RCT Discussion / Track Hopping

• mantis%s's Photo
    How does one prevent track hopping? I have tracks that cross over each other, and the train from one keeps hopping onto the other instead of carrying on on its own track. It's really annoying, because i'm not aiming to merge or anything - I just want them crossed.

If there's no way to prevent it then i'll make do, but it'd be much better if I didn't have to.

Thanks.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I think I read somewhere that you have to have to different track pieces of you don't want them to merge. For example, instead of building two normal horizontal straight tracks that cross eachother, make one of the tracks normal straight track and one of the track brakes that are set to pretty much the same speed as the coaster is travelling at that point. Kinda.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Are you talking about merging track or when the trains suddenly jump onto a diiferent track you've built through, if you mean the tracks merging then do what ^says. But if you mean them jumping onto other track of the same ride then - The trains only jump onto different track when they are both the same ride. So I guess, just build through the track with a different ride with identicle track. Then merge the original ride to it before and after it crosses the track. That's what I had to do in Fort Uity, but I'd still try doing it with brakes or someother track piece, I don't think I tried that. It's just it is possible to make the trains jump from one track to another when they aren't identical, unlike merging.

<darkfire>
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Mmm, I might try merging with a different ride and if that doesn't work then i'll go with the brakes option. If that doesn't work then i'll have to just work with it.

Every time i've tried to do the 90 degree turn hack (like ozone's mine train in FV) it hasn't worked. But now, when I don't want it to happen, it is! Gah.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I know what mantis is talking about. The tracks cannot, repeat, cannot cross anywhere there is a straight peice of track. The tracks can only cross on turns and s-bends.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Make it go backwards through the track. That's the only way. Or just let me do it.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Um, ya, i had the same problem for my GTA park. There are 5 tracks under them roads, and they go in a small area (the road is 2 squares wide). Also, i needed them to go backwards through the same area...so at one point (the SWAT crash...) i had 7 tracks there. It was VERY hard not to get them to either turn or merge. Along with the 90 degree one, if you hack 2 trains goiing in opposite directions, the train like rebounds and goes backwards. So, I had to use careful planning, and lots of s-bends.

As for the 90 degree hack and the turnaround hack, i used these on purpose in the park too. Like it just turns around in the pay n spray, and the chopper goes REALLY slow, if it isnt on a lift, so the only solution was to make it not ever be off the lift. Therefor the only turns i could use are hacked 90 degree turns.
  • mantis%s's Photo

I know what mantis is talking about. The tracks cannot, repeat, cannot cross anywhere there is a straight peice of track. The tracks can only cross on turns and s-bends.

I found one exception - you can have them going opposite directions on inclines. Apart from that, you're absolutely (but unfortunately) right.

I've ended up working round it using turns and shit. Took a while, though. End product isn't as nice as I wanted, but it's the best i'll get.

Cheers everyone. Now if only I knew how to do the 90 degree hack on purpose, rather than accidentally.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well what happens when you do it accidentally? You have one track cross another one but it makes a 90 degree turn where the track crosses instead of continuing forward. So whenever you have the same track crossing itself, the train will make a 90 degree turn (unless you use brakes or chainlifts instead of plain track as someone already suggested). Since the train is going to make a 90 degree turn anyway, you can just delete the track in between where the train starts the 90 degree turn and where it ends (if that makes any sense). So basically, just do what you did accidentally and then delete all the track in between.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That would make sense! Thanks :D

If only I could make water rides powered launch without crashing the game...
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

That would make sense! Thanks :D

If only I could make water rides powered launch without crashing the game...

Can't say I ever really tried, but I think WME said something about the number of trains per car.
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    I'd say make one regular track, and one rapids trick track 1 below, and creat a fake alternate track on the level of the first, so it looks like the tracks can cross, or even hold the same path.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    They go up in the air, though, which is a problem.

MA - I remember him saying something like that, but I can't remember it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading