Ask the Experts / Color/ColourS!

• Marshy%s's Photo
    I need help with colour selection.....and wall textures..which colour combinations look good? Which walla textures look good, which types of wall look good?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Obviously it depends on your theme. I think it's always important to try for something unique, no matter how many times a theme has been done before...

Some colours naturally go together in a theme (green+orange=jungle, blue+gold=atlantis, magenta+dark blue=horror etc etc), but if you have just a general theme then go for things that look nice. Play around with it.

I'm not big on rct2 scenery, so I don't know all the options available...but I think there are some rules. For example, brown castle walls DON'T go with black wooden walls, tan roofs DON'T go with grey walls...maybe have a test map and play around with colour schemes.

And finally, once you've got a scheme, try and stick with it. I hate seeing parks where an area starts off with, say, bone walls, but by the other end all the person's using are wooden walls. It ruins the overall effect IMO

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading