RCT Discussion / The History of the Rollercoaster Tycoon Masters.

• Dantheman%s's Photo
    Take this as you will a history lesson now some of the information that I have may not be 100% accurate but I have compiled a column of the one of the biggest things to ever happen in RCT argue that what you want. Some of the times and dates might be a bit inaccurate.

The Early Days

It may be argued how the club actually was formed now they a few stories to how it started this is how I see it. A few years back RCT Station would host a chat meeting every Saturday night if I remember rightly it was few and far between. But in one of the chat a great idea was born by to many peoples surprise the original creator was BTH or so he claims. Was it BTH was it Gazza or was it Jparks who came up with the idea for the club? Well the answer to this question will never be known. At the time I seem to remember that I was part of the club but had a much “backstage” role at the time.

Back when the club started we had no website the only thing we had to organize the very first project was a large topic was created then in the old park adverting board over at the station. People need to remember at the time RCT Station was almost labelled as a noob parks paradise which to be fair it was at the time most parks were barley themed and lack the spark that parks over at Danimation were showing. Yet a new generation of park makers begin starting showing up at the RCT Station who had created flair and a different approach. People like Sir Spam Gazza Lumpy101 and Batman Fan were setting new standards in park making over at the station which some people started to take more notice.

The early parks of the club seem a little unconvincing to the modern parks that we see today but at the time they proved a breath of fresh air. During its early days BTH like the idea of him being the boss he took it into his own power to organize everything which to his credit in the early days he did do well. He had tough processes at the time in bringing in new members he denied a lot of member is the early days as he consider them not good enough.

The first park was actually made fast so fast that it seemed to of been made in less than 2 weeks after the chat conversation that started the whole processes. World of Enchantment was designed and released to a lot of hype and went down quite well with people. The park would now seem very basic but at the time it was a favourite with many of the members of the site I would also say that the park created a star in gazza as he showed some of his early talent in the park. BTH and Jparks both did the park showing in RCT in this park. BTH at the time was a very talented parkmaker and could easily out down half of the parkmakers at the time at RCT Station. After the park had been created more members joined. Added were members such as BBanzai Kurlus Spiderman Great Brain and RCTTycoon4 made up the club bigger and stronger.

That’s the end of part 1 more parts coming soon it will lead up to current days it will go into when the club was almost at a low point with no real owner and the formation of other clubs.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yay for history. This should be interesting, since I don't know much about the club up until I got in (and even then for a bit, lol).
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    This is cool, I mean, I got a lot of the history run-down from Kai through talking with him over the years, but it'll be cool to see it. Just don't forget the part where I get in ;) :yup:
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    Bah, I know nothing about the club i'm in.

I didn't have a clue how it was formed, I just knew it was so I was happy, Yey!

Anyway, this is very cool and interesting. I'm looking forward to the updates.
  • Royal Guardian%s's Photo
    Can't wait until my part. :)

Hehe... :lol:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Ah, so you are RCTMadman.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Nice idea. There wouldn't be a chance that you might use some commas in the next part though?
  • Dantheman%s's Photo

Nice idea. There wouldn't be a chance that you might use some commas in the next part though?

I will take it in mind.
  • Royal Guardian%s's Photo

Ah, so you are RCTMadman.

To everyone else ya.

To sfk no.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Oooo...this SHOULD be interesting. Even bits of the 1st post I'm shaky on, since it was the few weeks the club existed (literally 3 max) before I joined. I knew most of that, but since I never knew JPark very well (it's like he did WOE and left), I didn't know how involved he was in the formation...just thought it was BTH, Dan and Gazza. (still misses Gazza)

Thanks to Dan for posting this out of the blue, and if he doesn't mind, I might add a few things here and there that I know about...so far, this is the Pre-Kai era (from my perspective).

Kai :huey:
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    It will be interesting to read more of the history. Really caught my mind. When's the next update?
  • Dantheman%s's Photo

Oooo...this SHOULD be interesting.  Even bits of the 1st post I'm shaky on, since it was the few weeks the club existed (literally 3 max) before I joined.  I knew most of that, but since I never knew JPark very well (it's like he did WOE and left), I didn't know how involved he was in the formation...just thought it was BTH, Dan and Gazza. (still misses Gazza)

Thanks to Dan for posting this out of the blue, and if he doesn't mind, I might add a few things here and there that I know about...so far, this is the Pre-Kai era (from my perspective). 

Kai  :huey:

Sure good ahead I would be interested in what you say.

It will be interesting to read more of the history. Really caught my mind. When's the next update?

Weekend maybe I need to get over xmas.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    This should be very interesting. I'm looking forward to finding out if a certain event is mentioned or not...
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    I wonder what event that would be? :)
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Nice, Dan. Its great that you are doing it because you've been with RCTM since the beginning. The thing I think you forgot was that Kai was around then as well..can't forget the owner!

Oh, and Kai, you joined RCTM before me, so I guess maybe not.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Excellent job and thanks Dantheman. This is going to be interesting to read how RCTM grew.

;)
  • cBass%s's Photo
    This is very interesting. Telling the history of the club is a great idea. As the newest member, I'd also like to think we're not done making it.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Yay, I'll get a mention. :yup:

What a 500th post. :spam:
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    And here's the thing....

About two years ago, when I was in the full swing of LL parkmaking, I submitted some of my work for inspection. The day after, I recieved an email telling me I had been accepted into RCTM. And then? Nothing.

Oh well, I definitely don't hold it against you guys, and I think you're doing an excellent job as you are. Keep it up.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    You did? Well, I wasn't quite in charge yet until early 2002, so I had no idea...did you go by Turtle, or another name at the time...just curious.

Kai :huey:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading