RCT Discussion / Son of Beast

• sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    RCT 2.

Begin Special Build Mode.
    *alt+tab*
    Build build build.
    *alt+tab*
    Execute Special Build Mode > Execute Build Thru

HEY ASSHOLE "UNABLE TO EXECUTE THIS COMMAND! YOU DID NOT SELECT "BEGIN SPECIAL BUILD MODE" OR YOU HAVE SAVED THE GAME" YOU COCKSUCKER!!! HAHAHAHAH I AM AN EVIL TRAINER WHO SHOWS NO MERCY! BWAHAHAHAHA

I try and try and try again and the shit wont work. I know I didn't save the game, and I know i pushed begin special build mode. I would use 8 cars but 8 cars crashes every time I try to zero clearances or restore clearances. This worries me because Rivers of Babylon is the subject park, and If I have to finish it without minor hax it wouldn't be as good as it could be.

Anybody? Help? Please?
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Stay away from SoB, its useless. I've experienced the same problem with both trainers and I've found a solution. With 8 cars, for some reason v.1.22 gets an error while preforming things like zeroing clearances and such on a saved game that's been hacked a lot before. However, all versions prior to 1.22 still work fine with the game. 1.21 has basically all the features of 1.22 (if that's what you are using) except for raising and sinking objects, which really isn't needed unless for a really specific use which I won't get into. If you use 1.21, it should work. The only problem now is that you have to find it somewhere because I, somebody who deleted it right when I d/l'd 1.22, have yet to do so and am using an even older version than that now that only has zero clearances and no restore.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    My 1.22 8cars is fine. Its better than beast. Who knows whats wrong with you guys'.
    Well that helped alot.... not

knuckles :|
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    SAC- did you hack with 8cars or any trainer in the scenerio editor? If you did, that is your problem. I nnever hack while in the scenrio editor. I wait till i am in a saved game and i have never had a problem with 8 cars 1.22. You got ROB done and got a spotlight for it. So i guess it all worked out for ya. Congrats.

SOB is ok, i don't use it much as it basicly usless for most things.
    Long Live 8 Cars. ^__^
  • natelox%s's Photo
    You can acheive the same effect (of the beast doing that) in RCTLL aswell. How it happens usually is if you save with the beast open a lot. This screws up the beast trainer and it becomes usless with that park. To prevent this, turn off or quit the beast before saving.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

To prevent this, turn off or quit the beast before saving.

I do that all the time with any trainer. It is just a saftey measure so i don't risk corupting my parks.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    well that sounds like bull shit.. corrupting the trainer?

i think it´s probly coz you don´t open up the beast right after rct2 opens up.. and if the problem continues, go to "help" "use default values" and select a version. My Dutch RCT2 version works when i click UK =/.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Man, I save with the Beast open all the time and I haven't had that problem thankfully. I am careful to make sure I select 'End Special Build Mode' every time I start it and 'Restore All Clearances' before saving. Doing that, the only time I've been bothered by error trappers is when I accidentally stack something I'm not supposed to, like portions of a coaster track, or sometimes if I select 'Restore All Clearances' while still in special build mode. The important thing though is that you must be careful when you're using any trainer. Corrupting your save file is absoutely the worst thing you can possibly do so if you're ever doing something risky that you think might cause a problem, save your game with a different filename (MyParkA and MyParkB for example). And really be careful about ending special build mode, restore clearances, and all those things BEFORE you save cause once you hit 'save', there's no going back. Save your sanity and be meticulous. (But not too meticulous cause that will also drive you insane -- like me working on Blood Island. Place bush, zero clearances, place tree, zero clearances, place another bush, zero clearances... :twitch: )
  • mantis%s's Photo

Place bush, zero clearances, place tree, zero clearances, place another bush, zero clearances... :::<!--emo&:)-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->  )

Gah i know :( I hate doing that. And on Atomkraftwerk I stacked some of the water ride by mistake, but it didn't matter cos it worked anyway!
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Gah i know :( I hate doing that. And on Atomkraftwerk I stacked some of the water ride by mistake, but it didn't matter cos it worked anyway!

Use 8 cars for 0 clearncing(unless it is an rct 1 park)
    LL8C!
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Ok okie dokie voodoo's here.

Download the SOB and replace your current file with the newly downloaded one. If the problem persists, reinstall RCT2 and try again.

I had the same problemo, and I did the first step ^, it sorted it. Hope it works for you. :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    The erorr SA is talking about was in RoB, he was unable to use 8Cars coz of some type of computer erorr, so he only could use the SoB, and when he needed the clearance restored he send it to me and id do it.

What i use is the SoB and 8Cars 1.21, and i only use 8Cars to Restoe Clerance and change ride cars, all the rest i do with the SoB, and it is very rare that i ever get trapper erorr. If your haveing Trouble try that combo, it works for me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading