading