RCT Discussion / How to transfer tracks?

• RaoulXpres%s's Photo
    I have been trying to do this for a while and still can't figure it out.

I want to make a coaster that goes up a hill and then reverses back down the hill but transfers to another track, much like that protour entry where the mine cart went up those dead end things and reversed, or the GTA entry with the split coaster.

What do I need to know to pull this off?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    - start special build mode

- build the bit of track you want the train to go on to leading up to the hill (ie, so the track is going the opposite direction to the future movement of the train)

- build the bit of the track the train comes from up into the hill, leading into the second bit of track as far as you can before needing to build through (so it will join on to the other bit of track)

- place 'build thru' over the 'build this' box, and double click

- the track should flash

- end special build.

The train goes up the first bit of track onto the second bit, then when it falls back it thinks it's on the second bit of track, so goes that way. You'll need to repeat the hack later on to get the track/train facing the right way.

Hope that was ok to understand. It's always half experimentation with this things.
  • RaoulXpres%s's Photo
    What if I'm using 8 cars? is it basically the smae process?

I was fiddling around with building with no clearences. I made a launched coaster that went up into a loop but built the loop with two quarter pieces, so basically it would have been neverending (idk if that explains it well). It crashed everytime i set it to Test mode haha.

Would it be the same to build this piece first...

/
    /
    ----/

then build track going into the lift(using no clearences) like so

/
    /
    ----/
    ---/

I guess I'll have to try it. The piece it transfers to has to be the same direction or opposite direction?
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    There are some kind of 'precedence rules' which occur whenever you merge. It has something to do with which track you merge into the other, and what direction it is going. I don't know the rules for sure yet, but I've noticed some patterns. I will post them when I get it all worked out. If anyone has beat me to it, then at least this helps my sagging post count.
  • rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    PRESS ALT+F4 TO SEE YOUR PING!!!!!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading