(Archive) Advertising District / Enchanted Gardens: Adventure Studios

• cBass%s's Photo
    Wonderful atmostphere!

I love Safari Creek.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I mentioned that the studio part still had to be developed. I have a few things in mind but if anyone has a usable suggestion, let me know :D
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Your park's entrance looks fantastic tyandor, really :)
    The rest is looking nice too (the shops in the neighboorhood of the Karibu part are lovely), altough i don't really like those abstract rooves of the first aid-thing on screenshot 7 (They look odd with the pointy corner that seems to be floating a bit).
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    By RCT standards, the architecture is average, the landscaping is average, and the park as a whole looks average.

But there's something about it that I can't get my finger on that makes me like this. It's atmosphere. And really, the last park I've seen like this that I've had such a natural attraction to is Vicenzia Hills by Dave.

I like it, but I don't know why.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Two things.
    First the parklogo I drew a while back:
    Posted Image

Second a detailshot of Space Rock: Planet Power (don't look at the right area on the two shots. Still have to edit and about the path: it's replaced with the lighter version)
    Posted Image
  • jon%s's Photo

^ go tell that to alton towers...

It's Cariba Creek at Alton, not Caribou. The screens are nice, I'm really liking this park. I can see great potential for you. The second set of screens are the best, but the latest are nice as well. Well done.
  • A14504%s's Photo
    this is really the type of parkmakeing I like. small, random, detailed, etc. keep it up.

the only thng I don't like is the sandy picnic area, needs some veggies.

power to the hippos!
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    God.. this is incredible! This is definately unlike any other park I've seen here. Your atmosphere is absolutely great.. I want to go to this park. This is what RCT is all about, being creative and having fun with it, and this is all of the above! It reminds me of IOA for some reason. Some parts look like a junkyard - like in the screen with the ferris wheel.. but it still builds an amzing atmosphere for some reason. Good work. :)
  • tyandor%s's Photo

God.. this is incredible! This is definately unlike any other park I've seen here. Your atmosphere is absolutely great.. I want to go to this park.  This is what RCT is all about, being creative and having fun with it, and this is all of the above!  It reminds me of IOA for some reason.  Some parts look like a junkyard - like in the screen with the ferris wheel.. but it still builds an amzing atmosphere for some reason.  Good work. :)

Well it is gonna be something like IOA and Universal Studios. ;) (it will get a launched twister) I really like the comments about the atmosphere, because it's all about that. I wanted my own style rather than being like others.
    When I started with this park I wanted it to be like it really existed. Most parks are crammed with buildings. It may look very nice but I haven't been to any park that has enormous amounts of buildings. Don't expect this to be finished soon, because I'm not a very fast builder and I really take my time to make something of it. I often try to upgrade areas and sometimes redo's of thing that I don't like. (the ferris wheel had an upgrade twice. It's supposed to be overgrown BTW)
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    I agree with most of the posts so far....this park has something to it that just "brings you in". The atmosphere is amazing, and although the color choices seem odd at first, they really add to the whole feel of the park.

I especially like the entrance to the park. The combination of the small arch with the large arch pieces work really well.

I would suggest that you ask someone that is really good with graphics to create a digital version of your park's logo. It could easily be pulled off with Photoshop (although I feel a few elements of the design could be eliminated or reworked to improve it).

supertrooper
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I would suggest that you ask someone that is really good with graphics to create a digital version of your park's logo.  It could easily be pulled off with Photoshop (although I feel a few elements of the design could be eliminated or reworked to improve it).

supertrooper

Yes, I tried it myself, but I not much of a graphic artist on the PC. So if someone wants to do it, your welcome!
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    I could give it a try.. but I'm really bad at graphics compared to the peeps here!
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I could give it a try.. but I'm really bad at graphics compared to the peeps here!

Wel if someone does create one, please notify me first!!!
  • guljam%s's Photo
    :0
    OHLY SHIT! OHLY SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! :angel:
    That was Fuckin amazing!
    Your park's Archtecture is most details...
    very good designing Coaster! and Theming!
    RCT2 is very good Object system so you make very good park..
    and keep in your parkmaking skills

good LUCK!!! :)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    edit --- pics removed
  • guljam%s's Photo
    Holy Fucking shiT!

The Coaster Designs and very nice!
    when your this complete zone..
    This is real! wildwest zone.

very good work.. I love your park!@kkkkkk :)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    BTW if anyone wants to see my previous park (not that impressive but still nice. New one is much better) look here:
    *fixed link* http://community.web.../79138202BzehHw

Remember this is an older park, with some good designs(also some bad) and it uses no expansions and has only 5 custom-objects. You can download it here: http://www.rctcompet...ion=file&id=587

Best parts there:
    -Cactus jack (Togo Stand-up)
    -Wings of horus (very nice 4D-coaster)
    -Wrath of the gods (Wild mine coaster)
    -Dust devil (racing mega woodie)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Screens work again, including the two new ones :it:
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Yeah, those last two screens were probably the worst, but that's down to the fact that they are unfinished... anyway, in the set before that, it's quite ordinary, except for the entrance building, which i like alot. You've got a nice variation of colours, and your architecture is complex. love it. it really is a shame you are building in WW as this means that virtually nobody here will be able to download it, and it makes it look all a bit "village". Also, it looks random in places with too much path. But generally, i love these screens, and am looking forward to seeing the end result :)
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Looks like a fairly interesting coaster layout...but as far as the theming...its too random even for my taste...I see at least 4 types of theming there (wildwest, mine, pirate, jungle...etc) It just seems a bit over the top...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading