News / H2H2 Award Results

• iris%s's Photo
    Thanks to everyone who voted for the H2H2 awards. It was without a doubt the most succesful season H2H2 has ever had, and we have a huge head of steam heading into Park Wars 2 and Head2Head3, in that order.
    Basically, these awards were a clean sweep, at least in the categories that a 'certain someone' was up for.

Onto the winners:

H2H2 Park of the Year - To the best overall park of the entire season, playoffs included. (79 Voters)
    *Note-park had to have won it's respective match-up in order to be considered for this award)
    Winner - Battlefield RCT by Coaster Ed and Scarface (37 Votes)
    For the second year in a row, innovation plays a major part in the H2H Park of the Year. Battlefield RCT is unlike anything ever seen before in RCT, recreating an actual war between two bordering countries, with a full-indepth storyline, and perfect execution. About thirty explosions pave the way for one of the most unique Inverted Coasters ever built.
    --2nd Place - Purple Pill Heights by ToonTowner and The Judge (13 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Sicily by Fatha' and Natelox (11 Votes)

H2H2 Most Valuable Parkmaker (79 Voters)
    Winner - Coaster Ed (43 Votes)
    The only person to own three wins, including creating the park of the year, and winning the championship made this category a shoe-in. Creating three of the best miniparks ever built: "Battlefield RCT" with Scarface, "Erwindale Forest" with mantis, and "Blood Island" by himself, Ed really did reinvent the way people look at miniparks. Ed joins RRP as the only two people (both Icons ironically) to win this award.
    --2nd Place - ToonTowner (22 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Micool (6 Votes)

H2H2's Best LL Park (78 Voters)
    Winner - Battlefield RCT by Coaster Ed and Scarface (39 Votes)
    Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the best overall park would be the best LL park as well. The only difference in this category was the competition, since losing H2H2 parks were up for consideration as well, although they didn't do too much better. Really shows just how much higher Ed is then everybody else. For the second time in two years, the best Overall Park and Best LL park are one in the same.
    --2nd Place - Miami 2040 by Fatha' (14 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Erwindale Forest by Coaster Ed and mantis (13 Votes)

H2H2's Best RCT2 Park (79 Voters)
    Winner - Purple Pill Heights by ToonTowner and The Judge (31 Votes)
    ToonTowner earned his nickname as the RCT Messiah with the Best RCT2 Park win. Really, other then Foozy (who was also up for the award), nobody is even near this guy's skills. Coming second place in the best overall park as well, Purple Pill Heights shows that even though this park was made back when RCT2 advances were few and far between, Toon still had the upper hand on everybody. The Judge also played a part in this park, creating various buildings and the Virginia Reel coaster.
    --2nd Place - Ville des Lumieres by Foozy and Corkscrewed (19 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Maude Flanders' Praiseland by ToonTowner and aero21 (12 Votes)

H2H2's Best Steel Coaster (81 Voters)
    Winner - 331st Division Air Corps by Coaster Ed at Battlefield RCT
    Hogging all the awards so far, Ed gets another one with the "helicopter" simulated Inverted Coaster adventure found in Battlefield RCT. A ride with a one of a kind layout, made more for interacting with the theming then for the coaster itself, it was really the focal point of the entire minipark, with the explosions all happening based on what this coaster did. Starting off in one country, and doing its damage from above to the poor opposition, before making it safely home.
    --2nd Place - Nucleophile at Atomkraftwerk by mantis (21 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Odyssey at Sicily by Fatha' (20 Votes)

H2H2's Best Wooden Coaster (77 Voters)
    Winner - Thunderbird at Spirits Bay by ToonTowner (29 Votes)
    Well, we're pretty deep into the awards, and still only ToonTowner and Ed have won anything. Pretty unfair eh? This time though, it's not for Purple Pill Heights, but actually for a LL park (yes, coming from the RCT2 messiah) created in tandem with Posix, that ended up losing it's playoff bout with Corkscrewed's "Myttica Resort". Still, nobody could doubt the excellence of "Thunderbird", the wooden coaster that sat in Spirits Bay, really Toon's best built coaster I've ever seen. Showing he can still do it in both games, Toon is really becoming a hot product here at NE.
    --2nd Place - Maiandros at Corozal by Natelox (20 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Quicksilver at Falcon's Ridge by Gutterflower (14 Votes)

The Creativity Award (77 Voters)
    Winner - Battlefield RCT by Coaster Ed and Scarface (39 Votes)
    Um...I'm running out of things to say here guys....Congrats Ed once again, with the Most Creative park award. Not too much competition here, since the creativity of this minipark was what made it so amazing. Only Micool and Kai's "Othello" gave it a fight in my opinion (not in the voters eyes though).
    --2nd Place - Miami 2040 by Fatha' (12 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Othello by Micool and KaiBueno (11 Votes)

The Best Loser (77 Voters)
    Winner - Miami 2040 by Fatha' (41 Votes)
    FINALLY someone other then Ed or Toon win an award. Fatha' gets his name on the board, getting some recognition for the incredible minipark he put up in the first round of the Finals, "Miami 2040", a futuristic look at the atlantic city. The park that barely lost to mantis and Mortician's "Atomkraftwerk" in what is undeniably one of the best match-ups of all time in H2H2. Great job Fatha' on a park that I personally liked better, but lost the majority vote. Although Fatha' only went 1-2 this year, all three parks were of incredible quality.
    --2nd Place - Spirits Bay by ToonTowner and Posix (15 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Maui Xtreme Resort by Fatha' and Themeparkmaster (11 Votes)

Captain of the Year (79 Votes)
    Winner - Iris (44 Votes)
    Thanks to everyone who voted for me, in my second straight win of this award. Really most people don't know how much pressure it is to be a captain until they actually experience it, and you can ask Fatha', or cg?, or Posix, etc. just how tough it is. Our team ended up not forfeiting one single time this year, and of our two losses...we lost by a total of 4 votes (combined). We also won the championship for the second straight year, which would have been impossible without the incredible work of my team...PyroPenguin, Corkscrewed, Coaster Ed, Foozy, mantis, Mortician, Scarface, stargazer, and Foltzenator. Really, the only thing I can take credit for is drafting that all star line up.
    --2nd Place - Fatha' (20 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Posix (15 Votes)

The Cruelty Award (78 Votes)
    Winner - Rushville by Drew (37 Votes)
    A park that was seemingly created in only a couple hours, Drew just had to put something together, and this was the end result. Still, credit must be given to him for putting in the hard work just to avoid the forfeit. Even though they eventually lost to Micool's "White America", at least Rushville won something.
    --2nd Place - Crystal Waters by Roberto Roboparks (12 Votes)
    --3rd Place - Evanescence by Prince_Ashitaka and GigaForce (11 Votes)

Match-Up of the Year (77 Votes)
    Winner - Atomkraftwerk vs. Miami 2040 (51 Votes)
    Really showing how intense the H2H2 Playoffs can be, we had a classic match-up between two of NE's hottest parkmakers, mantis and Fatha'. Of course, it didn't hurt the Icons chances of also having Mortician working in a generous 2 on 1 situation. Still, it was down to the wire the entire time, with Miami 2040 leading most of the way. Making this match up even more exciting was how much was on the line.
    --2nd Place - Ville des Lumieres vs. Anuradhapura (11 Votes)
    --3rd Place - El Dorado vs. Maui Xtreme Resort (10 Votes)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Wow, now I feel guilty. :'( Sorry for taking all the awards guys.
    Thanks a lot to everybody who participated in H2H2 and voted in each of the rounds. It's been a lot of fun and a competition like this can't happen without the support of all you people. So thanks again. Now I've got to find a shelf to put all these trophies on. :D
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Don't feel bad. You're really that good.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Congradulations to all the winners. The only award I didn't agree with was purple pill heights. But that doesn't have much baring on anything.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Well done to the few winners. Ed you unfair lol good job, i got my name up their because of u haha ;)
    well done iris in organisin everything aswell
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Well, I finished second in a lot of categories, but Second to people like Ed or Fatha' isn't upsetting in the least. I think most of these were probably correct, tho I'm still not sure I love PPH as much as the rest of you (tho I recognize it's place in RCT2's development). Thanks for everyone who voted for me in anything, but 22 votes for MVP....what were you guys thinking? I thought that one might end up being unanimous.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Congrats to everyone who won an award/s. It was obvious from the begining Ed would make a clean sweep.

Now get all the end of season hype to roll over into Park Wars!
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Didn't follow this at all, but well done to everyone who took part. Battlefield RCT own3d.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Mort - we won half an award! Go us!

Congrats to all the winners (especially Ed and Fatha' for creating my favourite parks from the competition).

Roll on Park Wars!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Mort - we won half an award! Go us!

Congrats to all the winners (especially Ed and Fatha' for creating my favourite parks from the competition).

Roll on Park Wars!

:lol: We can be happy about something in this atleast.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Congrats everyone.

Well done ED you deserve it you made three outstanding parks
    also well done to Iris for captain of the year

Well done to everyone who won.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Congrats everyone on making a fine season!

(Except you damn lazy Sea Serpents!)

*glares*

stargazer
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Well, I'm glad you all liked Rushville.

:p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading