Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • iris%s's Photo
    VooDoo had the best RAPIDS ride.
    Period.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    lol thanks guys.

I was really excited and had some relaly kickass ideas for mine, so I did suceed in making mine stand out.

Now, I started 2 weeks ago, and had a great start, and unfortunately, it seemed that starting a week ago, someone opened the faucet of school leaking down on my head and wiping away all my free time.

I basically did the entire entry minus the whirlpool and the big mountain starting when i finsiehd my homework last night, at 8 o clock. I "finished" it 20 minutes before the deadline.

Originally, I planned it to have a roman or more detailed theme. Then, I just decided that if I have a couple of the same colors repeated and vary some texture, it is really my only chacne to finish. So, I did.

In conclusion, I'm sorry I didn't get to finish it, and it is indeed a letdown. I view it as more of a success though, because to my knowledge at least, its the first RCT2 dinghized rapids ride, the first waterslide bowl, and the first waterslide boomerang.

Here is a bowl:

http://www.thrillnet...p?postid=375813

And a boomerang:

http://community.web.../75565160ovcBbn

So, please judge what is there, and not what is not there. I, too, wish I could have themed it, but I am glad I sent it in anyways and found 3 hours last night to work on it. I mainly just wanted to share my ideas with you. Which is what this is all about. As was aquazone.

Hopefully next time I come up with a good idea I won't butcher it in order to squeeze it into a contest entry for which I have 6 hours total to work :-).

Thanks. Can't beleive I made the top three?

Voodoo, you'rs kicked ass. I loved how every section ahd something quirky about it to make it seem like another leg of an adventure. Very, dare I say, Disneyish?
  • John%s's Photo
    Congratulations VooDoo! Two of the OtR people here... I see where things are going. ;)

The entries were amazing, very nice competition turnout! I loved both Kumba's and VooDoo's so no "complaints" here. Keep the great work rollin' guys! Can't wait for the next competitions!
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Wow. Just wow.

Gymkid - After watching the ride, my jaw dropped. This is some great stuff. It's just too bad that someone will make it themed and 10Xs better someday and they will get all of the praise for it... :(

Kumba - Classic Kumba here, although his best work yet. Very nice ideas. Although every time I push unpause I get an error trapper, so I cant really just the ride...

VooDoo - This rocked. It's not your best work, but that didn't matter. I didn't care for the octipus thing tho... I just love that theme. Good job.
  • darkfire%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]~sigh~ Now he's only going to think he was the best at rapids again. Oh well.
    I never knew this thing was already going.
    Are you sure you want to run it all in one thread? How are people supposed to take notice? I didn't :D
    I've actually looked at all the RCT2 hotels and rapids as well! The hotel contest placings were really a tragedy, but oh well.
    As for rapids, I liked darkfire's best since it was really creative and well designed. Can't wait to see new work from you, darkfire.[/font]

Wow, thanks Posix I really appreciate that. It is very difficult to compare LL and RCT2 parks, and you of all people are always there to offer a completely unbiased opinion between the two games and could never be accused of preferring a ride/park just because of it were in LL, now could you. So I'm sure that were the case here, as ever. ;)
    But seriously I'm really glad that Fort Uity Mine was you favourite, and that my work was genuinely appreciated.

WME~

Major Talent

*blushes*
    Thanks for taking the time to view my ride and for the ego boost. :D

Mantis~ I'm very happy to see someone taking a genuine interest in my work and thanks for the comments, greatly appreciated.

<darkfire>
  • John%s's Photo

It is very difficult to compare LL and RCT2 parks, and you of all people are always there to offer a completely unbiased opinion between the two games and could never be accused of preferring a ride/park just because of it were in LL, now could you.

Posix unbiased? "RCT1's Die-hard Traditionalist" screams unbiased to me, not sure about you? ;)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    John - you need to take your sarcasm detector to the garage, I think it's broken.

:D
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ok i just looked at the other entrys...

Ice Dragon - nothing new, just a good/ok rct2 park and a nice rapids, i liked that waterfalls and scenery used, but aside from that it was a bit dull.

Freak - I was very disapointed. i dont know how you could send that in a week ago, i would have worked on it alot more and even added a RAPIDS ride to it, the only good thing in this park was the landscapeing and a few of the hacks were nice.

DarkFire - Best track hacking of the round, i loved the layout, but other then that you did not have much at all, the landscaping, archy and theme were poor. altho i did like the mine shaft, great idea.

------
    comment replys........

VooDoo - Im glad you were confused, that wall slanting hack is something i have never seen anyone but me do, i think it helped TTs wooden rooves look better. oh and be careful coz your spelling is starting to rival mine as the worst here.

Evil WME - you seen to have very very high landscaping standerds, i think voodoo' was awsome and mine was good to?

Iris - I never said my entry was better then voodoos, infact if i was the judge i would have picked voodoos to, but yeah mainly for its shear scale.

Mantis - thank you, im glad you liked it so much, you know i have enterd 8 contests and came in second 7 times and never won, its good to see you think i should have. :)

Titan - I have no clue why you are getting erorrs i had none and you are the first i heard about them from.

thanx for all the replys good or bad.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    i, too, got an error trapper for Kumba's.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Wow, some great entries. Freak's bored me, sorry man, but you can do way better. darkfire's was awesome! Yes, it lacked in certain places (tree selection, mountain tooled) but the ride itself and some of the creative theming ideas were top notch. The use of steel coaster track to eliminate slight glitches in corner rapid pieces and allow wide turns was something I've been trying to do, but I gave up due to it going uberslow over some parts of the ride. Besides, this is way better. Lots of great hacks and a lot more. Also, I'm tired of all these people (99% of which are pure RCT2ers, not to stereotype...) that think an RCT creation is only good if it's completely loaded with architecture. gymkid's too was in the same vain as dark's. Lacked some parts in theming (it wasn't done for God's sake!) but creative hacks and a VERY interesting ride. However, out of all the entries I've looked at so far, Voodoo's impressed me the most. The theming was pure and flawless. Traditional, but pulled off the Roman theme very well. My rankings:

Hotels:
    1. dean
    2. John
    3. Micool
    4. rwadams
    5. Outlaw
    6. RCTNW

Rapids:
    1. Voodoo
    2. darkfire
    3. gymkid
    4. Freak
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    I loved Kumba's. I thought is was much better than VooDoos. It was a very orignal idea wiht some great hacks. VooDoo's jsut seemed like it had been done many times before. Way to go everybody, but I think Kumba's was the best.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Good entries for this one. Sheesh. The quality at NE surprises me yet again.

darkfire and gymkid's were both VERY uber-creative, I'm surprised that gymkid wasn't placed higher. darkfire is not a surprise due to the lack of theming and archy..but the idea and creativeness is definetely there.

Kumba's annoyed me. it was very good, but was so repetitive in the theming and archy area. The rapids themselves were actually very good, I'd give you SOME bragging rights there..but the atmosphere lacked.

Ice Dragon: umm..i have no idea how to put this into words. It was weird. There. Discussion over.

VooDoo: incredible. Definetely the best entry quality and rapids wise. The atmosphere is of course alive and well, and the theming is very good. What really surprised me is your landscaping ability, which I found to be pleasantly jaw-dropping. Nothing like mantis and RR, but still very good considering RCT2. Great job.

Freak: Yours was an adventure ride. Simply put. Move on and make something cool. Really. It was boring and almost mirrored the theming from Xanfia and Exile. Wow. Sorry for the bluntness, but I didn't really enjoy this at all.

My List For Rapids:
    1. VooDoo
    2. gymkid
    3. Kumba
    4. darkfire
    5. Freak
    6. Ice Dragon
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    yay i got Kumba's to work!

I just had to keep it paused.

Honestly, I wasn't that big of a fan. It was boring. Nothing jumped out. The architecture was pretty detailed, and the snake was "cool", but it was just meh. Howevers, at least yours is themed/finished :-).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    thats werid ? i had no trapper erorrs at all when i made it. and its got alot of things you need to see in real time to aperciate tho, like animated stuff and subtle hacks.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I got the error with Kumba's ride too... However, when opening it with my notebook, it was fine...weird...
    Anywayz,

1. Kumba; Nice hacks, some innovative ideas (the snake) but maybe some buildings placed with the ride could have made it better...Overall a great entry! The best IMO

2. VooDoo; Great ride, more an adventure ride, but that helped to create a nice atmosphere.... The water hacks were the coolest. The 2nd one imo...

3. Ice Dragon; Yeah, it was more a park with a rapids ride in it. However I think this entry is a bit underrated. The ride was well executed and and the architecture was fine...

4. Gymkid; hmmm...not my favorite, but certainly different than the 'usual' rapid ride. Therefore quite unique, and all the hacks made it look good...

Since I don't have rct1 on my computer I wasn't able to look at the other (rct1) entries...

SF
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    i bet the problem is the rides in "hack modes" im gona close them and save the game without them operateing, so if anyones haveing a problem just PM me with your e-mail and i will send you it.

sorry if its not working.

and if you cant see the park and are not sure if you want to DL it here are 2 screens

Spiders!

Anaconda!
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    Another great round...these contests are great!

I have to admit I liked Voodoo's the best too...sorry Kumba...another second place for you :'(
    I think the only reason people are having error trapper problems with Kumba's is because of the new scenery he put in there.....just open the park a second time and it should open...no problem...it did for me anyway....

I think Kumba did a great job on his though and a lot of really cool extras...loved those tarantulas...

Gymkid....some great ideas in that one....you need to finish theming that up and make a mini park out of it or something...

I liked Ice Dragon's little roman park too but as others have said...the focus should have been more on the rapids and not the park.

Not too thrilled with Freaks but darkfire's was very nice indeed.

Can't wait to see next week's entries.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    WHAT THE FUCK IRIS!? I didn't send you that piece of shit! Who the hell made that? Mine was called Gibaldi Point.

I'm serious here. Why would you post something I didn't even create? I've never even seen that before! I'm really pissed off.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Shit, my bad.
    That's not rctfreak's.
    I'll post his tonight, but the judging was still correct, I just uploaded the wrong file.

Take it easy there killer.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    http://forums.nedesi...st=0#entry98752

^Saved you the trouble...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading