Custom Scenery Exchange / Just some wood stuff

• Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    Check here for my latest project. This is only a preview and not available for download yet.

Comments are appreciated.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    the green stuff is nice, but the others don´t especially look useful to me.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

As The Evil One said, the tropical theming looks cool, and the concept for Project 1 is awesome, but the wood looks meh so far.

Good luck mking those curved rooftops...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I have a suggestion. I can't tell from the pics whether the walls are supposed to be wood planks or logs, but I would suggest you play around with the contrast on each individual strip. Depending on how you gradiate the colours, you should be able to get a much more 3-d looking texture on the walls which should make the objects better. The real key is to make the objects look textured and not just like a flat wall painted to look like wook planks.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ah... the custom scenery god has spoken. Heed his advice, young padawan, and you may succeed.

The wooden pieces actually look pretty nice, though they appear a bit faded and off of the RCT style (as in they don't match the RCT graphics). They look too sanded, I believe.
  • Physco%s's Photo

Ah... the custom scenery god has spoken. Heed his advice, young padawan, and you may succeed.

:lol:
    Very nice looking, just a little flat and faded.
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    Yeah, the preview screen is faded compared to the original screen shot. I haven't had that happen before on conversion to .png. The screen shot from the game is darker and does have more contrast than the preview pic.
    As for them looking flat, uncontrasted, no texture, I don't know if that is a result of the preview pic being washed out or not. The original starting point is the wooden land sides in the game, so that will give you an indication of its true coloring.

As for what the wall actually is, it's part of the game, so I assume that it's wooden planks, but that's subject to interpretation.
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    Just to let you know, I've released my Wood Shop object group. It's available here at RCT Depot. You must be an RCT Depot member to view the topic. It will be available to non-members next Friday.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading