Ask the Experts / hacking?

• jon%s's Photo
    Hi, I've been seeing some great parks recently and I've seen loads of hacks. But how do you do those hacks. How do I track merge or make an invisible rapids ride. Help me please!!
    Thanx. :)
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Its hard to explain, you need the almighty hack goddess Kumba's advice.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Merge

Hacking is a realy fun thing to get into. The best way to learn new things, is simply to experiment.

2 tips tho :

Always have multiple saved files of before and after hacks, so if a hack goes wrong you can jump back and re-do it or leave it out.

Save regulary!
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    'Invisible' rapids are easy.

Open Beast - zero all clearances - raise water through rapids track - restore all clearences - close Beast - save.
  • jon%s's Photo
    thanx guys.
  • gtwnballa425%s's Photo
    How do you make archways go over the path in RCT2? I know you need a trainer.

:stupid:
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Get the custom scenery from somewhere, I suggest Toons Workbench. (Im not certain it has it)

Then select the object and press shift whilst the square with the path in is highlighted and the object will hover above the path. If this is too far away then minimize RCT2 (with the windows key) and open 8cars, and zero clearances, then maximize the RCT2 window and place the object where you want. When done, minimize again and use 'restore clearances' from 8cars.

8Cars Trainer, you may need to search a few pages foreward to find the latest version.
  • gtwnballa425%s's Photo
    is there a way to merge tracks in rct2?

• rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    Yup...I had some tutorials on the web, but RCTCompetition has been having a few problems.
  • gtwnballa425%s's Photo
    can you give me any sites that can give me a few good tutorials on how to do different types of hacking. i have seen what it can do and the results are awesome, when it works at least.

• v1perz%s's Photo
    i think rctcompetition.com has some good hacking info, never really used it tho. If you can figure it out, hacking is addictive and its hard to go a park without using it.

The one main tip when merging rides:
    i find this is commonly left out, and surprisingly, confuses a lot of people. The rideMUST be in powered launch mode or some other mode not continuous circuit! It wont work otherwise!

=:-) ViPeR
  • Kumba%s's Photo

The one main tip when merging rides:
      i find this is commonly left out, and surprisingly, confuses a lot of people. The rideMUST be in powered launch mode or some other mode not continuous circuit! It wont work otherwise!

=:-) ViPeR

or boat hire if you want more then 1 train ;)
  • jon%s's Photo
    When i try to track merge, the second coaster just disappears and nothing happens.
  • v1perz%s's Photo

or boat hire if you want more then 1 train  ;)

Yes, but if its on boat hire mode and it crashes, you get an error trapper. ;)

Oh, and jon, i don't know what to say. Can you be more specific?
  • jon%s's Photo
    Im tryin merge two rides, wooden and a corkscrew. When i do the Height offset etc. on the corkscrew, it disappears. I also don't understand the raised track over the other track part.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    i think im gona need to make a small turtriol on mergeing, (with pics) coz i have heard of many ways to do it, but none of them are what i do, and "my way" takes about 30 sec's and 65% of the time i dont get white track left behind.

and when i say my way i dont mean im the only one who merges like that (Gymkid)
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

How do you make archways go over the path in RCT2? I know you need a trainer.

you don't... just raise some land and build a path through it.
  • Toon%s's Photo

i think im gona need to make a small turtriol on mergeing, (with pics) coz i have heard of many ways to do it, but none of them are what i do, and "my way" takes about 30 sec's and 65% of the time i dont get white track left behind.

and when i say my way i dont mean im the only one who merges like that (Gymkid)

I think an RCT2 track merging tutorial would be a great thing...I'd even spell check it for you ;) Seriously...get writing!
  • v1perz%s's Photo

Im tryin merge two rides, wooden and a corkscrew. When i do the Height offset etc. on the corkscrew, it disappears. I also don't understand the raised track over the other track part.

When doing the height offset, don't click OK because that lowers the track another time. Just click apply then cancel.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading