General Chat / A-Rod's A Yankee

• MickMaximus%s's Photo
    Yankee for Life

Well does it get any better than this. Kai what's up now. Red Sox get Schil and the Yanks get the best player in baseball. I know you have a comment on the big green (cha' ching) machine.

Come on Red Sox fans let me have it.

Boo Yah
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    It's the perfect match really. You might even say it was inevitable. So now the Yankees have one more overpaid superstar. They've got the names but remember who won the World Series last year? It wasn't the Yankees. Cause winning takes heart. Rooting for the underdog, overcoming insurmountable odds, pulling together a team from a bunch of misfits and suceeding where nobody thought possible. That's what's great about sports. The Evil Empire is the perfect nemesis. They're the storybook villain. How can anyone root for the Yankees? They're the polar opposite of everything that's great about sports. But I'm happy they got A-Rod. Him and the Yankees deserve each other.
  • The Langolier%s's Photo
    1) The Marlins werent a bunch of misfits. THey just seem that way because of their past (yes, they won in 97, but when else since 2003?).
    2). Its not hard to root for the Yankees. I do. Everyone thinks we are frontrunners. Some of us are. Hell, I root for the Buffalo Bills in football, Houston Rockets in basketball, and Jimym Spencer in NASCAR( who is fighting for a sponsor right now). Just because we like a winning team who has a few overpaid players (Giambi, Jeter, and A-Rod, check the other payrolls), doesnt mean we are evil,

I guess Steinbrenner wants every cheapshot blown to the Red Sox.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    I felt the Yankees wont even get into the playoff this year without Roger Clemens and the other two around. :'(
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

I felt the Yankees wont even get into the playoff this year without Roger Clemens :'(....

That's because the Astros snatched him up....Muahahahaha!!11!!!!1 ;)X
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo

That's because the Astros snatched him up....Muahahahaha!!11!!!!1 ;)X

I know, they are so generous. ;)
  • rK_%s's Photo
    now watch a-rod come out with some carrer ending injury 4 games into the season, and if you thought the red sox were goin to get him then your just stupid.
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    Fuck the Yankees.

I hate the Yankees,

Go Braves.

Chop Chop Ch--

Forget it, we suck now.

Dammit.

-Steel Falcon-
  • The Langolier%s's Photo
    ^ Yes, they do suck now, and from the looks of it, Maddux wont be there next year....theyll still find a way to do well, always has been that way.
  • Andrew%s's Photo

It's the perfect match really. You might even say it was inevitable. So now the Yankees have one more overpaid superstar. They've got the names but remember who won the World Series last year? It wasn't the Yankees. Cause winning takes heart. Rooting for the underdog, overcoming insurmountable odds, pulling together a team from a bunch of misfits and suceeding where nobody thought possible. That's what's great about sports. The Evil Empire is the perfect nemesis. They're the storybook villain. How can anyone root for the Yankees? They're the polar opposite of everything that's great about sports. But I'm happy they got A-Rod. Him and the Yankees deserve each other.

And then make a crappy movie about it to play on ABC on Wedensday nights, the perfect sports story.

God I hate the Yankees, well no, I don't. I'm not passionate enough about baseball to hate them. But I will root for whoever is playing against them, Yankee fans have it too easy, I like fans like Cubs fans and Bears fans who never get good, and when they do, they never make it all the way, much to the frustration of a miraculously loyal fanbase. Go Chicago teams with your loyal fans, sticking with the team in hard times.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    ^Bears never make it all the way?? You are crazy...

Anyway...I'm happy with the deal...being a Yankees fan and all...they are going to have an amazing lineup next year...and don't even say I'm a bandwagoner or anything...I have liked the yankees ever since Don Mattingly (even have his autograph from when he was on the Clippers...)

I do think there should be a cap tho.....it'd have to be gradually put in place...
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Andrew, where's the love for the loyal San Diegans?
  • Vidgms%s's Photo
    Go Yankees, The will do good, but not any better than they have done in the past.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    1. Lofton (CF)
    2. Jeter (SS)
    3. A-Rod (3B)
    4. Giambi (1B)
    5. Sheffield (RF)
    6. Williams (DH)
    7. Matsui (LF)
    8. Posada ©
    9. Wilson (2B)

That's what I call a lineup. :yup:
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    Personally, I think A-Rod should play SS and maybe Jeter should play 3rd. Regardless, A-Rod should be SS... he's the best SS in the league... him not playing SS is like... un-holy.

-Steel Falcon-
  • Micool%s's Photo

Personally, I think A-Rod should play SS and maybe Jeter should play 3rd.  Regardless, A-Rod should be SS... he's the best SS in the league... him not playing SS is like... un-holy.

-Steel Falcon-

A-Rod is solid defensively but nothing special. It's true he's a better hitter than Nomar, Jeter, and Tejada but to tell the truth I'd take any of those three over A-rod defensively. (And I'd take Rey Ordonez over anyone defensively, Ha! Go Padres!) Jeter's got better range and A-rod has the hands for third base. Personally if he is okay with it then I'd feel good either way if I was you. To have both of them in one lineup is a sin. But Red Sox fans - who led the league in hitting last year? If I remember right, it was your third baseman. The Red Sox will make the playoffs, again. Personally I feel sorry for the Blue Jays. Last year the 4 premier shortstops were all in the AL, now they're all in the AL East. I don't even know who the Blue Jays' 3B IS.

The Yankees won't win.
    AP: I don't think they're planning on starting Wilson at second.
  • Andrew%s's Photo

^Bears never make it all the way?? You are crazy...

Anyway...I'm happy with the deal...being a Yankees fan and all...they are going to have an amazing lineup next year...and don't even say I'm a bandwagoner or anything...I have liked the yankees ever since Don Mattingly (even have his autograph from when he was on the Clippers...)

I do think there should be a cap tho.....it'd have to be gradually put in place...

It's been a helluva long time since the Bears won the superbowl dude.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    Go Tigers.

We got pudge. Now we're unbeatable. :D
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    Go Rangers.

Yay.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo

It's been a helluva long time since the Bears won the superbowl dude.

True....but they have been and won.....I live by Cleveland....dude :lol:

Micool: If not Enrique....then who??

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading