Ask the Experts / ARGH!

• misolbaid%s's Photo
    ok, i installed rct normally, installed loopylandscapes normally, added ll-xp patch, then xp drexler patch, and all were sucessful, but it wont work!!! i cannot open hacked parks. it still says the invalid data thing when i open them up. wtf happened? how can i open the parks!?!??!?!?! please help me :( :@ :@:@
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    no one? i feel lonely and depressed. :(
  • posix%s's Photo
    Once it came up with "invalid data", load the SV4 again. And again, and again. If it still doesn't work after 4 tries you did something wrong when installing LL.
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    i did it in this order:

installed rct fine, i test ran it, worked perfectly

installer loopy landscapes, worked perfectly

installed loopy landscapes xp patch, worked perfectly

installed the drexler patch you sent me, worked perfectly

i opened a saved game, invalid data!!

i can run the game by itself but not opening a saved game. i don't know what went wrong, i uninstalled it at least 5 times. :(
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Are you pressing the "load game" in the actual game? Or are you loading an ".SV4" from outside of the game. Usually if you load it from inside the game, it should work.
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    i load from outside, double clicking the game file
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    thank you i love you it works!
  • posix%s's Photo
    So it's not only me who can't open SV4s by double-clicking them?
    That's why I told you to load it again and again, misolbaid, you know.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I've also had problems loading sv4's when they are not in the saved game folder. I have no idea why, but I get invalid data in that situation too. It took me forever to figure out why it was happening.
  • misolbaid%s's Photo
    thank you all, especially posix for the drexler patch. i really appreciate your help :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading