Music Forum / Music Suggestions

• Drew%s's Photo
    Hey. I'm in need of some new music, as I'm tired of what I'm listening to. I am open to any kind of music except for country and rap, although, I can stand some rap. So, if you have an suggestions of anyone, could you please name them, possibly with a song as well so I could here what they're like...

Thanks. :scarface:
  • Adix%s's Photo
    System Of A Down
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Thursday - War all the time
    Thrice - The artist in the ambulance
    Billy Talent - Billy Talent
    Finch - What It Is To Burn
    As I Lay Dying (forget the CD name)
    Ash - anything from them
    Five Cent Wish - anything
    Placebo - anything from them
    Treble Charger - Detox & Wide Awake Bored
  • FindingNemo%s's Photo

Thursday - War all the time
    Thrice - The artist in the ambulance
    Billy Talent - Billy Talent
    Finch - What It Is To Burn
    As I Lay Dying (forget the CD name)
    Ash - anything from them
    Five Cent Wish - anything
    Placebo - anything from them
    Treble Charger - Detox & Wide Awake Bored

Holy Crap....Brent didn't say Tatu....Whoa thats a shock!

I saytry techno and 80's rock out, like Aerosmith,Darude,Sash,Rush,El Nino , SilverBlue and more. Short named bands lol.

But if you want a complex name and like Hawiian music go with.

Mark Keali'i Ho Omalo and The Kamehameha school childrens school chorus - songs like "He Mele No Lilo" and more.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Ha! Forgot about them... but I doubt he'd be into them... I'm far more varied in music than most people I know.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    Tool: 'nuff said...
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]jazz piano. it is the greatest thing I've heard in a while.
    this is a great example.
    [/font]
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Odd. Right when I opened the file up, Frasier started.

Anywho, sounds pretty mellow, me likey. How could it be such a small file for such a long song (in comparison)?
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Odd. Right when I opened the file up, Frasier started.

Anywho, sounds pretty mellow, me likey. How could it be such a small file for such a long song (in comparison)?

[font="arial"]well, it's a midi. :yup:[/font]
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I see... mind filling me in with some more info on it. I'm midi-illiterate, or something like that.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]well, the file size of .mid, or .midi format is small, because, it's ... computer compatible... or some shit. I don't know how to explain it. :) I'm a big fan of it, though. heheh.[/font]
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I see said the blind man... who also said if this SFK knows where this blind man might be able to find some club track midi's. B)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    MIDI files are instrumental only. It's basically a computerized version of sheet music. There's a resource of instrument data saved on your soundcard like in a keyboard and the MIDI file just provides a code for which instruments play which notes and when. That is why the file size is so small. Vocal tracks are too complex to be interpreted in MIDI format so either they are left out or the melody is played with some instrument.
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo

Tool: 'nuff said...

You great great man.

How about..........
    Spineshank
    Stabbing Westwood
    Static X
    Superhiest
    Sunk Loto.
    Soulfly
    Sepultura

Shit thats a lot of s bands i like.

:et: Turned :et:

Edited by turned1, 23 September 2003 - 03:26 AM.

• cBass%s's Photo
    I hear these guys are pretty cool. Danny Carey from Tool says they're "really out there"*, although they sound nothing like Tool.

*actual quote

p.s. that link is to my band's website and this post is blatant self promotion.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Get all the kidz bop albums.

And that is all you will need for the rest of your life.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

I hear these guys are pretty cool. Danny Carey from Tool says they're "really out there"*, although they sound nothing like Tool.

*actual quote

p.s. that link is to my band's website and this post is blatant self promotion.

Yea! for shameless self promotion! :D

I like the song...rather mellow at first, yet melodic...then it picks up a bit in the middle/end...

Props to the keyboard guy, the atmosphere isn't complete without that part. :yup:

glissando and neon origami are still my faves though...of the four songs i've heard.

Kai :huey:
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    just listen to what you want!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Get the new Muse album - Absolution. While you're at it, get all their albums.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I'm now going to recommend the same bands I recommend to everyone else every two weeks when these topics come up:

Radiohead (experimental rock)
    Tool (progressive metal)
    A Perfect Circle (alt-metal)
    Beck (fuck if I know)
    Interpol (post-punk)
    Gruvis Malt (jazz-rock-hiphop fusion)
    Guster (indie pop)
    Grandaddy (indie rock)
    Earlimart (indie rock)
    Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks (indie rock)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading