(Archive) Advertising District / Project Antilantis

• Janus%s's Photo
    This is some sort of concept park by me and steve/elemental. The map is 150*150 and the main theme is the lost island of Antilantis, that was located outside the coast of India. It was almost erased from history, but some tales and myths about this antique civilisation still live on.
    In a way it is the opposite of the more well-known mythologic island Atlantis, it's dark and gloomy but it still shares for example the technological and magical advancements of Atlantis. Or something.
    I came up with the theme, so it's a bit strange.

Anyway, I've started working on my part of the island. I've tried to make everything look pretty authentic, like if the theming and detail is there for a purpose other than just being pretty. Don't know if I'm successfull though. This screen is of a couple of buildings just to show some of the atmosphere I'm trying to create, but there will a couple of rides later on.
    I still have to add some details and stuff, but here it is.

Posted Image
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Very nice theming! I like the dark colours! I don't really have any comments, except for maybe using one type of path... Keep up the good work! ;)
  • artist%s's Photo
    Its good but you need more colours in there chaneg the path as that sucks atm and mabye some different colours in the buildings.

NC
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    yeh the path doesnt look to good.
    and tht pot looks out of place, try changing the dark orange because it dotn look to good.
    looking okay.

:et:
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Okay, I'll change the path to be just the brick one. That pot looks better in-game, I know it really sticks out in the screen. As for the colours, I'm happy with them and will probably not change them :)
  • artist%s's Photo
    When i said change the path i meant to one that doesnt fit in as much.

NC
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Any suggestions on which type of path I should use then?
  • JKay%s's Photo
    IMO, I think you should keep the paths the way they are, but changing them to one style probably wouldn't look too bad either. Excellent color scheme. It has a marketplace, dark ages feel to it,...I like it..very unique. I will look for future updates.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    It looks good and fits the concept you're doing, but I have a few suggestions...
    The path combo is good but unorganised... I should place those brown paths around the square with the pot on it in the middle...
    Also, I should break the path up more, with some of those squares like the one I mentioned... now it looks too much like a large paved area imo...
    All the buildings/colours look good...
    Keep it up,

SF :bandit:
  • artist%s's Photo
    I suggest the cobbeled path.

NC
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Keep the pathes. They look amazing for the dark atmosphere. Keep it as dark and disgusting as you possibly can. I love it.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That building top-centre fucking rocks! Build more like that one! I love the way it stands out from the surrounding ones. Paths are great too.

You're one of my favourites at the moment, dude. It's all good!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    wow...this was unexpected. um, yeah the screen looks great, your gonna make me look bad :p But yes, i really enjoy what you have here...

hey guys dont forget about me... :'(
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Well I really like the style of architecture. For me, that's how I like it, even though I've begun to like bigger buildings lately. In places it's a little disorganised but overall nice, about the right level of detail.

The paths are killing the screen though. The brown paths are making it look like there's holes in the path and the other path you've used isn't too great either - it has too much detail. Paths should compliment buildings and rides, not be a feature in themselves.

A good start though - good pairing cos you two guys build similarly. I look forward to seeing what you come up with ;)
  • John%s's Photo
    :(
    RCT2 is all starting to look the same to me.
    Granted, this park has more color variances than others.
    All the texture usages, the scenery, it's all the same.
    The 'detail' is all the same - nothing really to distinguish it.
  • Atticus%s's Photo

:(

Ha! Somebody else is catching on to how everything is fucking deja vu just about with all these parks being shown.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    it need a more radical designs, it looks to modern for the type of theme you made, if you continue with how its looking its goin to disapoint even more
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Brilliant use of Spanish scenery.

As for RCT2 sameness, I think that the current trend which John and Atticus are referring to is only due to people wanting to fit into the usual RCT2 style. It's true that a certain style has emerged, but it won't be long before people start realizing that there is more to the game than what other people have done.

What a wonderful world of RCT it would be if there were no trends in building at all.

EDIT: OK, that was really Cecil B. DeMilleish of me. I don't know what you guys are referring to, but I can't tie that screen to anything else. Granted, some things are borrowed, I can see the Fooz influence, but it's original itself to be interesting.
  • Janus%s's Photo

Keep the pathes. They look amazing for the dark atmosphere. Keep it as dark and disgusting as you possibly can. I love it.

Thanks! It'll be dark, don't worry :)

That building top-centre fucking rocks! Build more like that one! I love the way it stands out from the surrounding ones. Paths are great too.

You're one of my favourites at the moment, dude. It's all good

Whoa, thanks. I will have more of that type of building, it's hard to show enough with but one screen.

Well I really like the style of architecture. For me, that's how I like it, even though I've begun to like bigger buildings lately. In places it's a little disorganised but overall nice, about the right level of detail.

The paths are killing the screen though. The brown paths are making it look like there's holes in the path and the other path you've used isn't too great either - it has too much detail. Paths should compliment buildings and rides, not be a feature in themselves.

The architecture in just this area is a bit small because it's a small harbour-type part, but I will also have a number of large buildings. The path (I've deleted all traces of the plain brown one) won't be changed, because it's the best for the sort of dark-town like atmosphere. It's probably a bit hit-or-miss.

I agree with you that the textures and scenery are pretty much the same in most parks these days, but how much really good custom scenery is there except for like Toon's, Makonix's, Fisherman's and a few more?
    I disagree with you on the detail though. What I'm trying to do with this isn't just to add a lot of random-looking scenery to make it look detailed, but to make the theming look like it serves a purpose other than just being pretty. I'm obviously not trying hard enough :)

Brilliant use of Spanish scenery.

As for RCT2 sameness, I think that the current trend which John and Atticus are referring to is only due to people wanting to fit into the usual RCT2 style. It's true that a certain style has emerged, but it won't be long before people start realizing that there is more to the game than what other people have done.

What a wonderful world of RCT it would be if there were no trends in building at all.

EDIT: OK, that was really Cecil B. DeMilleish of me. I don't know what you guys are referring to, but I can't tie that screen to anything else. Granted, some things are borrowed, I can see the Fooz influence, but it's original itself to be interesting.

Of course I've borrowed some elements in that screen, and who can not be influenced by Fooz's work? I've indeed tried to make it look a bit original.

I'm not wanting to follow any trends, but I want to use the style I find most suitable for the theme I'm building in. In this case, these colours, textures and this scenery is the ones I thought were the best to achieve what I was going for, the dark ancient civilization Antilantis.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about elemental ;) Thanks, and I'm sure you will make me seem bad.
    Keep commenting, I'll probably have a new screen sometime this week :)
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Here's a new, and pretty unfinished screen. I first thought of showing a screen of a ride I built, but it's just a simple Antilantean fishery and a little fishing boat in that screen so I'll post this instead.
    I'm pretty unsure about this lighthouse/fortress/watchtower/whatever so all comments are very welcome.
    Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading