Custom Scenery Exchange / Stone Path and another Brick one

• AustinPowers%s's Photo
    I've almost figured this thing out...I've got a great program for these textures so...

Here is a screen of the Stone Path:
    Posted Image

And here is a screen of the Brick Path:
    Posted Image

Both downloads can be found here:
    http://www.rctinnova...com/scenery.htm

Just scroll down to the picture...

What do you think??

AP
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    1st - Not bad
    2nd - Horrible to be honest. Just a wall on a floor and doesnt look right
  • sloB%s's Photo
    ^i agree. also i dont think that paths should be too detailed. it can make things a little overwhelming for the eyes. i say keep the pathing simple and do it with scenery etc.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    someone do a normal grey path with a single yellow line on one side of the path

Do two..one with one on the left hand side and then on another path on the right hand side...

would come in handy when i do a IOA rct rec...for marvel island.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I like the first one, its better than the other two you've done, but like they said, keep it simple.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Finally! A path topic that has people telling the truth about how they look!

First one's nice, second one's not so nice. They'd be better as roof pieces, but even then they wouldn't look that great.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Actually, if used right I think both of these would be quite nice looking. I would however try and make the bricks on the brick path red....... that might look nice.

I could find great uses of the first one........
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    I love both of them. Something new and different...and the detail on them is a good thing.

Bender902 :yup:
  • intamin101%s's Photo
    I actually think that the brick path could be used very well. It would be great for a dark gloomy London-looking park. It looks like Coblestone almost, and if used correctly would look great. Good job.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The first one actually looks pretty good. I can see what people are saying about how paths shouldn't be too busy looking but I think there's a place for more detailed path textures. It's nice to atleast have the option anyway. The second screen might look good if used on something other than grass but it seems like the edges don't quite line up. I can see the black grid line through it and it looks kinda odd. If you fixed that somehow I think somebody will find a use for it. If you're making more paths, I think a dark wooden dock texture would be very useful.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    1.Like civilization path
    2. Black ship
  • Ryanb122%s's Photo
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH intamin why do u have something from TN over here!!!!!

i like both i of them

ryan :l33t:
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo

Actually, if used right I think both of these would be quite nice looking. I would however try and make the bricks on the brick path red....... that might look nice.

All of these textures are not walls or rooves...they are textures that come from an architect program that I have...

Butterfinger: I am working on a red brick path...having more trouble with that but might get one eventually...

Here is just an in-game screen of the brick path...perfect for dark themes IMO...
    Posted Image

Coaster Ed: Check out my newest topic for a wooden path...
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    i like the second one Austin
  • Madhollander%s's Photo
    i like both of em, they are both used a lot in holland for roads (bricks) and sidewalks, could you make the brick path in a little lighter one to ?, that way i could make stone roads instead of always having to use asphalt.

i like em, good work, i'm happy :)
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

All of these textures are not walls or rooves...they are textures that come from an architect program that I have...

Butterfinger: I am working on a red brick path...having more trouble with that but might get one eventually...

Here is just an in-game screen of the brick path...perfect for dark themes IMO...
    Posted Image

Coaster Ed: Check out my newest topic for a wooden path...

I like the dark paths but I cannot download them from the site :(
  • Blast Coaster%s's Photo
    Nice. I agree that the stone path is the better of the two...

We need a red brick path more like the other wall type though, with smaller bricks, and also a brick path with lighter-colored bricks. And add a realistic-looking concrete path to that list.

But I think I'll find these two useful.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading