Ask the Experts / Hmm... a new idea no one ever seen before,

• Koaster_King%s's Photo
    ok...the topic name means i have question to you folks, (I know this isn't any kind of andvertising, but I don't know wich forum i would post this in otherwise) Is a park in greece a bad/good idea or have somebody made one park with greece theme/location?
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Wow! What an amazing idea! 010101!!10101!!!

Ask the experts is probably a better forum for this.... what are you advertising?
  • Koaster_King%s's Photo
    ok, deanosrs, but does only the experts know wether this is a good idea or not? im not saying it might win "the best idea in this millenium" award, but I did just want to know if it is an old idea or if it could be interesting.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    My suggestion to you would be to go into RCT and try and build it. You will soon find out if it's a good idea or not.

For the future... this probably isn't the best time to talk about your idea. Get some screens, get a park name, and then post.
  • Koaster_King%s's Photo
    ok. ok. :!!: ill try! woooow. ok. i'll shut. woow. ok. a name and some screens then. ok. a new topic in about a month with info and screens. ok. :!!: ill shut.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

:!!: ill shut.

Please do.
  • John%s's Photo

ok. ok. ok. ok. ok. ok.

And Greece HAS been a bit overdone, but if you can do something original, then's it's a new idea never seen before... otherwise, its just another Greece themed park.
  • Koaster_King%s's Photo

And Greece HAS been a bit overdone, but if you can do something original, then's it's a new idea never seen before... otherwise, its just another Greece themed park.

That was what I wanted to know. well, I will try to do something original.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Greek theming is cool to do - i've seen so many different interpretations of it that it never seems to get that old. It's good to see it in the middle of all this roman theming going on - it's grubbier, less red, more blues/greys...

I've tried it out, and it's fun to do. Follow your heart *sappy moment*
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Howabout Petra? Faro? C'mon theres thousands of ancient places people haven't done in RCT. If you want to do a Greek theme, go ahead you probably will not master it though. I made a ride with Athens as one of the themes and it was hard as fuck, but I made it look good, too bad the file is invalid now. Shit, I'd show you it too. I also made a Petra and Faro, and they looked good, really good, they were in the same file. But I think Petra would be kick ass, its one of those themes you make that will look really good, depending on how much time you take on it, or like shit. So.

Yea Boy.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    *looks at greek theme in invitational..
  • mantis%s's Photo
    *looks at greek theme in invitational..
  • Nic%s's Photo
    I attempted a Greek theme in Europa Park Worldwide. I did Rhodes..I don't know if it whats you're aiming for, but heres a download link.... http://www.nedesigns...iles/Europa.zip
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Me and Mick did Greece (Kriti (or Crete).... an island of Greece) in Myths, Legends, & Folklore. It's a nice theme to try and I don't think it's been over used at all.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Er... Greek is only the most popularly-attempted theme ever, Mike. Maybe not as a park, but as a section, definitely.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well if you consider Atlantis to be Greek than yes, Greek is the most overused theme. There are still plenty of concepts left for Greek themes though. I was going to do a Trojan War theme in my NE Invitational. But I never did it and Butterfinger is now the only person to do that theme. A lot of people have done something related to Greece but that's true of many themes and all of them can still be done better. If you're just going to throw in the same vaguely Greek vaguely Roman theming we've all seen before than don't waste your time. If you actually want to put some effort into a Greek theme, and you're passionate about it, than go for it. You can't go wrong. Do a theme that interests you and don't worry about what everyone else is doing. The same can be said for park styles like Disney. If that's what you really want to do, than by all means do it. It will turn out much better than attempting something you don't really care about.
  • Koaster_King%s's Photo
    Ok, good comments, good info. I've found out that I love spanish scenery, so I might change the theme to more spain-like - but i can try to put some greece in it too.

KK :peace:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading