Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    hacking?....hum, maybe 3 of us had the same idea.......hum
  • iris%s's Photo
    Round 2 has come to an end.
    I'd like to thank Corkscrewed for helping me out with the judging.

Great rapids rides all around, and the top three were all extremely close together, all bringing something different to the table.
    Great job guys and thanks to all who entered: Ice Dragon, rctfreak2000, Kumba, darkfire, VooDoo, and Gymkid Dude.

The winner of this contest is....
    VOODOO
    Welcome VooDoo to the NE Pro Tour.

Kumba and Gymkid Dude came in second and third place respectively with their unique and innovative rapids ride.

1. Neptune Odyssea by VooDoo
    2. Madakumbu Rapids by Kumba
    3. Genetically Mutated Trout Ride by Gymkid Dude

Fort Uity Mining Corp by darkfire
    Kong: The Waterfall Escape by rctfreak2000
    El Ague de Roman by Ice Dragon
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    VooDoos Rapids - It was nice, i liked how the ride was themed but the rapids had to much stright track. it looked a bit like Butterfingers RCT2 work to me, good job. i hate you :'(

Gymkid - WTF? nice hacks but man get some help.

My rapids - I did not rush, i worked all week trying my best and even made 14 yes 14 new objects for this entry

Posted Image

i used hacks all over, for alot of detail i hope you can spot them all, i even did some stuff that is new and is being released for the first time.

I have not seen the others yet but i will edit this post idf i get the chance to.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I opened up Gymkid's first. After ten minutes of it breaking down, I finally finished the ride. The ideas were awesome, and if you had themed this more, you might have won this hands down.

Then I opened up Voodoo's and was blown away. Numerous spelling errors aside, this WAS an odyssey! The little signs and messages were awesome, as were the ideas and use of water scenery. The scope of this overwhelmed me a lot.

Kumba's was my last one, and it surprised me because it was actually pretty good. If it weren't for Voodoo, Kumba would have won this, but nevertheless, his entry was very nice. I loved the anaconda in the water, the spider venom, and such. It was definitely creative. In fact, had it been to the same scale as Voodoo's entry, I would have had a REALLY hard time picking a winner.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Wow Kumba! Nice hacks! Loved the little, confusing hacks the most, like the lost boat. I had also planed to hack a river rapid drop onto the ride, but like I said the Beast packed in on me so I couldnt change the ride setting. The anaconda was cool, but the Teranchela's (sp?) were very funny lil things, loved them. :yup:

Gymkid. Gymkid. Gymkid.
    You let yourself down big syle, If you had themed it, you prolly woulda won. The idea's and hacks were second to non, but it felt as though I was watching a ride from a six flags park. Honestly boi, I think yours would have been better than mine if you had themed it.

Oh and the 7 breakdowns while I was viewing it kind of pissed me off too.

Not looked at the others yet cos' I gotta get off to work. Il check em later.

BTW, thanks to anybody that liked mine, but it could have been so much better If I didnt rush it, and my SOB didnt die on me. (anybody notice the rides being used for music?)
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    YAY

Go voodooo, go voodoo.

Congrats to all of you, i aint looked at them yet But I will =P
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Can some please tell us which are RCT2 and RCT...I'm fed up of downloading RCT2 rides!

*Stargazer*
  • artist%s's Photo
    Well done you guys the entries were amazing.
    Cant wait for the next one now.

~nemesis chris~
  • mantis%s's Photo

Can some please tell us which are RCT2 and RCT...I'm fed up of downloading RCT2 rides!

*Stargazer*

All but the entries from Freak and Darkfire are rct2.
  • theforceofg2003%s's Photo
    When It says 'dark' ride, does that mean like horror and creepy?

foggy ???
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Easily a winner in my eyes. And im glad to see voodoo into the pro tour

great job to the rest also
  • posix%s's Photo
    ~sigh~ Now he's only going to think he was the best at rapids again. Oh well.
    I never knew this thing was already going.
    Are you sure you want to run it all in one thread? How are people supposed to take notice? I didn't :D
    I've actually looked at all the RCT2 hotels and rapids as well! The hotel contest placings were really a tragedy, but oh well.
    As for rapids, I liked darkfire's best since it was really creative and well designed. Can't wait to see new work from you, darkfire.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Congrats voodoo, it's nice to see an RCTUer getting through.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    *views all the rapids..

DarkFire´s park, RCT1, but you seem like a major talent that´s new to the game. Obviously started right from Forest Frontiers (or atleast it looked like it) I´m not so fond of it as Posix, but it was nice none the less.

Ice Dragon´s was nice.. It bored me tho, because it was so much like every other RCT2 park around. Right now tho, i can´t say i´ve seen much better so I could say thumbs up anyway. =D.

Freak´s rapids.. i´m sorry, i missed the point.. this is one of those amazing adventure rides again? This was quite lame in my opinion..

ok.. Gymkid Dude... your rapids were the coolest. I feel that the competition cuts the time so low, it´s not a real competition anymore.. possibly, you mighta won could you have finished it with some spicy detailed theming.

Kumba´s park was very amazing in places. Lovely use of TT archy. The ride itself wasn´t amazing, but it was nice none the less. Some below par landscaping in some places, but the buildings make up for it.

Voodoo´s rapids were nice. The trident was nice, and the beginning archy was nice. The idea´s with the whole adventure mermaid stuff were nice, but i thought the ride as well as the landscaping lacked. Still the one i´d pick as a winner as well.
  • Dixi%s's Photo

[font=tahoma]~sigh~ Now he's only going to think he was the best at rapids again.

Me ? ???
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    he probly ment me, and i was thinking..... voodoo you had the best ride/park so you won fair and square, but i think it would have fit a river ride or a water coaster better. so by that logic i am the best at rapids coz mine had a great rapids feal :D
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    LOL.

I aint bothered reali, a ride is a ride. I can see where your coming from though, consider it an adventure ride with rapids boats. :D The only thing im concerned about is that it got me into the NE Pro Tour.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    it doesnt matter which looked more like a rapids ride

voodoo is thru
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Again I looked at them in reverse order.

El Agua De Roman
    Hmm...I didn't really understand this entry. This was a 'rapids ride' contest, not a 'park which just so happens to have rapids in it' contest. But anyway, looking past that, the architecture was really nice and the landscaping was good. Shame about the rapids being a bit of a 'bonus', but nice park anyway.

Kong
    Hmm...not keen. Nice mountain and all, and nice banner before the drop, but behind all the rocks, trees and hack there wasn't really much here...loads of boring underground meanders, only one real 'rapids' bit and a whole lot of tree-ing.

Fort Uity
    I really liked this. A lot. The hacking was ingenious and the ride kept me interested throughout - especially the way it kept kriss-krossing around and doing funky drops. Really well thought out, and the name was an extra thing that made me smile. Great entry, darkfire - I want to see that park of yours released! :D

Trout Thingy
    Lovely hacking - I really liked the whirlpool idea the best. It's a shame there was that long boring bit between the whirlpool and the boomerang, but I guess you were pressed for time, eh? Good colours, elevation and innovation. Apart from that...well, I guess you know it didn't really seem finished.

Madakumbu
    I liked this a lot. A lot a lot. The little details were brilliant, and I think the foliage in general was top quality. The anaconda/sinking raft/lost rafts/drops were all brilliant touches, and I think in general the ride was fun to watch. Nice custom scenery work, especially the stone walls, and I think the tarantulas were one of the coolest ideas i've seen in any rct2 park. I feel quite sorry for you that you didn't win this contest with an entry of this quality, but such is life. Congratulations - you should be radar-ed up immediately, IMO, cos you're one of the people driving the rct2 community at the moment. (Ooh, almost forgot...those animals feeding on the rotting carcass of bones/blood was another thing I was really impressed with!)

Neptune Odysee
    Oooh! Epic! The colours were my favourite part - especially the dark purple on that sea monster. In general the foliage, textures and form were excellent and the ride had so many 'set pieces' that really made it interesting. I think perhaps this ride was more generic than Kumba, but it has a certain feeling of atmosphere which was perhaps lacking from some parts of Kumba's ride. The two are very close, that's for sure.

I think I would have voted for Kumba on this one, again for reasons that aren't completely obvious (really the same reasons I would give for voting rwadams in the first one) but I'm not going to complain, because Voodoo is indeed a worthy winner and i'm definitely looking forward to what he does in the main event.

Now come on Kumba - you need to win one of these, because I think your presence in this competition would be well worth it.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    after viewing the top three...

GYMKID - I loved the hacks and, I guess it didn't have neough themeingt though. I think its ok to leave brown rocks bare though.

Kumba - I LOVED these rapids. The anaconda was really cool and the spider thing was killer too. The theming was generic Kumba with the 'dull' colors but it served the atmoshpere well I think. The hacks made this ride. I dunno, this one was almost as good as voodoo's, very close.

VOODOO - Awesome. This ride was so vast yet the detail was still there. The landscaping was top notch and the flowers obviously added to the atmosphere so much. My octopuss was better ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading