Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Fuck.

No Pro Tour for me....

You miss the point Coaster Ed. This wasn't about building a realistic coaster, but a coaster that represented the battle - perhaps you didn't read the readme?

To be honest I'm annoyed... I did explain in the readme what the coaster was about and stuff, it's not that bad anyway, there are hacks and my attention to detail obviously wasn't picked up on... grond as a swinging ship, the great hall, the date etc... ah well, I'll get over it. Shame the results weren't released earlier as now I have no time to enter the videogame round.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Finally rwadams!! You defenitely deserved it with all your entries!
    AustinPowers was entering this one?

I'm going to check them out now, and then edit some comments in...

Congrats rwadams!

SF
  • iris%s's Photo
    deano, no offense dude but the coaster really wasnt good.
    Everything else was very cool, but quite frankly the coaster kind of ruined the experience for me too.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Ok. I admit it wasn't planned as well as it should have been... just looking at Natelox's unfinished stuff since has made me 300000x better at coasters. And I'm gonna give the pro tour one more go... perhaps...
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Yay! Results... good job guys - and well deserved rwadams. Congrats to AP also.. I thought you would have had this one.

Congrats to everyone else.. I'm going to go look at the entries now. ;)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The top 4 were all very detailed and deserving of a win. It was a tough choice, but I had to pick one. RWAdams park impressed me the most because it was the most consistent. Little details like the two level shrubberies and the potted plants really helped a lot and the detail in the architecture is every bit as good as we've come to expect from him. I really liked the detail in The Rock as well and the ride in that one was really good and used the theme well. Darkfire's 2050AD was quite impressive for an LL park. It takes a lot of work to build with coaster pieces like this and part of me wanted to give darkfire first place because of how much work went into this. I really wish you had named the rides though, that would have made it more fun to explore the city. And deano, fourth place doesn't really reflect poorly on your park. It could have been number 1, 2 or 3 it was really close. The detail in the city was really amazing. Building on levels like that takes a lot of skill and I would have liked to give you first place too, but the overall emptyness of the map didn't compare well to RWAdams and AP's maps. Great round all of you, it was a pleasure exploring your parks.
  • artist%s's Photo
    I wasnt really impressed with the entrys i thought deanosrs entry was the best and RWAdams coming second. I didnt really like AP`s much due to the size of it.

But well done RWAdams.

Cant wait to see the entrys next round.

NC
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    The top 4 were definitly the best. The last 3 were kinda.... blah.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I'll go in for the videogame one for the hell of it. I have no chance of winning whatsoever, but it won't do any bad...
  • Toon%s's Photo

Fuck.

No Pro Tour for me....

You miss the point Coaster Ed. This wasn't about building a realistic coaster, but a coaster that represented the battle - perhaps you didn't read the readme?

To be honest I'm annoyed... I did explain in the readme what the coaster was about and stuff, it's not that bad anyway, there are hacks and my attention to detail obviously wasn't picked up on... grond as a swinging ship, the great hall, the date etc... ah well, I'll get over it. Shame the results weren't released earlier as now I have no time to enter the videogame round.

Poor sport.

Congrats Rog! I'll look at these when I get home.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I've lost in this three times now, quite a few people thought I should have one the hotel entry, and this one... I feel I would have had a better chance had the judging been done on originality and/or recreation of movie... I mean, rwadams deserves to get through but I feel his entry lacked character. Personal opinion... I was dissapointed to lose to Austin Powers' entry as this coaster was also its weak point - look at the ratings. I didn't get pissed when I lost the hotel... but this is the third time now... I'm not a patient person... I'm just expressing my dissapointment. Or is it wrong to be dissapointed?...
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

The top 4 were definitly the best.  The last 3 were kinda.... blah.

I refute that statement. I thought every entry looked good. I think Darkfire's entry was ranked way too high though. I know its hard to make buildings out of coaster parts, but to be honest, I didn't really like them. Also, I thought the coaster was weak. The only thing I really thought was cool, was the landscaping around the city, and the crash in the begining.

On another note, the next contest is coming up so, I plan on entering that one too ;)
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I don't think Austin Powers should have come so high. You can hardly see the coaster, and the hacking really isn't good. Also, the ratings are poor. and it's a wooden wild mouse coaster! Imagine an advert on tv: coming soon... the wooden wild mouse coaster! You can't imagine it. And as for the theming, I really didn't capture it. And who's heard of the film, the Rock? Not saying it's bad or anything... just constructive criticism/
  • iris%s's Photo
    The Rock was a pretty damn famous movie with Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage, and Ed Harris.
    It's not that old dude, what the hell are you talking about?
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I'm english. We don't have some movies that are in the US. For example, Julius Caesar...
  • mantis%s's Photo

I'm english. We don't have some movies that are in the US. For example, Julius Caesar...

Dude, The Rock was huge over here. And it's on TV practically every year.
  • John%s's Photo

No, you're British. Right, mantis? ;)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

I've lost in this three times now, quite a few people thought I should have one the hotel entry, and this one... I feel I would have had a better chance had the judging been done on originality and/or recreation of movie... I mean, rwadams deserves to get through but I feel his entry lacked character. Personal opinion... I was dissapointed to lose to Austin Powers' entry as this coaster was also its weak point - look at the ratings. I didn't get pissed when I lost the hotel... but this is the third time now... I'm not a patient person... I'm just expressing my dissapointment. Or is it wrong to be dissapointed?...

There's a fine line between disappointment and arrogance...
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ what's your point? If you think I'm arrogant say it right out. I merely stated facts and my opinion. I don't want this to be a big deal... I lost, I'm dissapointed, I'll be back. End of story?
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

Dude, The Rock was huge over here. And it's on TV practically every year.

Well I must live in a hole then. It wasn't on tv this year.

And there's nothing wrong with saying your english, by the way. I am English, and British. Choose either. I believe accuracy is important, which is why I call myself English.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading