News / Hi-Rollers Extention

• iris%s's Photo
    Welcome back everybody! That "following preview" ended up murdering our bandwith, and the site went under for a couple days. We're back now, and we've learned from our mistakes. Some pretty interesting things have happened in the few short days NE has been down, including the return of one of the most popular RCT sites of all time, RCT Station. Also, the Hi-Rollers deadline came and went (August 31), but I came to a decision:
    Since NE was down for three days, the new deadline is going to be Wednesday at midnight.
    We have almost 20 entries now, so if anyone wants to kick it into gear, go right ahead.
    We have a panel of judges, perfectly picked, still unknown to you of course.

Get those entries in!
    iris2486@bellsouth.net

Anyways, welcome back to New Element. We won't do that to you ever again ;)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Good for the site and good to see 20 entries in.

Hopefully there will be other contests after this one if people can get some more entries in :yup:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Is there some other way of using the adverts? Could someone else host them? (I have hosting but I dunno if it would be enough...)

Anyway, I started, then gave up because I was never going to make it. Whether i'll make it for Wednesday night remains to be seen. We'll see. I doubt i'd win anyway (rushing really doesn't do wonders for the end product :()

Nice to see NE back, btw :)
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Good to see NE back (I love this site wouldn't know what to do with out it :))

and its good to here there is 20 entires to Hi-rollers and I can't wait to see all the entires.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    20 entries? Awwwwwww there go all my chances of placing in the top 15
  • BigFoot%s's Photo

20 entries?  Awwwwwww there go all my chances of placing in the top 15

egh, my chances of placing in the top 19.

iris could always ask rct2.com to host them, god knows they don't have a surplus of downloads. ;)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Im guessing the top 10 or something mite only get hosted due to bandwith...im not sure..

But below that could just release them afterwards..

hopefully all will be though
  • John%s's Photo
    *So* happy NE is back! The debate over at RCT2.com got stale when the bandwagon joined in.

I will possibly be able to pull something of importance together by Wednesday... possibly... lol... not really counting on anything though.
  • jhoffa%s's Photo

Welcome back everybody! That "following preview" ended up murdering our bandwith, and the site went under for a couple days. We're back now, and we've learned from our mistakes. Some pretty interesting things have happened in the few short days NE has been down, including the return of one of the most popular RCT sites of all time, RCT Station. Also, the Hi-Rollers deadline came and went (August 31), but I came to a decision:
    Since NE was down for three days, the new deadline is going to be Wednesday at midnight.
    We have almost 20 entries now, so if anyone wants to kick it into gear, go right ahead.
    We have a panel of judges, perfectly picked, still unknown to you of course.

Get those entries in!
    iris2486@bellsouth.net

Anyways, welcome back to New Element. We won't do that to you ever again ;)

I think you should ask around if someone could mirror any of the bigger files.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Good to see NE back up and Hi Rollers going strong! It's a shame I can't finish my (pitiful) entry, but I'm not very inspired right now. :D

On the topic of bandwith, me and John were discussing last night the idea of an NE hub on Direct Connect. It would be a good place to share parks (and previews like "Area 52"!), MP3s, movies, and that kind of stuff among only NE members. Not to mention the built in chat. All we'd need is someone who's willing to keep their computer on all day (there must be one person in the hub at all times) and of course content. Please think about it. :D

Also, will there be DFK runner-ups? (hopes for MU)
  • iris%s's Photo
    Don't worry guys.
    We don't have bandwith problems. The commercials are the only thing of concern, and we'll find a way around that too.
  • Micool%s's Photo

It's a shame I can't finish my (pitiful) entry, but I'm not very inspired right now. :D

I don't think you understand. Fill in the rest with water (or trees, I guess) and send it in.

Quantity over quality. B)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Exactly. Just get them in so NE can claim to be the only site ever to give out money... unless someone did before...
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    dude, build a coaster, unthemed, unstationed, and send it in. Anyone. That way, we can get to the 30 entries. Nothing was ever said about 30 goood entries, but 30 entries.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    20 entries is much more than I ever expected.

As for the vids... I'll try to encode them better. ;) I know I can get a 3 meg file that's sorta good, and a 6 meg file that I haven't tested for quality. That's still better than 20 megs a vid. ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Damn! I needed that extension.

Finished at midnight my time, which I think is before midnight EST *crosses fingers*

Hooray for me!
  • Critic%s's Photo

Damn! I needed that extension.

Finished at midnight my time, which I think is before midnight EST *crosses fingers*

Hooray for me!

It's about... ehh.. 4 or 5 hours ahead.

I'm not going to bea able to make the deadline, as I am very busy.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading