Kiddo - Psychedelica (W)
    Roberto Roboparks - Crystal Waters (L)
    TXCoasterGuy1 - Crystal Waters (L)
    Kai - Othello (W)
    Thorpedo2589 - Psychedilica (W)
    xRCTFreak2000
    xDippyDoodle
    xBlitz-Sama

This was certainly the most unpredictable lineup going into the season. Chauncey, Micool, WME, Kai, and Blitz all walk to the beat of a different drum than most of the parkmakers at NE. In a game where popularity and mass appeal is all that mattered, this strategy seemed like suicide. This turned out to be an inaccurate prediction though as their two losses came from their two most traditional parks. Micool was the only member of the Blue Meanies to participate in more than one park. All of their wins came from four parkmakers: Micool, Kai, kiddo, and Thorpedo. I don't know who was to blame for the two forfeits, but they cost their team the season. Thorpedo was added halfway through the season, so one of those last three must have been dropped. What I want to know is, where was Blitz-Sama in all this?

PARKS:
    L-IsoMania - Evil WME [RCT2] - 34%
    L-Crystal Waters - Roberto Roboparks, TXCoasterGuy1 [LL] - 22%
    W-Othello - Micool, Kai [RCT2] - 51%
    W-Psychedelica - kiddo, Thorpedo2589 [LL] - 65%
    W-White America - Micool [LL] - 76%

AVG: 50%

Their average works out to 50%, which isn't too surprising considering their record was 3-2 when they didn't forfeit.The big story for the Blue Meanies was lack of organization, but they pulled it together for the last three weeks of their season and scored three wins. They had some success with RCT2 and LL and lost with both as well. I didn't think any of their parks were really exceptional, but they were just good enough to get the wins. There wasn't a big difference in quality between their winning and losing parks. If anything, the more creative their parks got, the more succesful they were. Their best, and most creative park, was Othello by Micool and Kai.

REPORT:

It took the Blue Meanies a few weeks to get into the flow of the season. Their first matchup came in week 2 against the Icons and they put up a respectable showing with an RCT2 park by WME and Chauncey. Exactly how involved Chauncey was in the park is questionable though as he seemed confused as to why his name was attributed to the park. This was only the beginning of the confusion that would cripple the Blue Meanies' season. Following the loss in week 2, the Blue Meanies forfeited the next two weeks. With the success of the Icons and the Pufferfish, the Blue Meanies had basically forfeited any chance at making the finals by week 4.

After 4 weeks the Blue Meanies were 0-3 and had only produced one park. Thankfully they got week 5 off and were able to produce a park by week 6 for their matchup against the undefeated Sea Serpents. It was not a good matchup for the Blue Meanies who won only 22% of the vote. Unfortunately for the Blue Meanies, by week 6 RCT2 parks were regularly beating LL parks. Crystal Waters was just too traditional to beat an RCT2 park.

Going into week 7, the Blue Meanies couldn't be blamed if they felt like giving up. With a record of 0-4 in the toughest division, they had no chance of making the finals. To make matters worse, their last three matchups of the season were against the Icons, Pufferfish, and Mean Green. It looked to be a long haul for the Blue Meanies but miraculously, they were able to turn it around. Week 7 was a sweep for RCT2 parks and that included the Blue Meanies' stunning victory over the Icons by a margin of 34-33. Micool and Kai really made use of RCT2's strengths producing Othello, an amusement park and a boardgame in one. If the Blue Meanies were an actual team, they would have gotten mighty drunk that night. It was only the Icon's second loss of the season and the Blue Meanies first win.

Coming off their first win, the Blue Meanies won a sizeable victory over the Pufferfish in week 8. This time the heroes were kiddo and Thorpedo (who must have joined the team midway through the season). It was also the first victory for the Blue Meanies with LL. This was only the second loss for the Pufferfish as well and though the Blue Meanies had only one matchup left and a record of 2-4, they had proved themselves by beating both teams in their division.

The Mean Green were having some trouble of their own late in the season and barely scraped together a park to compete with the Blue Meanies in week 10. It was no contest as the Blue Meanies easily won 31-10, by far their best win of the season. So the Blue Meanies finished the season with three straight wins, but it was too little too late. The 0-4 hole they dug for themselves in the first half of the season with two forfeits was too much to overcome. The Blue Meanies were an embarassment for the first half of the season, but they really pulled together with the best finish of all six teams. Were they in a different division, they would have made it to the playoffs. Unfortunate.

Other Team Summaries:
    SOUTENOURS
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Great Summary. Really brings life to the whole contest. I love it. Great job Ed.

ride6
  • RRP%s's Photo
    another great review ed,you should really do this as a profession because they are both really good.

cant wait for the sea serpents one
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I never really cared much about H2H, but these reviews put an interesting perspective on the teams and the matchups.

Plus I'm discovering cool minis that I didn't even know existed. It's not often that I see a park that makes me think "That looks like something I'd make", but that's exactly what I said upon seeing Othello. Hilarious idea.

Keep 'em coming, Ed.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

It took the Blue Meanies a few weeks to get into the flow of the season. Their first matchup came in week 2 against the Icons and they put up a respectable showing with an RCT2 park by WME and Chauncey. Exactly how involved Chauncey was in the park is questionable though as he seemed confused as to why his name was attributed to the park. This was only the beginning of the confusion that would cripple the Blue Meanies' season. Following the loss in week 2, the Blue Meanies forfeited the next two weeks. With the success of the Icons and the Pufferfish, the Blue Meanies had basically forfeited any chance at making the finals by week 4.

Yeah it would have helped if Chauncey did anything (yes literally anything)

really, why is his name there?

and it´s funny that we basically lost by week 4..
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah, you're right. I put it there because he's officially listed and I wasn't 100% sure if he worked on the park or not. But you should know better than anybody does. So I've removed any connection between Chauncey and IsoMania.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Wow I didn't realise they actually had no hope that quick lol.

Serves cg? right for being such a lazy bastard ;)
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Can everybody please stop blaming me for all of this. It wasn't that I was a lazy bastard, it was that I was an inexperienced bastard. I honestly had no idea what was nessecary of a captain before the season began, which is why we had such a bad start.

This season was crap, but I am not soley to blame. I did the best I could do, but that wasn't nearly good enough. Others did the best they could do, some better, and others slacked off just as much as I, some more.

In the end, it was nobodies fault and everbodies fault, and if given a second chance, it would all be different. But of course, isn't that the way it always is?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Don't worry cg? :p

I want to see that walkthrough you all but completed, to be honest. That's what i'm most annoyed at you about ;)
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    cg, no one would blame u if you hadn't yelled at us all the time for doing nothing.

I didn't participate in any park because it was all so confusing. Not to mention, you pared me up with Blitzsama, who decided he wanted to play RCT2, which is something I have absolutely NO talent in. So we had a 50% finished RCT2 park that went no where.

Now you say it isn't anyone's fault.

Please make up your mind.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Certainly it isn't fully the captains fault when things don't work out right. They are the easiest person to blame, and should accept some of the responsibility, but the team members know when the deadlines are and they should get their park done in time. I fault you for abandoning WME in week 1 cg? but I know that things happen and if the game wasn't working for you there's nothing that could be done. It wasn't a good season for your team but if you wanted to captain again, I for one would be fine with that. Like you said, people make mistakes and learn from them. You probably would do a much better job the second time around. And perhaps it would be better for you to be a dedicated captain instead of a captain and a participant. Of course, iris might not let you be a captain again...
  • cg?%s's Photo

I didn't participate in any park because it was all so confusing. Not to mention, you pared me up with Blitzsama, who decided he wanted to play RCT2, which is something I have absolutely NO talent in. So we had a 50% finished RCT2 park that went no where.

How was it confusing? I gave you all the information I had, and all that anyone else had, I'll assume, and if you had paid attention to the game as it was going, you had all you would have needed.

More importantly, you decided not to help your partner, your teammate, your team on the whole, and then you blame me for it! How does that make any sense? It doesn't.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Chauncey, I was made captain of "The Pufferfish" without even knowing. One day I visited NE and suddenly had mod controls. I was more or less thrown in.
    Not to talk big but my team never forfeited and I find it funny to see what a coward you are not to take responsibility.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Chauncey, I was made captain of "The Pufferfish" without even knowing. One day I visited NE and suddenly had mod controls. I was more or less thrown in.
    Not to talk big but my team never forfeited and I find it funny to see what a coward you are not to take responsibility.

There is no way that I can be faulted for my team forfeiting. If my teammates just don't make parks, what am I supposed to do? I told them everything I had to tell them, did everything I thought I had to do, and it was enough for everyone who didn't forfeit.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Yeah, Dippy Doodle dropped and I asked iris if I could take his place. Lucky for the Blue Meanies me & kiddo produced a win...cause I would've smelled a forfeit from Dippy...
  • posix%s's Photo

There is no way that I can be faulted for my team forfeiting. If my teammates just don't make parks, what am I supposed to do?

Contact them and ask why they're not working, put pressure on them and if necessary, kick them.
    I doubt you made up pairings in the first place.
    Don't get me wrong I don't want to talk down on you like "Fuck off, you loser captain". It's not that important anyway.
    But I think it'd be better for you if you confessed, ...or something like that.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Contact them and ask why they're not working, put pressure on them and if necessary, kick them.
    I doubt you made up pairings in the first place.

You're right, I probably should have kept more in-touch with my team, that I'll freely admit to. However, I did pressure them (to some extent, at least) and I also kicked some of team. Also, I made pairings up long before gameplay started.

Well, I made some pairings up long before gameplay started, the final pairings (for the last few weeks, the ones which won) I made up later in the game, as I came to realize they were nessecary.

And considering those quickly-made pairings are the ones who got their parks done and in on time, and won, I doubt that could be faulted either.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I was afraid that Othello would beat us, because it was an awesome gimmick.

And dammit! It DID!!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    How did I abandon my partner cg? ? I can't play RCT2 for crap. But also, you never told us when anything was due until after the day, and then when you finally decided to post the dates, the season was half over.

Just a lack of organization.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Peace, ho!
    I'd say it's ok now. Don't you agree, Chauncey?

No but really. He has confessed (more or less) and H2H2 is all over. I'd say it'd be best to stop bitching.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading