AD Releases / Closet Cleaning

• John%s's Photo
    To start the New Year, I decided to sift through all my RCT crap I have on my hard drive. I didn't realize I had this many unfinished things, and this is just a sampler. Not much to look at, but at least I'll have SOME stuff released, although unfinished. ;)

My New Years resolution to RCT: FINISH A GOD DAMN PARK!! :D

Here's the download link: http://marshmallowcr.../Unfinished.zip (approx. 2.50mb)
    Below is a listing of the six things included in this pack and why they were aborted.

Atlantis Reborn
    Park size: 100 by 100
    Reason for abandoning: Lack of interest and style evolution were main contributors to this. I had Disneyland Resort Rome also on my plate at the time, meaning I had to juggle between the two. DRR won that round, but it lost later.
    Included in download: The B&M floorless coaster, Dominion of Cleito, one of my best (IMO) floorless designs. It is a bit on the odd side, but it is unique nonetheless. It is also HUGE. But, I guess I followed a trend from my architecture. Also included is the unfinished gigantic entrance building and an unfinished seafood restaurant. There's also another unfinished building, but I hadn't put anything in it at the time.

Disneyland Resort Rome - Disneyland Rome Park
    Park size: 165 by 165 (varied by version, though)
    Reason for abandoning: Lack of interest and my continual dissatisfaction with it, leading to restarts almost monthly. It was originally fun, but then it just became like work, decreasing the "fun" factor for the entire game. I completely lost any drive to finish.
    Included in download: Finished entrance and Mainstreet Station structures and partially complete Town Hall, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor, Brittany's Boutique, and Mainstreet Motors, Inc. buildings.

Disneyland Resort Rome - Hotels & Entertainment Complex
    Park size: 128 by 128
    Reason for abandoning: Same reasons as my Disneyland Rome park. It was restarted constantly, and I never really got anything productive done with it.
    Included in download: Unfinished Hollywood Tower and Mediterrea Seas hotels, unfinished coaster in the Hollywood Tower Hotel and unfinished watercoaster-coaster hybrid design which wouldn't work out. This was a rather old version, but the one with the most accomplished on it. Also included is a VERY old version of what would have been Downtown Disney. There's just two buildings there, but it's a good laugh regardless. I've come a long way from that, thank God! I do, however, love the fountain I made. Not sure what it is, but I love it.

Incans Revived
    Park size: 90 by 90
    Reason for abandoning: None, really. Just didn't have the motivation to work on it. Plus, I got slammed for it looking identical to everything else that I do, and I definitely wanted to stray away from the style that was becoming overdone. Not much was done on the park, so it wasn't a major loss.
    Included in download: Kiddie and vertical drop coasters, incomplete entrance structure, not much else. ;)

NE Pro Tour Entry - Buccaneer
    Park size: 100 by 100
    Reason for abandoning: Well, I wasn't expecting to win the hotels round, so I started this. Because I won, I didn't need a wooden coaster round entry.
    Included in download: The Buccaneer roller coaster. It is my best wooden roller coaster I've ever built (that I can recall). It is definitely different with it's extra lift hill at the end, but it is very nice all the same.

Project Tres
    Park size: 126 by 126
    Reason for abandoning: I began it really liking the entrance and "courtyard" area, but then I totally screwed up the layout for the rest of the plot of land, and it just went to hell from there, IMO. It was really difficult to build a coaster with the odd shape of land, so what you see was a first attempt at a coaster there. One of MANY different designs which I just didn't like at all. Plus, corkscrew coasters are a bitch to build anyway.
    Included in download: A corkscrew roller coaster, and other things in the medieval area... this is my most recent work that I've showed. It showcases my turn from ugly, gigantic, over-detailed architecture to something simpler and more eye-pleasing.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Lets all copy nate!
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Prick ^.

I'd view these if I could be bothered and liked RCT2, take that as a compliment as I don't usualy even bother to look in RCT2 topics.
  • Dixi%s's Photo

Lets all copy nate!

I didnt know there was a copywrite to releasing unfinished work. I dont think John would have been an ass to you if he released his stuff first, so why should you? Grow up man. The fact that your the most successful parkmaker ever is good enough, you dont need more of an ego boost. Leave some love for us damn it! :'(

Sorry nate, but iv not had much sleep lately. :|''''
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Well, I just looked at all of them. Nice work. It's sad that you're not going to finish DRR. Looked very promising. As for it "being like work", yes that is very true. A lot of the things that make a great park are in fact very tedious work. Like adding railings to paths, or putting the trim on a very large building. I guess you really have to be into modeling in order to get into the details of the architecture in RCT2.

Anyway, thanks for showing what could have been...
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

Lets all copy nate!

Remember...personality changes.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I think nate was making a joke, and even if he wasn't lighten up.

I'm surprised you decided to release your Disney park, but I guess that was part of your "new John era" thing. I can't wait to look at the hotels.

EDIT: The entrance to DRR is amazing. It has the same type of architecture feel like you used in Atlantis (that I don't really like) but it didn't have so much clutter and it wasn't overdone. Great job. I can see where this park was going, and it's truly unfortunate you decided to stop work on it. The dive machine in the hotel was really confusing. I don't understand the logic in putting it inside the hotel, outside the park. The hotel was great though. I wasn't too fond of Project Tres, it just didn't look like it was coming together for you.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I have this conundrum when I look at your work. All your architecture has a very similar look about it, but it still manages to stay interesting and fun to look. I'm not sure whether to suggest you vary your style more or continue on the path where you make small changes to you adornments of your buildings to reflect the theme your going after. Whatever, I enjoyed looking at these as it's interesting to see your evolution and alson neat to see how your parks develop. I do think your coasters still need improvement (but so do mine, so that's neither here nor there). Interested to see the 'new' John stuff you keep hinting at. Now finish something damnit ;) (I guess that could apply to me to lately).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    this stuff as all really nice, i liked main street in DRR the best. the floorless coaster was very good but lacked a few B&M details. all. good thing you won the hotel round, i dubt i would have beat your woodie finished.

most of all i was glad to see coasters from you. i thought it was something you were not that good at, but you are very good with them.

now finish something

:peace:
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I looked at one of the parks, Disneyland Resort Rome. I was greatly impressed by it and would go as far as to say this could have been one of the greatest parks. I didn't look at the others because RCT2 crashed after I tried loading another park, so I just gave up. The park had some great architecure, and looked like it had a great layout. The only flaw that I could see was the park was a little big.

The statement (yes, it was a statement) was a reflection of the state that the NE community is in. John made little to no attempt to make this idea his own. He called it something that is essentially the same as mine, he created incredibly simmilar descriptions and he released it within a week of my releasing mine. He made no attempt to be original about it, no attempt what-so-ever. And the comment was not purely directed at John, but others who copied my idea in the same week, for the same purpose. I think you will all understand how I feel when/if you have spent weeks or months thinking and creating an original idea, and to have it taken from you in the same week. As for those who were quick to attack me, this is what I offer. You all love to hate the instigator, the person who bombs first. You're quick to insult, quick to make him feel bad. But, how does this make you any better than the instigator himself? All who decided to attack me are not better, but just the same or worse than the instigator. Now, what would that make you if the comment had no negative connotation?
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    If someone copied an idea I had, I'd be privileged that someone thought what I had done was good. Perhaps John should have said "inspired by Natelox" in the post or something... but it's no big deal, they're only unfinished parks...
  • John%s's Photo
    Well, nate, sorry that I tried to "steal" your thunder. I honestly didn't realize you had descriptions about your parks until after you posted. That shows how much I read readme's. And it wasn't really sparked by you releasing your work. A few people had been asking to see DRR and before people were asking about Atlantis Reborn. So yeah, it wasn't done maliciously or with the intent on copying you, sorry 'bout it anyway.

I'm glad so many people liked DRR. I guess the bandwagon can get to ya', huh? ;)
    Toon, Project Tres is a reflection of how my architecture is developing away from the other style, it's still changed abit though.
    I hope to have screens of CAD5 up soon.
    And who knows? I may just have to pick DRR back up after CAD5 is finished.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Woah. Now we're having to be creative with releasing unfinished work. Shit, i'd better go, or I might be accused of copying someones posting style...or even worse, using the same game!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Well, since I was the first person to actually steal your thunder, let me be the first to apologize without really meaning it.

All we did was release our unfinished work we didn't plan on finishing. My park had been sitting on my computer since early October or September. I thought it was as good a time as any to just release it.

This isn't like you own a website and we stole a feature. We chose to release unfinished stuff.

In fact, I was the only one that released their stuff at Christmas as a gift too.

So really, I'm the only one that technically copied you. So bitch at me for no reason. Cause according to what you said, I'm the only one that falls under that category.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Nate, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Lighten up.

John... I haven't looked at the parks yet, but since the file is 2.5 megs, and I'm on 56K until I get back to school... I can't really offer any comments, though I'm sure the stuff is crazy and beautiful.

Everyone, just chill.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

though I'm sure the stuff is crazy and beautiful.

It is. :)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I think the best piece of architecture was the Town Hall building - your colours are extremely well co-ordinated and the little fringes and foliage details are so fun to look at.

I think that B&M lacked a little focus at points, but the woodie in the PT entry was very nice.

Linoma Woods was a good park to start off with finishing, but i'd really like to see a nice 100x100 by you, finished with all the little things that make a park great. Imperial Riyadh still stands out as one of the most memorable pieces of rct2 parkmaking, so i'm sure a full park from you would be very popular.
  • Nitrophobia%s's Photo
    were some of the parks done with WW? I ask because I couldnt get half of them to work. I got Project Tres to work, but that was all. (after 3 didnt work I didnt bother trying the rest) If its not a problem with WW maybe you or someone else may know why I cant view them. Thanks.

-Nitrophobia :it:
  • John%s's Photo
    Did you try re-opening them? I've had that happen where custom scenery screws up the load the first time, but the second it works.
    Thanks, mantis. I really liked that woodie myself. :D I'm working on that solo, rest assured. I hope to start advertising soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading