Music Forum / Britney's new song...

• California Coasters%s's Photo
    Hear Britney's new song HERE!

Wow, I really don't know what to think about this. Madonna sucks, good beat, and Britney's voice is computerized... again. What do you think? I "kinda" like it, but kinda "hate" it. I think she wants to be Christina-ish this time.
  • artist%s's Photo
    I really hate this one its sucks big time.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Pop sucks. Listen to rock or rap or something that requires a talent other than being good looking.
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    But I didn't say I 'liked' it. I thought it sucked, then, I didn't know what to think of it.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Wow. Never would I have imagined NE would have sunk to a level this low...
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

But I didn't say I 'liked' it. I thought it sucked, then, I didn't know what to think of it.

You shouldn't need to think about it. It's Britney Spears, therefore it's shit.
  • John%s's Photo
    Regardless, that was the lowest quality piece of shit download I've ever downloaded...
  • kiddish%s's Photo
    Pop isn't about the artists themselves, it's about the songwriters/producers. Unless you actually believe that her voice isn't tampered with, and that she writes all her songs. Saying that anything that is Britney Spears is shit, makes no sense. Depending on who she works with, her music can be absolute crap (as in, everything she did prior to a year ago, or so) or decent, like when she pays incredibly talented people like Pharrell to do her producing. It pains me to admit it myself, but the Pharell-induced songs on her last album actually had some decent beat and melody. [edit] I don't understand why artists don't just stick with what works...I think they hooked up with one of Madonna's guys for this track and it just sounds horrible.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I disagree. Pop is manufactured, it preys on the desire of young children to be like Britney Spears and therefore buy her records. The melodies are highly unoriginal and a larger and larger portion of pop songs are covers all the time. Pop mostly sells through the faces and clothes (or lack of) on album covers. If you look in the rock section of a record store, you will see very few album covers depicting the bands or singer. However, in the pop section it's another story. this is categorical proof that pop sells on visual appearance. Which imo means it is rubbish because you're buying a sound recording - you can't see Britney Spears when you listen to the music, so why should her body sell the records?
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I do agree that it is too much of a Christina rip-off, but it is also far more artfully crafted than anything off of Christina's new album (or her old one, for that matter). And when you consider than most of Christina's new album was a raunchier rip-off of Britney's last one, then for Britney to go and make a raunchier rip-off of Christina's album isn't exactly surprsining.

And her voice wasn't tampered with - they just fused it with Madonna's (or so it sounds) - and wrote a song that fits both of their (limited) vocal range perfectly.

Do I like it? No. But for what it is, its well made.

So as far as mindless, idiotic and overly sexually explicit teen pop is concerned, its above par. But, as a rule, I dislike most everything in that genre - and anyone who doesn't. Besides, Brintey's creative peak remains Soda-pop - a great, fun, Pink hued, Pop-reggae bit of brillance - and it fucking rocks.

Well, relatively speaking.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    not a fan of britney. so i'm not gonna say anything.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Not only have I not heard it, I can't imagine anyone who would want to.
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    Is there a video? cause theres always the mute button
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Is there a video? cause theres always the mute button

One of the reasons why female country singers aren't banished from this country...
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    country kicks ass mother fucker. go back to your punk shit. :@
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

country kicks ass mother fucker. go back to your punk shit.  :@

(to dignify this with a response or not to dignify it with a response... to dignify this with a response or no-)

Shit, did I think that our did I say that?
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

Shit, did I think that our did I say that?

if your going to say something back then at least say it right
  • Brent%s's Photo

Pop sucks. Listen to rock or rap or something that requires a talent other than being good looking.

There is no talent in rapping. 8@
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    i don't like country, Metal
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

This is one reason why I want to move back up north, because of stupid fucking idiots like you.

Go ahead. Move back! Country kicks ass. Its been around for a long time and it is one of the best types of music ever. Sad that people like you put it down. You rather listen to music where people with no talent get some disco fuck and loop it then sing some fucked up nursery rhyme. Tell me Pym, whats your grade point average? Mine is a 4.0. Now what dumbass shit grade do you have?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading