AD Releases / Port Dolphin Parc Release

• deanosrs%s's Photo
    Port Dolphin Parc

Well, perhaps it could have got runner-up or not... but anyway, I decided to release it now because it's crap and I don't want to be judged by it, it's only here so peeps can enjoy Scion City which is the only decent area of the park.

Thanks, and sorry to any of Iris's time I wasted.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    OMG YAY!! I have long awaited this day =D okay now to go see it..
  • Critic%s's Photo
    This park was amazing for what it was; didn't you say when you had originally started it that it was your first?

I can say congrats to that anyway, though, because it's got an atmoshphere, it's unique... somewhat a brand of it's own.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    I love this park! I believe it's going to get a runner-up..but I think the work you have in progress looks so much better--very nice work though.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I got ten bucks you just screwed yourself.

After all, most of the runner-ups posted were submitted a month ago or more... :birthday:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    ^ That's what I was saying over at RCT2.com's boards.

And after looking at it, it was rather dissapointing. Reasons why later due to the evil little brother known as Mark who wants to go online.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    I must say I'm dissappointed as well. It just didn't have anything out of the ordinary. The coasters were all below par... sorry... Also the roman section could of atleast had fences...

When I opened this park, the one thing I was looking forward to was Colossus... but it wasn't there... 8@
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Ive said before that I didn't like this park.

I don't think it really had very good atmosphere, especially considering the great lack of flowers.

As for the coasters, i didn't like the woodie very much and the swinging was nothing special.
    The standup was pretty good but one thing: For those large Cobra Rolls, I think its best to have the first half loop go out, and the second half loop to go in. Check any parkmaker work to see what I'm talking about.

--------

This isn't to say I don't like your work though. I know I have said it many times before, but your Tussuad's park really shows how you are progressing greatly.

...really a steal in h2h3 IMO
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    You could've gotten runnerup...
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    It might have beaten out Turtle just because its about 4 times the size. I didn't have any major beef with the coasters except for the horrible ending on the woodie with the loop that was way too slow. The stand up was realistic for a B&M, aka it didn't have much air and the turns seemed to be the way B&M would have made them, but it needed more inversions. The swinging invert was decent, but it needed more turns to utilize the swinging effect, could be a coaster like Iron Dragon though. The Architecture was quite nice except for the Roman area because it seemed congested. Barbados was congested, but it was supposed to and was a fairly original idea. Overall I liked the park.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I'm not dragonfly btw... I will take the time to reply to comments later today
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Iris did say that he's already picked another round of runners-up and I wouldn't have been surprised if this were one of them...

Ah well, if you don't want the accolade, then you don't want the accolade. As it is, people are judging you on Port Veiho (in terms of released material) and i'm willing to bet Port Dolphin Parc is a lot better.

I'm downloading it now. I liked the screens a lot. It's sad you don't like it any more.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ it may well have been... but at the end of the day I'm not too bothered about runner ups. I can do better. And I'd rather people saw this now because otherwise it will just annoy me later when it is released, whether it gets runner up or not. It was my first park... it's only here so you guys can enjoy something from it. And yes, ppl are judging me on Porto Veiho which was a different style from this but about the same standard imo.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    who said you were dragonfly?
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    I really liked this park. It had some stunning architecture that was extremely detailed. The coasters were all superb and all the sections were organized and unique.

But here's what I didn't like: My number one ultimate pet peeve in RCT is when people build this amazing architecture, and landscaping.. but when you remove it, there's about TWO rides! I was surprised to see that some sections in your park only had about 3 rides and 2 shops.. but ALL these empty buildings. I see it in a lot of parks these days. A truly great park looks good with or without the scenery removed. :)
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    I agree with Jacko Shanty...that is a pet peeve of mine too. The Roman section had barely anything in it.

Also, the first coaster I looked at was the stand-up. I thought to myself, "Hey! That's a pretty cool first drop." Then I looked at the suspended, and it had the same first drop. And then I looked at the woodie, and it too had the same first drop. Overkill.

The architecture was pretty good and the theme of the rusty Caribbean area was nice, but I couldn't get past the repetition of the coaster designs.

supertrooper

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading