Ask the Experts / landscaping

• jon%s's Photo
    I'm tryin to start a new RCT2 Park but i know that I have to do the landscaping first, im just not sure how you guys make a landscape look good. I add lake mountains, seas and trees abut it still looks really crappy, any ideas

thanx
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Personally, I dont do anything. I smack down an entrance at the middle of the map's edge and start building. As I go I will work in water and other such things in order to make the park flow and look all pretty but I dont go out and make landforms ahead of anything else. I prefer to adapt the landscape to what I have built than have to adapt my ideas to the landscape.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

Personally, I dont do anything. I smack down an entrance at the middle of the map's edge and start building. As I go I will work in water and other such things in order to make the park flow and look all pretty but I dont go out and make landforms ahead of anything else. I prefer to adapt the landscape to what I have built than have to adapt my ideas to the landscape.

"Thoughts echoed"
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    I usually just tile out the water area first, and have the rest flat land.
    In the end though, the original water area ends up looking much different than how it was layed. I just continuously evolve the landscape to flow with the ideas that I put into the map, and to fit with the different themed areas.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading