General Chat / Top 5 Videogames

• Bender902%s's Photo
    I don't know if anyone has done this before but anyways....what are your Top 5 videogames. Here are mine.

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)- Just an all around great game with awesome gameplay. I love the graphics it has, even compared to the amazing graphics of todays games. I even downlaoded it off the computer so I could play again.

2. Mario Kart 64 (N64)- This game is just plain fun. I could play it all day and never get tired of it. The easy and fun gameplay is much more enjoyable than the realistic games like Gran Turismo. Can't wait for Double Dash(looks even better).

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)- Wow, they found yet another way to improve on the best series ever. The smooth and amazing graphics just bring so much more to the game. I can't believe people ever doubted the new "cartoony" graphics. The gameplay (which was already great in earlier Zelda games) stays great and maybe is better.

4. Goldeneye (N64)- This game has a very entertaining single player game but adds a whole nother game on with the multiplayer action. Its like getting two games in one. The multiplayer game is tons of fun. You can sit and play it with friends for hours on end.

5. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City- (PS2): This game brought something brand new to the table. Open-ended game play that was fun to play. What is better than running around a city doing anything you want. The missions are also very fun.

This is my 5 favorite games of all time. It was hard to choose and I have about 20 games in mind that could maybe fit somewhere in my numbers 6 through 10. Now post yours!

Bendr902 :devil:

I didn't put any sports games in my top 5, but FIFA 2003 and NCAA Football 2004 are my favorites.

Edited by Bender902, 08 August 2003 - 11:49 AM.

• deanosrs%s's Photo
    *edit, ok i'll put details in....
    1. rct2 - the game that has let my imagination run riot the most.
    2. championship manager 4 (with exp. 5) - officially the most addictive videogame ever. don't start playing it if you like football (soccer), you'll never stop.
    3. wave race 64 - awesome water effects for the time, and if you own n64 magazine uk look out for my name in the top score charts for southern island...
    4. lylat wars (starfox 64) - i have completed this countless times on expert. absolutely awesome, first game i ever played with a decent storyline, even if it was about space dwelling frogs, wolves, falcons and foxes (and hares, nearly forget peppy :)).
    5. buggy boy (atari st) - the first game i ever played. i still love the little bleeping sound effects. i completed this at the age of 4.

and i haven't had room to mention gran turismo 3, pro evolution soccer 2, gta 3/vice city or caesar 3...
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I don't play Videogames, PC Games, Mac Games - or really, anything along those lines. The only one I play is RCT and RCT2 - and the only reason I play RCT is because I was severly into Roller Coasters as it was comming out. So, I downloaded the demo, got hooked, the rest is history.

I'm more into things which grant you intelligence, not rid you of it. You know - books, movies, art, music, plays, etc, etc, etc.

And I mean good books, movies, arts, music, plays, etc, etc, etc (although I do enjoy a nice fun slab of Bubble-Gum Pop and a silly Popcorn movie here and there). All playing video games does is zap your mind, of all its limited worth.

Even the most strategical ones do it (although to a lesser extent)! Fuck, even RCT does it...
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    1-guilty gear X2
    2-rct1&2
    3-warcraft3:frozen throne
    4-vice city
    5-total annihilation:core contingency

doesn't matter though, since i suck at all of them...
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    First off CG?, video games are something you do for fun. And secondly, games don't make you dumb, its the other way around. They CAN help with coordination, reading skills(play an RPG its got just the same amount of words as a short novel does). Anyways, Im not one of those people who does nothing but plays video games. But I do enjoy palying them for entertainment. Also, I'm not dumb. Even if I didn't play video games, I wouldn't read or watch a play because I hate both of them. Also, I loe movies wiht good plots.

Bender902 :devil:
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ thats called taking the bait... :)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I don't play Videogames, PC Games, Mac Games - or really, anything along those lines. The only one I play is RCT and RCT2 - and the only reason I play RCT is because I was severly into Roller Coasters as it was comming out. So, I downloaded the demo, got hooked, the rest is history.

I'm more into things which grant you intelligence, not rid you of it. You know - books, movies, art, music, plays, etc, etc, etc.

And I mean good books, movies, arts, music, plays, etc, etc, etc (although I do enjoy a nice fun slab of Bubble-Gum Pop and a silly Popcorn movie here and there). All playing video games does is zap your mind, of all its limited worth.

Even the most strategical ones do it (although to a lesser extent)! Fuck, even RCT does it...

Reading your posts rids me of intelligence, but you don't see me complaining.
  • The Langolier%s's Photo
    I beg to differ Chaucey..if uve played an RPG game before, ud know that and RPG doesnt rid u of ur intelligence one bit...far fucking from it

Technically, you are saying you dont play any trace of a video game besides RCT ONLY because it was coming out during the climax of ur coaster fascination..
    you do stuff that makes you smarter..like watching a movie, art, and plays....u like roller coasters and you only play RCT cauz u like coasters...then y are you here...off to danimation you go MWAHAHAHAHA

Oh, here are mine btw
    1) Earthbound-SNES
    2) Super MArio RPG-SNES
    3) FF Mystic Quest-SNES
    4) GTA3- PS2
    5) Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time(N64)
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    Most of the best games came from the SNES and thats why they are rereleasing them for Gameboy Advanced. I need to get the Gameboy attachment for my gamecude so I can replay them. Where did those good video games go?
  • cg?%s's Photo

you do stuff that makes you smarter..like watching a movie, art, and plays....u like roller coasters and you only play RCT cauz u like coasters...then y are you here...off to danimation you go MWAHAHAHAHA

This post presents perfect proof of what excesive gaming does to the human mind. Anywho...

I beg to differ Chaucey..if uve played an RPG game before, ud know that and RPG doesnt rid u of ur intelligence one bit...far fucking from it.

Okay - you're right, a good RPG doesn't rid you of intelligence and can be just as culuturally stimulating (in ways) to any of the things I mentioned. However - they do tend to rid you of a life. Not that I have one to begin with.

But really - I just don't enjoy playing videogames, and was joking (well - based on the definition of something not meant to be taken seriously, as opposed to the definiton of something intended to be humorous) and stuff...
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Can't there be one thread at this site without a petty argument? 8@

1. RCT1 & 2 (PC)
    2. Galaga (Arcade)
    3. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade)
    4. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis)
    5. Risk II (PC)
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    The ones closest to my heart.

1. RCT 1 & 2- Of course.
    2. Super Mario Sunshine- Because you have the little water pack thingy.
    3. Vice City- Because you can kill people and pick up hookers all in one game.
    4. Super Mario World- The one for the old Super Nintendo. Because it's old school Mario and is IMO the best Mario.
    5. Pac-Man- The original one. Because it's fucking addictive and has remained fun throughout the years.

Everything else is just a game.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • jhoffa%s's Photo

5-total annihilation:core contingency

Excellent. :D
  • Junior%s's Photo
    Hehe are some of these considered games? ;)

1. Half Life Counter Strike
    2. Half Life Day Of Defeat
    3. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
    4. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1
    5. Doom 1 (First Violent game i ever played)

-P.I.M.P :X
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    1. EverQuest - Quite possibly the biggest game ever. EVER. Not only is there a community while playing it, there are several on the interweb. It is fun, too. And addicting. I wish I had invented it. I would be rich.

2. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 - Another huge game in the online community, though not quite so big today. I would venture to say that it has passed its prime as far as wide-spread popularity is concerned. However, there are still some die-hard fans out there (aka NEers). RCT 2 was supposed to be the huge revival. Too bad the game sucks; and I got it for free.

3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - This is the greatest Zelda game ever, though Windwaker comes close. For the first time, we saw Link in three dimensions. Not only that, the game quality was excellent. It was really the only game like... it... at the time. A great alternative to RPGs that the Playstation offered.

4. Mario 64 - Man, this game was massive! There were so many secrets in the castle that you could just go exploring for hours. Games need to bring back all those easter eggs that many of the older ones had. It is, without a doubt, the best launch title in the history of gaming. Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast is a close second, but Mario takes the cake.

5. There is a great many games that could take this spot: Morrowind, Outcast, Sonic Adventure, Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft 2, Super Mario Bros... and more.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    1. RCT2
    2. SSX Tricky
    3. Pac-Man
    4. Gran Turismo 3
    5. Pro Skater 4 (that's an embarassing selection, but oh well)
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    It has been proven that, depending on the style of game, that playing them can improve your hand-eye-coordination, reflexes, problem solving skills, math skills (think of all the point systems needed for certain RPGs!), and other things like memory and understanding (think rules). In fact, playing video games could be considered good for you, but good luck convincing your parents of that.

Anyway, top 5? Ok then...

1Half-Life + Mods PC

It redefined PC FPS.

It did, no matter what you say came out before or after, Half-Life along with Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat (and all the rest) completely changed our views on how a PC FPS should be played. I play HL as well as TFC, CS, and DoD regularly, and have loved them the whole time.

2Halo Xbox

Consequently, Halo redifined FPS just like Half-Life did, but for consoles instead. People always try to say there is a new "Halo-killer" coming out. Nothing will ever kill Halo. Why? Because it has set itself into console history by changing how we think a FPS should be played. Not only does it have vehicles, pretty good AI, and a compelling story (if you don't try to say it's just about shooting aliens to bash it) it's also got some of the best multiplayer action and fun that I've had in a long time, especially on a console.

3Medal of Honor: Allied Assault + expansions PC

WWII never tires me. Obviously, neither do FPS. And there is just something about the way the creators of MoH:AA made this game that keeps me coming back all the time. Before my internet got bad, I used to play MoH online all the time, was even in a clan for a while, a pretty good one. But times change and as do our actions. Even so, I can still pick up AA and Spearhead to play through the campaigns a few times, and I away eagerly the release of Breakthrough.

4Battlefield 1942 + expansions PC

More FPS.

More PC.

More WWII.

More fun.

When I had the time to actually get to play this, you will find that this game, even though many n00bs play, to be quite fun and on a good connection quite lag-less even with 64 people playing. Plus, nothing beats flying over an enemy tank convoy, dropping bombs as your buddy in the gunner's seat takes out 2 enemy planes before parachuting down to their base and taking it. Good times.

5The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

This game is what really made me a Zelda fan.

Sure, I'd played Links Awakening and Oracle of Ages (don't have seasons), but OoT is what made me get Link to the Past (w/ 4 Swords [GBA]) and Wind Waker [GCN] (Not the best, but a Zelda title none the less). What can I say? It's not a FPS, but it is one of the best action/adventure games around, with a story and plotline and sidequests I can enjoy many times over. Plus, you get to ride a horse! Go Epona!

Though, 2 games are looking to take a stab at my list. One is Street Racing Syndicate, not out yet, but soon. And then there is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It has so much to do, so after I beat it 3-4 times through trying all the different possibilties I'll contemplate moving it to the list. Star Wars Galaxies could have made it, but... I can't really play it now... I moved and replaced my DSL with satellite and 56K... Joy. And of course, Rise of Nations is on the list, too... Maybe you should have done top... 10 or 20... I have way too many to choose from.

-Steel Falcon-
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I am sorry the list I am about to post is the top 5.

1. Grand Theft Auto Franchise
    2. SSX Franchise
    3. Warcraft Franchise
    4. Gran Turismo Franchcise
    5. Final Fantasy Franchise

Holy fuck, they are all franchises imagine that.

Those are the best eris of video games, ever.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    1. Grand Theft Auto franchise-killing people is fun :angel:
    2. Gran Turismo 3 - most realistic driving game ever. so mny cars to choose from. delicious`
    3. Donkey Kong (nintendo) - nothing like a classic
    4. halo - best multiplayer game. ever. (ive stayed up alln ight playing that with my friends, its great to play when ur high. :devil:

i can only think of 4 but theyre all good
  • mantis%s's Photo
    1. RollerCoaster Tycoon + Loopy Landscapes
    2. Mario 64
    3. Tekken 3
    4. Point Blank
    5. Mario Kart 64

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading