Custom Scenery Exchange / Hanging Windows

• SmittyTV%s's Photo
    I've spent a little time cutting out windows so that one can mix and match the windows with any type wall. Simply build the wall and “hang” the window on the outside. While doing this, I've also been trying to make the colors changeable where they weren’t before.

Will this piss people off? I’m grabbing windows from other people’s stuff.

The other question is why are the colors messed up on some of the pieces? (see pic) The colors are right in the menu but show up as red and yellow when placed on the map. I can’t find anything different with these files from the ones that worked perfectly. What gives???

Attached Files

• Metropole%s's Photo

Will this piss people off?  I’m grabbing windows from other people’s stuff.

Yes it will.

Those windows are part of walls made by the folks at RCT fun. It would have been polite for you to ask them before using their walls and cutting the windows out of them.

Being a staff member at RCT Fun, I know that Maurine is in fact making a pack of the windows without the walls but you have done it instead.

Ask in future please

Metro B)
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Not a good idea Smitty! You should be contacting the creators of the objects and asking for permission, just as a common courtesy.... ???
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Then again, no one e-mailed Chris Sawyer to ask if we could hack his game. It isn't like Smitty is claiming credit for creating the windows, he's just trying to make them more versatile. If someone else is already doing this maybe you two should sort that out so neither of you are wasting their time, but otherwise I don't see why it would be a problem so long as you give credit to the creators of the windows. Objectively it's not wrong, but I'll leave it up to you to decide if you should ask the people anyway out of politeness.
  • SmittyTV%s's Photo
    Well guys, that's why I asked. I knew the RTC Fun people watch these boards. I would have never taken credit for the windows. If someone from RTC Fun gets a hold of me, I would be more than happy to e mail them the work I've done so far. Let me just say that I think RCT Fun is the best scenery site I've found, and I respect the group greatly. Maurine is a legend. Her scenery sets have changed the game. P.S. -- I've only finished one park in my life and have never published it, so there's not much to worry about. I don't see these windows hitting the net any time soon.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Don't get me wrong, I think categorizing objects is a cool idea. I just would have contacted the various creators as I went along.

:)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading