RCT Discussion / Ah, someone help. Now.

• Micool%s's Photo
    Please, someone, help me. I would really like to merge a ride - any ride, really, as long as it can be merged with virginia reel track - with a rapids ride. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone?

Mike :blink:
  • crctp%s's Photo
    any coaster can merge, it just might no look good, <_< :rolleyes:
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    do you want the virginia reel track merged with the rapids. ill do it for you. Everything should merge if it doesn't your not doing quick enough.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Are you sure?

Is there a set one that I should do first?
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    When you merge, make sure you put int onto like powered launch mode to 4mph of something
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    make sure the rides are going in the same direction. Also, did u hit begin special build mode before you constructed ANYTHING on both rides? Make sure that they are at the exact same height too ACCORDING TO THE GAME. You can check this by pressing i believe 9 on the keyboard. i might be wrong.. I learned this when trying to merge inverted coasters with regular sitdowns.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Hmm well the thing to remember about rapids track is that it's raised so that whatever you merge it with will be offset by a vertical square. So whatever cars you put on the rapids track will be floating above the virginia reel. Or conversely they will disappear into the rapids. You can use this to your advantage of course...
  • x-sector%s's Photo

Hmm well the thing to remember about rapids track is that it's raised so that whatever you merge it with will be offset by a vertical square. So whatever cars you put on the rapids track will be floating above the virginia reel. Or conversely they will disappear into the rapids. You can use this to your advantage of course...

Just like i have used it to my advantage haha :lol:
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    We all ride in the RCT Submarine, RCT Submarine, RCT Submarine...
  • Micool%s's Photo

Aaaargh!!!

Unfair. NE Potential. Maybe I should go do some work.

Poo.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Shut up right this instant! That is one truly horrific insult too the almighty Beatles, and their fans everywhere.

Ahem...

""Yellow Submarine... and we would march till three in the day to see it there. From 'Land of Goats' to 'Jonah Green' we'd step in duty trail to see his yellow submarine; we love it."

In the town where I was born, lived a man, who sailed to sea, and he told us of his life, in the land of submarines. So we sailed, upto the sun, until we found the sea of green, and we lived beneath the waves, in our yellow submarine.

We all live in our yellow submarine, our yellow submarine, our yellow submarine. We all live in our yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

And our freinds, are all aboard, many more of them, live next door, and the band begins to play...

We all live in our yellow submarine, our yellow submarine, our yellow submarine. We all live in our yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

"Full speed ahead Mr. Parker, full speed ahead."

"Full speed over here sir!"

"Action stations, action stations"

"Aye, aye sir, fire"

"Heaven! Heaven!"

As we live a life of ease, everyone of his, as all he needs, a sky of blue, and sea of green, in our yellow submarine.

We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine. We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine. We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine. We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine..."

...now wasn't that better? Most certainly. Anyways, um, I would try to help you, but firstly, I have no idea what you're trying to do, and secondly, everything I could think of has already been said!

And as GigaForce so frequently says, it isn't very freindly beating a dead horse. Or cow, or donkey, or rat, or pig, or elephant, or me, or you, or this or that, or box, or fox, or train or plane, here or there, or anywhere.

I really love green eggs and ham, I really love them, Sam-I-Am.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Wow...you spam a lot but its interesting
    Good song tho

Anywayz...Micool...did the Merge work?
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Well, frankly, I have yet to do it. I forgot about the special-build-mode-before-building-thing, and I have not erased the ride yet.

P.S. Chauncey, you obviously have not seen my submarine ride yet.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I'm sure for most of you this is nothing new but....
    Did you know you can merge with 'Zero All Clearances' ? Yes, that's true and it's much more simple and..... handy :)
    let me explain...
    the faster ur PC, the more difficult it is..
    Build to tracks together so that they are kissing each other. Now go in window mode and select one of the rails you want to merge into the other. (by right-clicking on it.. you know)
    After that put beast onto the RCT-Window and make sure that 'Zero All Clearances' is over the 'Build' Button.
    Then enable 'Zero All Clearances' and immidiately press on 'Build' but only ONCE!! Keep in mind, to rush this!

The trick is as follows,
    RCT needs some time so set all clearances to zero. While it's doing that you can build the two tracks together and RCT thinks it is one ride after having finished with clearances... blabla

I needed some practice on this but once you got it, it's a delight! ;)

Hope I could help you Micool,

regards,

Posix!

EDIT: ...never forget to restore all clearances ;)
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Dude thats almost the same exact thing as merging...but snce im so used to Merging, im gonna stick with my way...how bout you guys
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Well, it seems easier. I will try that Posix, thanks. :)
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo

Just like i have used it to my advantage haha :lol:

Can you e-mail me the savegame? My e-mail is wpwideman@aol.com

(Yes, I know, cruddy e-mail address, so what?)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading