(Archive) Advertising District / Project Swing

• Valp%s's Photo
    Project Swing Logo

I now formally introduce Project Swing, which is my second full-size RCT1 attempt. This traditional theme park will feature four theme sections and possible a hotel.

Here is a screen of the entry area, Ragtime Boulevard:

Ragtime Boulevard Screen
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Wow, that's one of the best looking entrance plazas i've seen in a long time. The atmosphere you have created is one of a park harking back to days gone by, and i love every bit of it.

Keep this up, it's wonderful!
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    beautiful traditional look.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    ok.. it looks good.. but
    TT Color is ...............BB
  • rK_%s's Photo
    i dont know alot about LL but it looks greazt and the colors flow perfectly from what i can see, nice work!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    You made those trees look good! Wow, that's deserving of praise :) I don't mind those pink walls either (which I normally detest), so good job on that. Up by the banners top left I think you should consider removing the pink walls around the base of the window/tower - you have a kind of double-wall effect (top and bottom). I don't know why I don't like that...looking at it again it looks ok :-/ I dunno :p

The things I really think could do with changing are the rope fences - they look so flimsy and bitty compared to the starkness and solidity of all the other objects and textures. If you used roman walls, or gates, or something more...substantial, it might look less flimsy.

I like it a lot. :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    Sweetness.
    I like it alot, Valp.
    You have a very interesting colour choice there but it works and creates a rare atmosphere. I agree with mantis that it's impressive how you managed to make those trees which usually no one dares to use look good.
    There are a few things I'd change though and which you might consider:
    - No fences touching walls
    - No fences touching each other
    - The wooden coaster overhang looks out of place because of the traditional look. I'd just use paths as overhangs.
    - The two horse statues. Either make them confront each other or the plaza.
    - No shrubs on architecture

But that's it really. I'm not saying you should do that. It's just what I would personally change.
    I'm looking forward to seeing an update of this park.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    it's wonderful! the atmosphere it makes is incredible
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Well, I've got three words to describe this place, fluffy, traditional, and light. The look is a rareity, and I like it. However, I would get rid of the shrubs ontop on the architecture, get rid of the fences leaning against each other (I hope you know what I mean), and take the fences away that are overlapping walls. Otherwise, this is looking very very nice.
  • Valp%s's Photo
    First and foremost, thanks for all the comments, everyone.

Just to prove I'm not dead, Project Swing is coming along nicely. Work has begun on the western section, Desperado Shores, and Ragtime Boulevard, the entry section, is nearly complete.

Here's another screen of the main area of Ragtime Boulevard:

Project Swing- Screen Numero Dos
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I'm liking this. Very simple but effective architecture. Stick with LL, as it seems to be your game. Nice work, I'll download it when its out.
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Looking Purdy as usual. I still can't get over how you go those crappy trees to look good lol! They almost never look good! Keep building, and I can't wait to see your western section.
  • coasterphil%s's Photo
    Looking great Valp.
  • artist%s's Photo
    ^what kind of a post is that.

Anyways man the screen looks great it is very peacefully but it may get boring very easily so mabye add something to give a bit more excitment to this area.

Keep it up

NemesisChris
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Nice stuff Valp! The only thing that I don't like is the fact that you place sometimes spots with nothing else then the same type bushes, makes it sometimes quite boring IMO... Try to mix the flowers and several types of bushes those fit together i'd say, but except that, it looks interesting.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    it looks pretty good, but I'd cut down on the path a bit, add some buildings there or something. but what do i know, it looks pretty awesome anyway!
  • guljam%s's Photo
    I like RCT1!
    and building skill is special.. good..z
  • Valp%s's Photo
    I thought I'd bother to bore everyone with a new screen of one of two areas I'm working on now: Desperado Shores. In the screen you can see the main pathway with Revolver at the bottom and the Dusty Streams Cafe at the top.

Here 'tis (special thanks to Asperix for his simple, useful hosting!):

Posted Image
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Looks great Valp. All I'd suggest would be adding some of the "rusty" roof texture for a little more veriety. Revolver- LOL. I thought it'd be a coaster, like an old Schwarzkopf! Great name anyway.

I'd suggest going for a runner-up Valp. You could make it.

ride6
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I like the doubled up fences around those cacti/bushes in the path there. Nice touch.

You could be more adventurous with your buildings and making them look real (haha, never thought i'd hear myself say that) but they do look nice as they are. One thing I like is the two level dirt/sand thing you have going on. Also good to see you rotating the cacti - I hate it when people forget to do that.

Nice work - i'm looking forward to the release!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading