General Chat / Widespread Power Outage

• MickMaximus%s's Photo
    There has been a widespread black out from areas of Buffalo, Cleveland, NYC, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, etc...

Go HERE to read about it.

I lost power at work at about 4:00 PM and then I drove home which is 15 miles away and we have power here. I could just imagine how crazy it is in NYC right now.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    blackouts are cool.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    I live 45 minutes away from the city, and I have no idea what the hell is going on. I'm in new york, luckily I have a generator, but I'm still curious to what is going on. On my buddy list out of 137 buddie's I'm the only one online, I have a lot people from New Element on, but none of my friends from school. :X

BchillerR
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    That's wack.

I thought it was something special, like terroists.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    tell me about it, we had a widespread power outage around independence day, no electricity for a week
  • BchillerR%s's Photo

tell me about it, we had a widespread power outage around independence day, no electricity for a week

There's no information about what is going on, they have no idea yet.... turn on any new's station, it's breaking new's all over the country.

BchillerR
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo

There's no information about what is going on, they have no idea yet.... turn on any new's station, it's breaking new's all over the country.

BchillerR

yes there is. Last I heard was that a Con Ed plant in new York and a plant in Canada both ended up overloading. Thus shutting down the Niagra-Mohawk Grid, which serves much of the Northeastern United States and part of Canada. As soon as what was happening the grid area was walled off as to not cause the outages to spread across the countries. Power is slowly starting to come back on in a few places, and people are being rescued from subway cars and elevators.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo

BchillerR

yes there is. Last I heard was that a Con Ed plant in new York and a plant in Canada both ended up overloading. Thus shutting down the Niagra-Mohawk Grid, which serves much of the Northeastern United States and part of Canada. As soon as what was happening the grid area was walled off as to not cause the outages to spread across the countries. Power is slowly starting to come back on in a few places, and people are being rescued from subway cars and elevators.

Mabye just released... ;)

BchillerR
  • posix%s's Photo
    Yep, that's true.
    People are stuck in elevators and tubes everywhere. Most have to walk home and crowd the the bridges in New York which is very dangerous because it might be too much weight, as our News Channels are saying.
    It's like Sep the 11th. All channels have special newsshows about this here.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Oh no.  Blackout.  Gaspses.

what's the need for sarcastic reaction what the fuck
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    I am sorry SFK.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Great, another Pymmer-SFK shitslinging fest.

Anyway...Neither Boston nor Providence have had any trouble, I can tell you. Southeastern New England as well as Maine have had no power outages today. However, western New England (i.e. Connecticut, Vermont, Springfield Massachusetts/SFNE area) did lose power.

Hehehe, that's a bitch.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Great, another Pymmer-SFK shitslinging fest.

great, another pessimisstic comment from the asshole who cannot be pleased. :-p
  • vTd%s's Photo
    I guess there is only one thing to do at a time like this.

Posted Image
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    I live in Michigan and just now got power back.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Bah get used to it. California gets those all the time. Nothing to freak out about.

Turtleman 8)
  • Brent%s's Photo
    AHHHHHHHHH! My CD Player just turned off! TERRORIST ATTACK!!!!

Oh wait, heh... CD just ended. Mah bad. :w00t:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Bah get used to it. California gets those all the time. Nothing to freak out about.

Turtleman 8)

Um, no. This is much bigger.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Why the hell New York gets breaking news when power goes out. It wasnt a dramatic tragedy. Hell, Com Ed sucks. Power goes out in the South Suberberbs and chicagoland area for wide ranges (4-7 days) every time when storms come by. We dont get no damn breaking news for the 100,000's left out of power.

On another note, sadly, i got kinda happy. I wanted it to be a terrorist attack. I just hate Bush. He needs to be proven wrong. He's gone to far with this. Its actually sad that im thinking that. But what can i say, i hated bush since ever since he cheated in the election. :@
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    This was mainly New York City...but it was also about 17 million other people, chief.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading