AD Releases / Atlantis Catastrophe

• BigFoot%s's Photo
    Hey. Well, this park was started in March of last year, sat from May till July, and then I finished it in August, and have been to lazy to release it.

In any case theirs a story behind this park. Back in feb-march of last year, I was browsing NE, and people kept mentioning this "Atlantis Lost Empire" park by NeViS. So intrigued I was, I downloaded the park (I SWEAR it was directly from this site.)

In anycase, the park was terrible. I didn't like it at all, so I was like, "Hey, if this NeViS fool can get praise for this crap, then i can make something better".

About two months into construction, I found the 'real' ALE. And I was screwed.

NeViS is now my favorite parkmaker ever, and i decided to finish the park.

Now the theme of the park, is obviously Atlantis, but the whole 'catastrophe' thing is actually becuase the three sections in the park are 'above ground, sinking, and sunk' three parts of the Island.

Anyways, here's a screen:

Posted Image

And the download: Download

I can honestly say this doesn't reflect my newest skills in the game, as most of the architecture was done in late May. I'd say I've improved to twice as good since then, but for those that have seen some of my previous work, you can agree its better than that junk.

Comments please.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I actually prefer some of the stuff in this park to what you've been showing in recent screens. The colours are adventurous, the concept is quite brilliant, and some of it is quite well pulled off. I'm not gonna say I outright like it, because there were quite a few things that turned me off, but i'll definitely give you points for making an underwater area like that - the way you did the doors/paths was quite ingenious.

I think you probably know the things I didn't like - tree-ing was poor, mine train looked like it was an excuse for a ride, and none of the naming was that inspired (the hotel didn't have a name, for starters).

You're good at coming up with nice ideas - big city was another one - but obviously you'll only really satisfy other people (and maybe yourself, seeing as you seem to like beating yourself up about your parkmaking) with practise. It's good to see you still improving with things like Yellow Snow and Chaos, so I can only advise you to keep going, perservering, looking at other peoples' work and doing what you enjoy the most.

Thanks for finishing this park - it was worth seeing it for the concept and some of those nice buildings near the entrance.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    Thanks mantis for replying and for the comments. I wasn't really happy with the park in general, their was to many problems in it to really fix and make into a good park. The mine train was just a blow off ride to add in.

And thanks for the compliment on the sunken area, though I realized after completion it would have been easier just to use the real stuff and zero clearances, but oh well.

Hopefully my newer work will appeal more to others....Yellow Snow is actually been done, it only took two weeks (being a mini park)...i guess I'll release that soon....

And my newest project looks pretty good....if cliche, so we'll see.

Thanks again mantis.

MM
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    I've watched it for a couple of times and i really like this park of yours Bigfoot. The archy was pretty nice, theming was also good (i love the pirate ship that also operates as a station for the Kraken rollercoaster) butt there was one little thing that was a bit anoying.

After a couple of minuts the Kraken rollercoaster stalls on one of its hills, and can't go back to the station. Butt except that, it's a good ride. Layout was a bit simpel, butt the idea was really neat and it's fun to see the train coming out of the water and diving back in it to the bottom :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading