Ask the Experts / Do you draw your park on paper before building it?

• shortdude%s's Photo
    Do you? If you do could you show an example of a layout you have drawn for a previous park
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Ive never drawn out a park...or ever plan to...it just takes too much time that i dont have

I dont even know anybody that does...not that ive ever asked about it
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    I do, I draw it out in detail and plan everytihng out... then build something that looks nothing like what I planned. Or thats what I did anyways, now I'm more into writting my ideas out and getting basic plans in my head to go by. I also write out backgroudn stories to develope the theme more, and have been posting each story on the forums after refining it a little.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    I draw it out. Then I build something entirely different. Cheers? Ya.
  • shortdude%s's Photo

I dont even know anybody that does...not that ive ever asked about it

i think rrp draws his out. what ever happened to rrp anyways? Do you have an example pyro?
  • bokti%s's Photo
    I do often times. I've seen a coaster plan of Kumba's, so I suppose that qualifies as one as well. I simply don't like going off from nothing. If I do that, then I'll finish something and end up saying "Fuck. This could've been better" and have to delete everything I made, which is tedious, so I plan things out that I feel need planning, and work off of those.

I don't know why on earth I wasted my time typing this.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    yup thats what i also do when i build parks. specifically important ones like Park Wars.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Whenever I've tried to draw a plan I couldn't build it the way I wanted it to... it's impossible imo but listing ideas, names, stories, whatever is a guaranteed help!
  • Sanctuary%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Whenever I've tried to draw a plan I couldn't build it the way I wanted it to... it's impossible imo but listing ideas, names, stories, whatever is a guaranteed help![/font]

...and it could also be great fun :bandit:
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    i don't, i just build and see where the game and my idea in my head at that moment takes me.
  • chapelz%s's Photo

I draw it out. Then I build something entirely different. Cheers? Ya.

ha that sounds like me i this total plan of this whole plan about disneyland-moonlit australia and now half the plans are in my garbage :lol:

Posted Image---8 |) The Hive
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I'm with X-Sector. I get a general idea of what the areas of the park will be and then just start building and go where my imagination takes me (often just staring at the screen for minutes til I get an idea). Maybe that's why I'm such a slow builder!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I used to draw extensively. In one of my parks every coaster was drawn first on paper and the actual ones looked very similar. Unfortunately, all of those coasters sucked. Now I just write out ideas for park sections like what coaster or rides will be there, certain theming things I want to include that fit that theme, I may even do a mini layout if there's going to be a river or something big like a volcano. Mostly I write because I think of ideas when I'm not playing the game or at 4 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep (it's a curse I tell you) and I don't want to forget them. Things seem to work better though in terms of coaster design when you build from RCT not a drawing because the limitations in the coaster building program can become advantages if you work with them instead of hassles to fight with when trying to match a drawing.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Um, I think of stuff as I go. I never draw stuff out. It's a waste of time to me, because I will end up changing it.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I draw out my coasters, but I write everything else that i want. I make a huge list of what i want, the name of that ride and so on...and if it does not fit with the other rides, i take it off the list.

My coasters look almost alike to the one that i drew on paper...
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i draw out line drawings (basic layouts) in school when i'm board....so that i get quite a few done in day ;)
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo

i draw out line drawings (basic layouts) in school when i'm board....so that i get quite a few done in day ;)

Of course, I used to do that but this year I spend the time doing homework I lazily put off from the night before.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Yea i used to do that too...usually i make a list but not like a drawing of my ppark

My artistic ability sucks
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I did for one park. It didn't help at all. So i've never done it since.

As some other people have said, i just sorta go with whatever i'm thinking of at the time. Sometimes i go with a pre-thought idea, and try to recreate it. Most of the time, that doesn't work.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    if you want to draw.. have a REALLY large sheet of paper and dont forget u cant build circly paths in rct!

ok.. i was kinda loadin on the sarcasm.. it just doesnt work.. just try to make it as beautiful/awesome/scary/interesting in rct itself.. sometimed you just gotta delete some stuff and redo..

basic planning sometimes happens just like that tho.. for my park wars park with bio i seem to have a pretty good idea what i wanted it to look like...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading