Custom Scenery Exchange / Fantasy Theming

• Kevin%s's Photo
    well...I've had four snow days in a row (except for today) and I got bored.

A few days ago, I was making a sketch with a fantasy style concept for an art project for school. Small bits of it reminded me of RCT2 for some odd reason and I wondered if it was possible to do something of complete fantasy with the limitations of RCT2.

So I downloaded the object editor a few days ago and did some practice objects. I'm still confused with parts of it, but I will get the hang of it eventually. I am currently in the process of making the objects from scratch in the paint program, and so far they look quite nice.

Here is what I have come up with:
    Posted Image
    Not everything is perfectly lined up, and everything is see through so it may look weird at first, but this picture is a VERY early version of the objects... some of the ones in this picture aren't even finished with detailing yet.

As I progress, I will be making the newer objects more unique in shapes and many will be animated.

If it wasn't for the past few snowdays, I would of never actually got the time to start this.
    Anyways I have to get back to homework...ugh.

Kraken

oh, and a few of the objects are Toon's. I just put some more detail into them.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Lookin' Phatagey.

Like the building in the corner of his PT entry.

I really like the original design.

EDIT: nvm, I forgot what forum this is.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Toon Towner is doing some of this too with his Dr. Seuss theming. If you put enough thought and effort into it you could really make a full new set of scenery that wouldn't look like RCT anymore but still work in the game system. This looks like what you're on to. Best of luck. :D
  • Toon%s's Photo
    This looks interesting. As for it being a time consuming process, yes it is. Unless you learn 3d software of some sort it takes a lot of time to create original textures and get the lighting effects right on custom stuff. Even if you know 3d software, I'm sure it still takes a lot of touching up to get things just right. Unfortunately I can't give you any shortcut ideas, but if you ever need advice along the way I'd be happy to look at the objects at anytime.
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    looks very good ... it will be interesting to see the results when you add colour and texture to the objects

good luck

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading