Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    cBass1 and cBass2 joint win!? SWEET! I'm downloading now.

I love it, I love it, I love it. Just the idea... cBass is awasome. In the main round: I am so dead.

John, Voodoo, cBass... Good bye cruel world ;) .

ride6
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Unlucky leighx and well done to cbass for drawing first place.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    That is easily the best idea in RCT I have ever seen, cBass. The idea is so fucking amazing, and carried out perfectly, that it almost overshadows Phatage's entry.(ALMOST)

I can't say enough of how amazing the scenery and theming are, but as for the coaster, bleh. All I'm going to say is, the ride layout itself was top notch, but it didn't fit the area at all, IMO.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    cBass: WTF? How'd you switch the landsape? I think i know how you did it, you use the 8 cars load landscape bmp? Well lovely entry and i like how it looked space like. Your entry came so close, about this close
    [ ] to beating Phatage. The whole thing was carried out perfectly and had a fitting atmosphere.

Pbob: Good but it needed some more themeing to it. Good but i wasn't impressed with it.

Leigx: A little small but very colorful. :)

Way to go Phatage, i mean cBass 2 ;) and cBass! :)

cBass and cBass 2(Phatage) FOR PARKMAKERS! :D
  • sloB%s's Photo
    God, rctfan...

He made, or had someone make for him, some custom scenery. It was a plain flat landscape with flat pieces that looked like stars and black deep space, etc. Pretty simple once you see it, but so innovative. I love it.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

God, rctfan...

He made, or had someone make for him, some custom scenery. It was a plain flat landscape with flat pieces that looked like stars and black deep space, etc. Pretty simple once you see it, but so innovative. I love it.

I just figured that out. :|''''
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Two words: simply amazing.

Phatage: there were a few rough spots on your entry, but overall it was a worthy winner and one of the best of the PT so far. The hacks were amazing, and so was some of the alien architecture. I have no idea how you got half of these hacks to work, but I congratulate you. (I can't wait to see how pissed off Kumba will be for losing his RCT2 hacking title)

cBass: I have two more words: thank you! Seriously, this showed just how innovative an RCT player can be. The scenery you created is great, and should be very useful for me. Great job!
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Whew, I didn't stay up all night for nothing after all!

Thank you Iris.

The idea for this park is one that I've had for a while now, and I was planning to use it on my next solo. But after Iris' plea for more entries from "big name non-parkmakers" last week I decided to oblige and do a slightly scaled-down and modified version of it for the Pro Tour.

So I made my three custom scenery pieces (my first) during work on Thursday, designed the coaster on Friday night, and spent all of Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning (with about 6 hours of sleep throughout) building the park.

The starfield -- which I did last -- turned out to be even more tedious than I had imagined. Consider that my 137x137 map made for 18,769 squares to completely cover. It took several hours of constant clicking. My hand hurts.

sloB, thanks for noticing the layout. Given the criticism I've gotten for my coasters in the past, I wanted to make this layout more realistic, even if the setting was anything but realistic. So I borrowed the inversion sequence directly from Superman / la Atracción de Acero at Warner Bros. Movie World in Spain. I see what you're saying about it not fitting the area, but that was kind of my point. The coaster itself became the "alien", invading the sterile, symmetrical space station environment and wrapping its looping tentacles around the defenseless outpost.

But still, that's probably the last time I'll ever use the coaster editor.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Holy Sh*passes out*

cBass- My god! I expected a RCT entry and what you showed looked like something straight out of Star Wars or Star Trek. Simply amazing. The coaster didn't fit perfectly but the name "infestation" makes it seem good enough. Your (coaster) layout skills have improved greatly since Wisconsin.

Phatage- I don't know what to say... You absolutly killed Kumba in the hacking, you nearly met cBass in creative exicution and you made everyone look downright stupid in the storyline department. The hacks though... I have no fucking clue as to how you did that. The flying observation tower thing, the trackless stuff, the lack of stations on the "Atom thingy"... I wish I knew how you did it.

They both disirve the win... Phatage built a very in your face, kick ass ride, loaded with hacks, creativity and pure mahem. cBass's entry is FAR more subital (sp?). It is stunning in the "space" effect and the station looks like Deep Space Nine was pulled right out of the Star Trek series and was placed here for retirement. Beautiful...

ride6

I am completly dead in the main round.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Phatage- I don't know what to say...  You absolutly killed Kumba in the hacking,.

Dam right he did, but im on to that hack....*hands over RCT2 hacking crown*
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    *Bows to Phatage the almighty Rct 2 hacking king.*
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    *Hopes to build up skill to be hacking king*
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I just looked at Phatage's entry.

Oh dear... :OMG:

EDIT: Just looked at CBass' entry. Same reaction.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I can't open Penguin_BOB's entry... it says missing file; TTWOOD... (maybe you've forgot to check the export plugin?)...

cBass' looks great... real inventive with the space tiles to make a universe setting. Very detailed also. Great job and congrats getting in the tour!

Phatage's looks inventive as well, the hacks are very well done and I'm still figuring how you've done the invisible track hack. Sorry Kumba, but he's the hacking king now. Good entry also and congrats 2 you 2.

I'll edit the others in later...

SF
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I'd like to post my opinions on the two winners, but everyone else has already said most of it. So I'll just say... Wow.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    ok here's my thing.

LeighX - cool colours and scariness, but looking past that the coaster layout was weak and there wasn't much to it. Ni

PenguinBOB - cool ideas and I really liked the garden theming round the manor, but the coaster meandered quite a lot. A nice entry.

Loopy - really cool B&M 4D (good to see someone finally make one seeing as kiddo's too lazy *jabs kiddo with thwacking stick*) and the colours were great.

MightyMouse - nice colours, really cool first drop and inversion, and nice explosions/rock fall.

Deano - nice 1/4 tile structures and pretty good coaster layout, but I thought it was too long and the architecture could have been more adventurous...but then again 2 days isn't that long to finish something like that.

Phatage&cBass.

Thankyou for making those things that have kept me occupied for most of the day. First off, Phatage, how the FUCK did you do that floating deck and swinging car? The Atom Crap was brilliant (although I know how to do that one :D) as was the whole ride itself, but those floating things just completely non-plussed me. All the theming was amazing - it's an experience. Love the crop circle thing, love the crater, love the banners. What comes after 3? :p Brilliant. cBass. Fuck. Um, yes. You are weird. See a therapist. Keep making parks. Make many many more. Be rct2's god.

PT comes up trumps. Again. We're all going to be decimated in the final, that's for sure.

oh and phatage - i have to ask this. why are the floating observation deck and surveillance car classified as 'building 1' when you look on their ride windows?
  • cBass%s's Photo

cBass. Fuck.  Um, yes. You are weird.  See a therapist.

Geez, first my friends tell me to see a therapist, then the elves that live under my bed tell me, and now you, Mantis!

I honestly don't see what you all are going on about! ;)X
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Wow.

I opened cbass's first... wow. Wow. Amazing. The coaster was... good, but who cares how good it is when you're constantly in zero-gravity anyways? The architecture is superb... ::downloads Wisconsin::

Phatage must be crazy. :devil:

Great job to both of you! B)
  • Phatage%s's Photo

oh and phatage - i have to ask this. why are the floating observation deck and surveillance car classified as 'building 1' when you look on their ride windows?

shhhhhh ;)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    THE SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!

I still have no clue.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading