News / Top 50--Entire List

• sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Does anybody remember that GregM made the duelers for Legends/ Legends West?
  • Blitz%s's Photo

Does anybody remember that GregM made the duelers for Legends/ Legends West?

... i forget. I'd have to check L/LW again.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Roomie should be a few places higher.

That's my only real qualm.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Um, do we have to keep posting in order to get the next update........?

If so: :spam:

:D
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Roomie should be a few places higher.

That's my only real qualm.

A few!?!?! He should be in the top 10! :X
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I have to say my opinion of Roomie went up a lot after his last spotlight and even more after that great splitting hack in h2h2. He always comes up with innovative ride ideas. Still, I wish he would space everything out a little more. Sometimes there's too many good ideas layered on top of each other so I don't notice them all. His theming doesn't really impress me though. I haven't seen an especially original theme from him. Everyone has their niche and I'd say Roomie is a great ride engineer but would impress me more if he could wrap those rides into some convincing themes.
  • aero21%s's Photo

I haven't seen an especially original theme from him.

I have to disagree, when i think of Roomie his naturalistic style comes to mind. He is one of the only parkmakers that has made a successful run useing the "mountains" look of his parks. His parks were the first to have a sierra forest look that actually seemed realistic and possible.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    Where's the next 10? I want to see if I make the top 30..
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Where's the next 10?  I want to see if I make the top 30..

:lol:
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

you might need a couple more updates for your name to appear ;).
  • Blitz%s's Photo

:lol:

;) @ ed
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Um, actually, Chris... Iris showed me the list and, um, sorry, but you didn't make it. At all.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    damn............
  • Blitz%s's Photo

Um, actually, Chris... Iris showed me the list and, um, sorry, but you didn't make it.  At all.

uhhh... i know... im already on it, at 45 or something.
    I was winking to ed about the CONVERSATION we had at six flags.
    ... dont be such a douche, corky, you'll hurt my feelings :'(
  • iris%s's Photo
    30.Posix
    -Best RCT Attribute: Versatility
    -Parks Created:
    1.Raindrop Riviera (NE Spotlight)
    2.Atlas Infinitum (NE Runner-Up)
    3.Anuradhapura (H2H2)
    -First ever Member-Voted Parkmaker
    Posix is definitely a one of a kind parkmaker. When I said his best RCT attribute was versatility, I meant that Posix can build parks in any of the three known styles at New Element. First, Posix has proven that he can work in the "NE Style", as can be seen perfectly with his park "Atlas Infinitum" and the aforementioned H2H2. He has also built parks in the new-age fantasy style of parkmaking (if you've seen his upcoming NSpheres Empire park, you know what I'm talking about) and Horstmann Labratories. And, he's shown he can build in the classic realistic style of parkmaking, which include examples Raindrop Riviera, his areas in 5HiNE, and his Hi-Rollers entry. I'm not sure I've ever seen a parkmaker who can so easily go from style to style, and that's the reason Posix is ranked so high on my list.

29.Magnus Polyspaton aka Urban Shakedown aka VHS
    -Best RCT Attribute: Cool Ass Parks
    -Parks Created:
    1.Grovelands Bay
    2.Adrenaline Mountain
    -Still makes guest appearances in Gutterflower aka roomraider parks.
    Magnus Polyspaton is one of my personal favorite parkmakers. He never was really elevated to superstar status around the community, and always seemed a few steps behind the legend, but he was always looming towards the front of the pack. His ideas were unmatched, and his coaster design was as good as anybody (obvious why he is now friends with roomraider). He invented so many ideas still used with Grovelands Bay, still one of the all-time most underrated parks in history. Whether he went by the name of Urban Shakedown, Magnus, or even VHS for his release of GB, Magnus always made an imprint.

28.Glitchey
    -Best RCT Attribute: Theming
    -Parks Created:
    1.Universal's Lost Continent (Danimation Spotlight)
    2.Universal's America (Danimation Runner-Up)
    -Only created 2 parks, but released three updated versions of Lost Continent.
    Glitchey was a "fun" parkmaker. He really threw out all the conventional rules that people are supposed to follow when making parks. He'll make 5 B&M's in one park and never think twice of it. He'll also try out some really crazy ideas, ideas that most people would be too scared to actually put in a park. Still, Glitchey ended up making some of the most enjoyable parks I've ever seen. Really made huge advances when it comes to theming, and although his parks weren't for everyone, I was his biggest fan for a while back in the day.

27.Bokti aka Harakiri
    -Best RCT Attribute: Atmosphere
    -Parks Created:
    1.Harakiri's Islands of Adventure (NE Spotlight)
    2.Oceania Theme Park (NE Runner-Up)
    3.Lake Laramie (NE Runner-Up)
    -Considers his best park his first NE release, Lake Laramie
    Bokti (barring an identity crisis) is known through NE primarily for the three parks he released here. Starting with Lake Laramie, which featured an amazing Redskin Ridge themed area, which invented a whole theming type and featured the "Crazy Horse" woody, one of the all time greats. From there he went to Oceania, and then finally won his first NE Spotlight with Harakiri's IOA. He has also released several other things at New Element, whether it be one of his many H2H parks, his Pearl Harbor Legends Challenge entry, or the start of TyLine California in Park Wars with Ty.

26.Segaman75
    -Best RCT Attribute: Mix of Realism & Fantasy
    -Parks Created
    1.Dunsmuir
    2.Marineland Africa, USA
    3.Heroes Theme Park (RCPRo Spotlight)
    -Worked at Disney World before moving back to California.
    Segaman had been known as one of the great RCT realistic park makers, and finally after what seemed to be over a year, he expanded his horizons to fantasy parkmaking, and the result was a smash success. Although Segaman never really won any major awards at NE or Danimation, he did capture the RC Pro spotlight, and released his two best works, Dunsmuir and Marineland Africa, USA on the Danimation forums, not even submitting them. Segaman is my all-time favorite realistic parkmaker, and when he adapted his style to fantasy, his style appealed even more to me. He now seems to be flirting with the idea of a WW park, something I'm not so completely opposed to like I used to be.

25.Corkscrewed
    -Best RCT Attribute: Atmosphere
    -Parks Created:
    1.Ville des Lumieres (H2H2)
    2.Meadowbrooke Falls Theme Park (NE Spotlight)
    3.Hampton Park Mega-Resort (Danimation Spotlight)
    -One of the premier RCT2 parkmakers at New Element. Dropped a potential #1 park in Crestland Heights to play RCT2 instead.
    Corkscrewed is definitely one of the more hit or miss parkmakers out there. His unique style of parkmaking isn't for everybody, although his RCT2 work seems to have captured everyone's attention. He was very good in LL, creating parks like Meadowbrooke Falls, Hampton Park Mega Resort, Pinnacle Point, and Snowflake Summit, but is in the top five parkmakers at New Element when it comes to RCT2 (along with Foozy, Toon, SA, and Pyro imo, in no particular order). The great thing about Cork's parks are the effort he puts into the whole experience. Advertising campaigns are always the best out there, great readme's, attention to detail, and the park itself just has a very engulfing atmosphere, making RCT2 absolutely perfect for his style of parkmaking. I'm sure after his blockbuster Walt Disney Escape (if ever) gets released, he will probbaly move up on this List, but his released park catalog is holding him back at this point.

24.Duke02
    -Best RCT Attribute: Coasters
    -Parks Created:
    1.Sierra Falls (Danimation Spotlight)
    2.Lost Worlds (Danimation Spotlight)
    3.World Expo
    -Joined New Element under the alias "colby", but has since disappeared.
    Of all the classic Danimation spotlight parks, Duke02's Sierra Falls always seems to stick out as one of the defining parks in Dnet history. Not sure why exactly, but the mix of great, intimidating coasters, never before used ideas (that are still being used to this day), and the invention of several themes that are now mainstays in parkmaking, all added up for one of the greatest parks of all time. Lost Worlds was a much less impressive park in my opinion, but still garnished the Dnet Spotlight, due to its incredible coasters and jungle-landscaping. His double map "World Expo" park is possibly my favorite of the trio, but never released nearly as much publicity as the other two. Duke02 also sent out about 5 unreleased LL parks he had made, all extremely enjoyable, and has now seemingly delved into the world of RCT2, with the many screens he posted under the "colby" name. If he returns and ever finishes those parks, is another story.

23.Foozycoaster
    -Best RCT Attribute: The Best RCT2 Parkmaker
    -Parks Created:
    1.Ville des Lumieres (H2H2)
    2.Visions Amusement Park (NE Spotlight)
    3.Paramount's Sunshine Coast
    -Was in construction of "Future Chernobyl", an amazing RCT2 Hi-Rollers entry until he broke his leg.
    A lot of people may question why The Foozmeister is so high on this list, but if the people had seen what I've seen, they most definitely wouldn't. Ville des Lumieres is still to this day the best RCT2 released work I've seen, capturing the French atmosphere beautifully, with excellent architecture, creative coasters, and amazing theming. Future Chernobyl looked like a lock to win the Hi-Rollers contest, but luckily for everyone else, he pulled out. He's still working though, now creating H2H2 parks and brainstorming for future ideas. His LL catalog is short, but impressive. He won one of the first ever (3rd all time) NE Spotlights with the traditional Visions Amusement Park, proving he can build woodies like nobody's business, and then proceeded to release Paramount Sunshine Coast, proving he can merge like nobody's business. Just wait till he releases a RCT2 park...

22.mantis
    -Best RCT Attribute: Color-Use
    -Parks Created:
    1.Tioman Island (RC Pro Spotlight)
    2.Entropy (NE's Florencia Valley)
    3.Europa Worldwide (Park Wars Winner)
    -Won NE Parkmaker of the Year without ever releasing a full park at New Element
    mantis is proof that fantasy parkmaking has made a triumphant return to New Element. Not since Nevis left (with the occasional glimpses of Mala and roomie) has fantasy parkmaking been so much fun. While the parks he's actually released are really not up to par with his achievements in RCT, his upcoming work is already some of the most famous in NE history. "WOMB", the park that highlights different bands that mantis listens to is one of the most anticipated parks ever, and really proves just how amazing fantasy parkmaking can be. Mantis has mastered the use of the color tray though, as can be seen perfectly in the Bingo Bango area of WOMB, and also in Europa, his area in LOS, and Entropy. The coasters are crazy, the architecture is beautiful, and the hacks/theming he makes are really some of the best I've ever seen. Why else would he have just beaten everybody and won NE Parkmaker of the Year?

21.Sirspud
    -Best RCT Attribute: Longevity
    -Parks Created:
    1.Thornhill Groves (NE Runner-Up)
    2.Adventure World (Danimation Spotlight)
    3.Enchanted Towers
    -Made a brief return to RCT with the release of Thornhill Groves, and the start of a BGT recreation.
    For most newcomers here at New Element, you're probably wondering who the hell Sirspud is, and why he's ranked above greats like mantis, Foozy, & Cork. For those that were around during Sirspud's glory days, this is probably a bit more appropriate. One of the all time great parkmakers in my opinion, who just released what seemed to be classic park after classic park after classic park. With parks like Goldwood, Enchanted Towers, Lost Kingdoms, Thornhill Groves, and Adventure World (about half the great parks he released), they each were excellent in their own way. He's won awards for his parkmaking, and is definitely one of the most respected classic parkmakers, at least in my book. If you really want to apprecaite parkmaking back in the Dnet days, Sirspud's parks would be a perfect place to look.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Interesting list. I can't wait to see where I am in the top 20.

I forgot all about sirspud. How grand.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I'm happy to see Magnus up their.

Though i'm surprised at a few of the lower rankings for fooz
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I like the list, but the best parkmaker of all time, undeniably:

JoeH or SA. Just for their affect on the game, but im sure theyll be top 10. But yeah I like the list so far.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    My favoritist two parkmakers will make the top 20....[Nate/Nevis]...
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    I like the list a lot so far Iris. I definately agree with pretty much all of it, and if I don't its just a minor few things switched around.

One of the parkmakers who needs to be in at least the top 20 or 15 is Liquid Crash. He definately deserves it, but I have a feeling he will be overlooked. I believe that Joe Holland, Liquid Crash, and SACoasterfreak pioneered RCT. Hopefully they all see a spot on the upcoming remainder of the list.

BTW, what the hell happened to Pawn? I know he retired, but I thought he was gonna stay in the community? He is perhaps one of my fav park makers ever. Does anyone talk to him or know if he still lurks the boards?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading