Park Wars / Park Wars Info

• Scorchio%s's Photo
    SO...
    What IS Park Wars, and can a useless (actually no) person like me join up?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    What happens in Park Wars is that two members pair up (for this competion the rule was that no two NE parkmakers could work together) and they pick a theme park chain. The goal is to create a theme park, starting small and then adding new sections each month. Rollercoasters and some other types of rides (freefalls, etc.) cost a certain amount of points so you can't just build like crazy. Each month there are points awarded based on polls which decide the best coaster, best park, best fries stall, whatever. You use those points to build more rides and expand. If you run out of points and don't win any more, your park has gone bankrupt and you are out. At the end, whoever has the most points is the winner. That's the basic idea. We're working on improving the rules though. As for joining up, right now it is entirely an RCT1 competetion. It's possible some people will have dropped out by now, but you have to play RCT1 to join. I've suggested adding a division for RCT2 parks in the signup topic. Post there if you want in and if there seems to be enough support for it, and iris approves, we may add an RCT2 division.

Also, anyone can join but you need a partner. And you need to be willing to follow the guidelines (which still aren't finalized yet ??? ). It's not just a straight park building competition like H2H and the various contests. This one is a little more complicated. You also need to advertise for your park and things like that.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Sounds pretty cool. :D
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Just a suggestion, but there should probably be more points rewarded for best coaster, best layout, etc., since I was looking through the previous park wars topics, and found that if you save up all your points and not really build anything, it's possible to become pretty successful.

I remember seeing someone doing that, if I'm correct.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Nic%s's Photo

Just a suggestion, but there should probably be more points rewarded for best coaster, best layout, etc., since I was looking through the previous park wars topics, and found that if you save up all your points and not really build anything, it's possible to become pretty successful.

I remember seeing someone doing that, if I'm correct.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

Seaworld did that.

But we won due to having mantis' amazing themes.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading