H2H2 / SOUTENOURS

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The H2H2 season is winding down finally so I thought I'd post reviews of each team's performance. So reviews of the other 5 teams will follow as I get them done.

THE SOUTENOURS

ROSTER:
    X-Sector (captain) - Valley of the Kings (W) You've Come a Long Way, Baby (L)
    OZONE - Tumbleweed Frontiers (L) Og's Paradise (W) Legend of Leviathan (L)
    Prince Ashitaka - Evanescense (L) Legend of Leviathan (L)
    Gigaforce - Evanescense (L) Valley of the Kings (W)
    Harakiri - You've Come a Long Way, Baby (L)
    BioHazard - Tumbleweed Frontiers (L)
    RCTFlame - Village of the Peasants (L)
    Shortdude - Village of the Peasants (L)
    xBlind Guardian
    xNitrous Oxide

Before the competition started, I thought this was one of the most imposing rosters. They had a lot of my personal favorites on their team. X-Sector, Harakiri, OZONE, Prince Ashitaka, and Blind Guardian are all parkmakers (or were at some point anyway). Unfortunately, NO and BG weren't able to contribute at all for some reason. They also lacked anyone particularly skilled at building in RCT2 though this only became a weakness for them in retrospect.

PARKS:
    L-Evanescense - GigaForce, Prince Ashitaka [RCT2] - 8%
    L-Tumbleweed Frontiers - OZONE, BioHazard [RCT2] - 33%
    W-Valley of the Kings - x-sector, GigaForce [LL] - NO VOTE
    L-Village of the Peasants - RCTFlame, shortdude [RCT2] - 23%
    W-Og's Paradise - OZONE [LL] - 57%
    L-Legend of Leviathan - OZONE, Prince Ashitaka [LL] - 45%
    L-You've Come a Log Way, Baby - X-Sector, Harakiri [LL] - 12%

Every RCT2 park lost and lost badly. They were all made in the early weeks of the season though before RCT2 parkmaking had matured into what it is today. They closed out the season with 3 LL parks, all of which were very good. Two of those matchups were very close and one wasn't. You can't critisize the Soutenours for the stength of their competition though. They produced a park for every week on the schedule, which is not to be taken lightly in this competition, and did a good job with all of them. Just not good enough in some cases.

AVG: 30%

REPORT:

The Soutenours started out early with RCT2 parks and had little success. In week 1 the Soutenours matched up with the Mean Green and suffered their most crushing defeat of the season, losing 45-4. This would be the matchup that cost them the finals. In week 2 they faced the Sea Serpents and again matched an RCT2 park against a LL park. Though the matchup was much closer this time, clearly RCT2 parks were having trouble winning against LL parks in the early part of the season. For week 3 they pulled out all the stops, switching to LL for an incredible park by X-Sector and Gigaforce. Sadly the Blue Meanies were having their own trouble and failed to submit a park that week so the Soutenours won by default with their best park so far.

The Soutenours went into week 4 with a record of 1-2, for a rematch with the Sea Serpents. They failed to learn their lesson from weeks 1 and 2 and again matched up a RCT2 park with an LL park with similar results. By now the Soutenours were 1-3 but must have gathered some hope from the similar struggles of the Mean Green who were also 1-3. Week 5 was a bye week giving them some time to regroup and consider what was working and what wasn't. They made the right choice, bouncing back with a great LL park in week 6 to face their rivals the Mean Green. The trend of LL parks winning over RCT2 parks continued, this time with the advantage going to the Soutenours rather than against them. It was a close matchup but the Soutenours won it, improving to 2-3 while the Mean Green fell to 1-4.

With a better record than the Mean Green going into week 7, all the Soutenours needed to do was keep winning and they would be in the finals. Having learned from prior losses they again went with an LL park and faced off against an RCT2 park by the Pufferfish. It was at this point that the tides shifted for the Soutenours as the Pufferfish were on a roll and were not to be stopped. Toon Towner and aero21, two parkmakers who acheived success with RCT2 early, happened to be on the same team and not even a well crafted LL park could top their theming wizardry.They loss the matchup only by a narrow margin, 36-29.

Give the Soutenours credit, they weren't demoralized by the loss. They came back with their best stuff, a joint effort by master parkmakers X-Sector and Harakiri. It was their last week of competition and it should have been a close matchup. Had they won, they likely would have gone ahead into the finals. But they lost to the Icons and that was that. The Mean Green also finished with a 2-5 record but advanced over the Soutenours because of the large margin of victory in their week 1 matchup.

Given their roster, I expected the Soutenours to do better than they did. The trouble was, they didn't submit their best work early in the season when winning was easier and then in the later weeks when they did produce strong parks, they lost close matchups. RCT2 did not work out well for them at all with their best parkmakers being much more experienced in LL. The best teams had players skilled at both games and that was what worked against the Soutenours in the end.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Great review, can't wait to read all the rest. You are definetly a factor that makes these boards so intresting.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    Thank you Ed, I found that very interesting to read. That is most likely because I was on this team.. yea, thats the main reason. I know the forum header said that X was the captian, but our captian was actually GigaForce. Well, I dont remember the begining of the season too well, so I could be wrong.

Anyways, right about the time when Og's Paradise was being worked on (That was supposed to be me and Giga together), GigaForce lost all interest in RCT. So I just finished the other half of the park up by myself. I could have been better, but we at least got our second/final win. Now I wasn't supposed to play any more, because I had already played twice. But when GigaForce seeminly dissapeared, and said the he was no longer the captian.. I was forced to make somthing... by the next day. PA was online, so we talked about it and started somthing really quick. It was a major pain in the ass, but we got it finished in time barely. I remember coming home really late that friday night and finishing it up. I was later than i had expected from the Drive In theatre, I can still remember that night ;) ... anyways, I'm wondering. We lost of course, because Legends of Laviathan was a rushed piece of shit.

Iris then said I was the captian (haha, its not like I did anything). X and Kirii already had somthing started, so I just kept bothering kirii untill they had finished it. We lost again, no thanks to Ed and Scarface with their tremendous Battlefield RCT. Thus ended the team.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That Battlefield/YCALWB week was the best...some of my parkmakers producing two boggling masterpieces...

BattlefieldRCT will live on!

I enjoyed reading through that - I looked through some of the old H2H2 threads and it's kinda nostalgic. I still can't believe the Sea Serpents let Mean Green into the finals though :D
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Great review of our team.

I'll point out you said we learned from our mistakes and started doing LL parks that was wrong. our team hardly ever contacted each other (on the fourms especially) so I think it was more luck that we changed to LL.

Kumbamaster left like in the first week of H2H starting. then gigaforce took over and started to get things going but it failed.
    I wasn't the captain really. I give credit to gigaforce for making it work for the start and Ozone for making us get in to gear with making parks towards the end of it.

Our team would of done better if we contacted each other alot more (I can't wait to be in a team that does contact each other more)

it would of been better if Gigaforce, Kumbamaster, NO, Blind guardian and Harakiri stuck around, he only did the coaster in YCALWB then he was busy so I had to finish it off.
    Gigaforce, Kumba, NO, Blind guardian and

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading