Custom Scenery Exchange / AE's Cool Rides!

• mantis%s's Photo
    I'm just wondering whether i'm really late with this, but hey.

I just checked out The Amazing Earl's real rides page and there's a few new ones like 'Rounded-Up', the hearts and diamonds type ride we get at fairgrounds in the UK, and then a double swinging inverter which looks pretty cool.

I think the only flat ride AE has made that i'm not too keen on is the Sky Diver, cos some of the cars look a bit weird at one point on the rotation. But the rest are really cool - especially like in Six Frags' It park.

Wish I could make things like this lol.

RCT2 Custom Objects by The Amazing Earl

Cool.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    The skydiver is one of my fav's. The only one I'm not really keen on is the Chaotic. But none of them are bad. This guy does truly awesome work considering the limitations imposed on ride animations by the game.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    ZIPPER!!
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Man when it comes to real rides like that, AE is the man to turn to. He makes amazing real rides. I like the um ugh i forgot what is called. It is the circle one with the car that goes around it. Well that is my favorite AE real ride. His scenery is good to.

Woot!!! 1000 Posts!!! :birthday: :birthday2:
    VIP B)
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    AE does some great work. I wonder if he could take TT and WW rides and make them into custom rides??? :bandit:
  • Toon%s's Photo

AE does some great work.  I wonder if he could take TT and WW rides and make them into custom rides??? :bandit:

I'm sure he could, but I'm sure he wouldn't. I'd do it, but I've never been able to get the ride compiler to work with XP?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    i love his rides...the newer one is really cool...

;)
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I can't get over that tilt-a-whirl...
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo

I'm sure he could, but I'm sure he wouldn't.  I'd do it, but I've never been able to get the ride compiler to work with XP?

There are some cool rides in TT and WW only if we could.....
  • Neon Coaster%s's Photo

There are some cool rides in TT and WW only if we could.....

I was reading a post from Buggy and they seem to have made headway on this. As I recall, he stated the original RCT2 rides were compressed...the WW and TT rides are not. Thus, the ride editor was trying to uncompress an uncompressed file. I would anticipate an update on the ride editor very soon now that they discovered the problem.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Look at the new ride he has set for Friday. Look pretty cool. I seriously need to get more accustomed to a 3D program.....
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    Whoa...those rides are so fun! (As in the new one he's making). I went on a model called FreakOut...and it was great fun, except the seats faced in to eachother. I wonder how high (°wise) it's going to hit...I'm guessing the freak out hit 100°, since it seemded a little more than straight out.
  • Hyperion%s's Photo

Whoa...those rides are so fun! (As in the new one he's making). I went on a model called FreakOut...and it was great fun, except the seats faced in to eachother. I wonder how high (°wise) it's going to hit...I'm guessing the freak out hit 100°, since it seemded a little more than straight out.

Isn't it only possible to make it go at a degree similar to the center of the swinging ship... I don't know... I was just guessing at that if it is wrong.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    9 times out of 10 you are right. It probably may just go as far as the pic shows it going.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    The swing height limit is contolled by the clearance of the ride, but the number of frames of animation available may determine how far it can swing and still look smooth. Because the car is smaller than the boat on the swinging ship, I'm guessing that Earl made this swing a little higher than the swinging ship. However, if it made the animation too jerky he may not of. I guess we'll know in a couple of days.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    AE posted at RCT2.com that the picture released on his site shows the maximum height that the Ripsaw (Frisbee) can swing. He could make it higher, but as Toon said it would make the animation too jerky.

Scott
  • Mr. Rollercoaster%s's Photo
    Now, I've been working with many different 3D programs and I must say, if you are reading this Earl, my hat is off to you. It's amazing. You're twenty steps ahead of the rest of us. Nobody can keep up with the constant output of custom rides you do. Amazing.
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    AE has just released his latest ride, 'Runaway Reindeer'. Check it out at his site.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    That is so tight.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading