Music Forum / You pick which concert I go to!

• cg?%s's Photo
    Okay, I'm having a bit of difficulty choosing between three concerts - all occurring within such a small period of time (a week or so), I cannot possibly see them all.

Anywho...

October 10th - Interpol (headliner), Elefant (opener). At "The Club" in Orlando, FLA (1 hour, 45 minutes away - at the least). Price: $15 per ticket, $30 total. Lineup rating: 9/10.

October 12th - Raveonettes (headliner), Stellastar*(opener), the Washdown (opener). At "The Twilight" in Tampa, FLA (15 minutes away - at the most). Price: $13 per ticket, $16 total. Lineup rating: 7/10.

October 14th - Walkmen (headliner), Earlimart (opener), Dumbwaiters (opener). At "The Orpheum" in Tampa, FLA (15 minutes away - at the most). $9 per ticket, $18 total. Lineup rating: 5/10.

...so there, everything that is going into these decisions - date, price, distance and the lineup (as well as what I think of the lineup, put into a nifty little ratings system). What do you think?
  • Rage%s's Photo
    option A or..... if you have the money...... fuck it and go all three.
  • cg?%s's Photo

option A or..... if you have the money...... fuck it and go all three.

There is a budgeted $40 a month to spend on concerts, so, that isn't an option. Also - I must add another concert to the list of possibles!

October 11th - Pretty Girls Make Graves (headliner), Cobra High (opener) and the Vexors (opener). At "The Orpheum" in Tampa, FLA (15 minutes away - maximum). $10 per ticket, $20 total. Lineup rating: 6/10

Damn! Oh yeah, some media...

Interpol

Elefant

The Raveonettes

Stellastar*

The Washdown

The Walkmen

Earlimart

...I'll see what I can find for the other bands, media wise.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Interpol. Definitely.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Interpol.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Why is everyone picking Interpol? They're good - but not good enough to receive 100% of the vote. Have any of you heard of the others? Raveonettes? Pretty Girls Make Graves? The Walkmen? Stellastar*? The Washdown? Earlimart?

All great bands - besides, the difficulty to get to and from the concert and its price should be calculated too, don't you think? Thats something you all seem to be ignoring.

Anywho... whatever.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    The Raveonettes fuckin rock.

CHOICE B
  • Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    Pretty Girls Make Graves
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    Pretty Girls Make Graves or Interpol...I missed the October 1st and 2nd shows here in L.A. :(
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    Well considering you rated the choices, I think you pretty much already decided who to go to. I'd go to the two local concerts though.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Raveonettes.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Well considering you rated the choices, I think you pretty much already decided who to go to.

I just rated the lineup - the bands themselves. However, there are a lot of considerations apart from that - as I said, distance, money, venue, etc. Obviously the Interpol/Elefant show has my favorite lineup - but the Raveonettes show is perhaps the best mix of distance, price, venue and lineup.

Still, I don't want to miss Interpol/Elefant! The other two shows just make it even more difficult for me... argh. Hence why I decided to ask you guys.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    I'm waiting to borrow my friend's Interpol CD, and don't have the ability to check the media at the moment, so I don't know what they sound like.

The only other band I really recognize is Earlimart...they sound fine, but I dunno how inspirational of a show they are...kinda like Grandaddy, they're a bit slow for me to really get into...I found at least 4 runs thru the CD is what it took to like it.

I need to go to a show myself...been too long...

Too bad I missed the FOW show for $15 earlier this summer...Tuesday nite just isn't good after work...heh.

Good luck with your decision...

Kai :yup:
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    Raveonettes = Lose.
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    Kaibeuno...listen to "Say Hello to the Angels". I heart that song.
  • Rage%s's Photo

October 11th - Pretty Girls Make Graves (headliner), Cobra High (opener) and the Vexors (opener). At "The Orpheum" in Tampa, FLA (15 minutes away - maximum). $10 per ticket, $20 total. Lineup rating: 6/10

Option D most definatly. Pretty Girls Make Graves are shit hot at the moment, go see :scarface:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could mix and match? Like, a show with Interpol headlining, Pretty Girls Make Graves co-headlining, and then Earlimart opening...wow, I would pay any amount of money for that show, really.

But at any rate, the Interpol show is really far away, and they're touring with no end in sight, so you could probably see them 3 or 4 months from now. So I'd go with Pretty Girls Make Graves, because they tour less, I suppose.

Or decide what show you want to go to yourself. Because that's probably a better idea. Or at least consult your Magic-8 Ball.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I think I'm going to go see both the Raveonettes concert and the Walkmen concert. Interpol actually came by here about 8 months ago, so, I can wait another 8 months - not too big of a deal. And the drive is, well, too long.

As for Pretty Girls Make Graves - I can only see two shows, and I'd most like to see the Raveonettes/Stellastar*/Washdown show while my mother would most like to see the Walkmen/Earlimart/Dumbwaiters show. So, I unfortunitely will have to skip them.

But I'm quite pissed at missing Elephant - my list of favorite Neo-New-Wave bands has them at Number 3 (below Interpol and Radio 4, above the French Kicks and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs).

Now, when the fuck are Radio 4 comming?! Huh? The French Kicks are comming in December though - and I'll be there to greet them.

Just for reference: My Favorite Fake Art-Punk/Post Punk/New Wave bands:

1. Interpol

2. Radio 4

3. Elephant

4. The French Kicks

5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

6. The Strokes

7. The Raveonettes

8. Pretty Girls Make Graves (dropped down here, because I can't stand their new album)

...yes, there are only eight. I'm too good for overly chiched Top 10s! And, why not, I'm bored....

My Favorite REAL Art Punk/Post Punk/New Wave bands:

1. Richard Hell & The Voidoids

2. Television

3. Public Image LTD

4. Velvet Underground (kind of low for the Velvets, huh? I know... I suck.)

5. The Clash

6. Suicide

7. Talking Heads

8. Patti Smith (and her band... obviously.)

...yeah, there you go. Anyways....

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading