(Archive) Advertising District / Enchanted Gardens: Adventure Studios

• tyandor%s's Photo
    Here are some pictures of my project that is already running a while. The park is built-up out of two different pieces. You have a beach section that has it's own entrance and the mainpark. The area features a log cabin resort and a large themed parking space. It also has studio grounds.
    Here are three screens but I've some more if u want to.

The ferris wheel 'The Globe' located at the entrance square.
    Posted Image

A preview of Karibu on the Beach (The woodie Kalumba is in the background)
    Posted Image

And the souvenir/photo shop of Kalumba
    Posted Image

Enjoy

*edit* better link to ferris wheel
  • artist%s's Photo
    It okay but nothing amazing its a bit too random.
    Mabye try some proper buildings.

NC
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    it looks nice.
    i rember u from rctcompetion,
    are there any new screens?

:et:
  • tyandor%s's Photo

It okay but nothing amazing its a bit too random.
    Mabye try some proper buildings.

NC

Most buildings I see are random... Can you define it a bit more?
    The picture don't show many buildings. The preview of Karibu shows only the front of the shops. I'm indeed from rctcompetition. This are the newer screens but there are some older if u like.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    He means not too have like bits of buildings all over the place made up but too have full buildings if you know what i mean.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    It looks like you have too much going on in your screens, maybe try to simplify the theming and aim for one theme or a general theme. Right now it looks too...too...well I don't know. The woodie from what I can see looks good though.
  • Madhollander%s's Photo

It looks like you have too much going on in your screens, maybe try to simplify the theming and aim for one theme or a general theme.  Right now it looks too...too...well I don't know.  The woodie from what I can see looks good though.

yeah, same here, it looks messy for some sort of reason, theming to the limit is ok, don't go over the limit, this just does'nt do it for me, also try to keep your pathing as simple as you can the paths in the karibu screen are horrible...
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Your other park you built is a favourite of mine. I admire the way you have so many coasters and build them in such an "rct" way. All I can say is, keep doing it ;)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Ok, there were some comments of the building. Their aren't much of them yet because the studio park still has to be developed properly. However I decided to release a serie screens.
    Also a few details: it's an 200X200 map and uses al expansions.

Deanosrs said I was theming RCTish and he's completely right about that. I think that lots of custom object don't belong in RCT. However I only use quality objects like the ones made by Toontowner (especially the rooves)

Now the screens

This is 'Cockatoo Carousel' (I don't know if I keep the flowers on the roof)
    Posted Image

This is a shot of the main entrance building
    Posted Image

Here you see Safari Creek (hippo ride, the roofs on the tower are not really ment to be roofs)

Posted Image

This is the guest services area of the park. (I'm not sure about the rainbow entrance)
    Posted Image

This is a detailshot of the shops that are next to Karibu. I think you can look much better at it this way. The behind of the shops still have to be constructed. Only the front arches and the wood awnings are in place.
    Posted Image

Here you'll see a detail shot of Kalumba
    Posted Image

Here you also have a link to the park Deanosrs mentioned. It's called Enchanted Gardens: Shady Oasis. It's already a while back since I made it and my skill is much better now. It has only one custom object and uses no expansions. Download it here
  • artist%s's Photo
    yeah man thats nice i love the way you use your colours shame your building in shitty WW hardly anyone will be bale to view it when its finished.

NC
  • jon%s's Photo
    The name Karibu doesn't make me think of the tropics. It actually reminds me of those deer like animals called Caribou that live within the Arctic Circle. Screens are nice but it's WW. The colours are nice but it does seem to random. It does however, give a nice tropical feel.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ go tell that to alton towers...
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    there all okay screens but,
    im not to kean on the beach one there are to many different colour umbreallas.
    my fav screen is the Kalumba one.

:et:
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Didn't know what a Caribou was. Anyway I chose for the name Karibu because it thought it sounds tropical.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Very nice! I especially like the main entrance building!
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    The first batch of screens were nice, except for the pathing in the second screen, i'd keep that to one colour.

I'll comment on all of the second batch -

1) I'm loving this screen, and i'd keep the flowers on the roof, helps the overgrown feel, but i really think you need to work on your foliage selection - too random, and missing large patches of land bare.
    2) This is one of my favorite screens for a long time - I just love it. The clean, white building in the middle of the dense undergrowth - again, tree selections lets you down a bit, but the atmosphere is fantastic.
    3) Looks ok, not really much new to comment on. Again, sloppy foliage, but still nice.
    4) Absolutely beautiful, loads happening here, without feeling overcrowded. Keep the rainbow entrance, it's funky! :D
    5) Single colour paths would look better, and i don't like the brightness of the coaster colours, of the colours of the umbrellas. Nice use of Toon's bush and the Egyptian pillars though...
    6) Beautiful again. Bit of a tribal feel here, but absolutely fantastic colours. Damn two tone paths...

I love it so far, and i especially admire the fact that this could so easily spring up in real life - it's so full of fun and a sense of adventure. Keep it up!
  • Walt Disney%s's Photo
    Each little part of this park is detailed i love it! and nice colors
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I get lots of comments about the tree selection. What I'm trying is to get variety in my parks. There for I use lots of different trees. I really don't care if they belong together concerning reallife as long they go together. Selecting many trees will get a better tone difference in the greenery, so it works for me. BTW I still love the two tone paths but I'll try something else too.
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    Damn i love this park. It might not have the most amazing architectural ideas or the best coasters, but the feel in it. Makes me want to visit some tropical place on earth....
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Damn i love this park. It might not have the most amazing architectural ideas or the best coasters, but the feel in it. Makes me want to visit some tropical place on earth....

There are only four coasters here. What you have seen is a part of the woodie and the boomerang coaster. There will be more coasters though. The other two are 'Space Rock: Planet Power' and 'Scorpion'. Space Rock is a launched Vekoma SLC which is almost completely indoor. The second is a vicous wooden twister and I'm very happy with the track lay-out (okay there's also an out-and-back part ;) ) But that's in the wildwest section which is far from completion. All coasters that stand are not complete yet.
    I'm also busy with a launched(lift-hill) B&M twister called Aquarius. It will something like the 'Incredible Hulk'. The theming is something with colorful coral reefs, temples and a lot of water ;) . I won't show it yet because it has just started and I'm working out how to use the theme properly. And if you want an early preview, then there is a screen of it on rctcompetition.com

A few details. I've been through the editor two times extra to select new objects. The first mapsize was 160X160. I've enlarged it to 200X200. This expanded my parkinglot, studios and added a small (not that good) resort. The beach is the extra part of it and wasn't planned before.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading