AD Releases / Santaville

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I build this park a while ago for some kind of a Christmas present... but then the december contest @ rct2.com was announced, so I decided to submit it for that, and it won...
    Here's what's also in the attached read-me:

Santaville & the Wonderful World of the Elfs

by Six Frags

This is not a park, it’s a world.
    In this world there live elves who call themselves simply Elfs.
    The wonderful world of the Elfs on the left island, is separated in 2 parts: a residential area for the elves (Elfs residental) and a themepark for the elves (Elfs Amusements).
    Santaville is situated on the right island.

The adult elves help Santa Claus on his yearly present trip.
    They help produce (if needed) presents for the(ir) children and they handle the storage and the loading from these presents.
    These activities take place in Santaville; Santa’s little village, on an island in Finland, Europe.
    There’s a present storage area, a producing area, a pause place (for the elves to take a little break), and a loading place (where the presents are being loaded into Santa’s sleigh).

The building style is fantasy.
    I simulated Santa’s yearly present trip, and it begins when you open the file.
    Santa takes his trip with help from the Chief Elf, and makes his round over the residential world.

I hope you’ll enjoy this world of fantasy!!

SF

And a screen walk-through:

Santaville Island

Loading Place
    Producing Facility
    Present-Storage Complex

Elfs Residental Island

Elfs Residental 1
    Elfs Residental 2
    Elfs Residental 3
    Elfs Residental 4
    Elfs Residental 5
    Elfs Residental 6
    Elfs Residental 7
    Elfs Residental 8

Elfs Amusements Island

Elfs Amusements Entrance
    Elfs Amusements Entrance Square
    Elfs Thriller
    Splash Mountain 1
    Splash Mountain 2
    Splash Mountain 3
    Elfs Mountain Express 1
    Elfs Mountain Express 2
    Snow Storm
    Snow Drop

Download

A few warnings:

1. This is Wacky Worms... because I HAD to include the Husky ride to simulate Santa's trip, which is only available in WW :huey:
    2. It's 256x256, but it's mainly landscape, because it is a world...
    3. The download is huge, because I'd put in too many AE rides... thats my learning moment from this park I guess ;)

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed building it!
    Comments appreciated!!

SF
  • djfanatic%s's Photo
    wow very nice,i like that landing platform!
    nice job sixfrags :lol:
  • IndyJones%s's Photo
    Wow, this is really cool. I wish I could download it but I guess I'll just look at the screens. It's very nice though.

Indy :yikes:
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Who made the logo?
    Whoever made it did a good job on it.
    The park was cool, too.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^I made the logo...
    Thanx for the replies guys...

SF
  • guljam%s's Photo
    I love white snow trees ;)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Sorry I won't be able to download it but it looks santaculus! I too like the logo.
  • RedBrain%s's Photo
    good idea!!! fucking amazing!
  • posix%s's Photo
    I would so love to see this...
    Damn Wacky Worlds :(

Which reminds me..... Glitchwolf?
  • Walt Disney%s's Photo
    I like the elf entrance... i just like elfs i dont know y :elf:
  • posix%s's Photo
    I finally got Wacky Worlds from IRC (thank you Glitchwolf) to see 'Tilted Acres' and after ages of loading it game up with "missing object id". Oh how much I love RCT2...

Anyway, I remembered this park and downloaded it. It worked, wow.
    I must say I was very positively surprised. There hasn't been a park in a while which I truly enjoyed looking at but this was a big exception. The atmosphere was incredible, probably because of the Schuessler trees, but the park design too was very pleasing to me. It was calm, relaxing and realistic. I loved the idea with the present storage and the Santa sleigh. The appartments were a cool idea as well. Took me a second to figure out what these "1234" numers meant ;)
    The woodie was one of the best coasters I've yet seen in RCT2. It had some very beautiful landscaping and good colours.
    What I didn't understand was why you only had those very short "splash parts" on water rides. The boats couldn't really splash because of that.
    I also missed a park entrance. There was something that looked like one, which was nice, but there could've been more to indicate it as an entrance, like ticket booth and the different guest services and such. Also a path touching the map edge maybe to have something to begin walking from.
    But anyway, I really enjoyed this park and I'll definitely watch out for your next work, Six Frags. You've actually encouraged me to try a snow theme again.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Thanx Posix for the compliments and for viewing the park...
    Your one of the few I guess....

There are some ticket boots hidden in the park entrance, but you have to look carefully, I admit...
    I forgot some guest services @ the beginning of the park... I'll watch it for my next parks...
    But what do you mean with the path touching the map edge to have something to begin walking from? I can't figure it out...

Thanx again for viewing it and reviewing it, and I'm glad you like it and downloaded WW for it!

SF
  • posix%s's Photo
    I meant that the park was surrounded by water. Usually, there's the entrance and it's close to the map edge. It's like "if you guys want to view this park then start from here". That's what I missed.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Oh ok... yeah, you're right... but it's kind of a distant world (close to Finland), where those elves & Santa live.. kinda odd, I know ;)

SF
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Elves.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^I know, I know....

In this world there live elves who call themselves simply Elfs.

It was too late to change it when I found it out... :twitch:

SF
  • SFAW Fan%s's Photo
    Too bad I don't have WW. This would've been a good one to see.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    the color of the logo needs to be darker because right now it looks like candy land.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Yes, it used to be red

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading