AD Releases / Sparkly Paradise

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    This is my first 'big' park I made, and it shows my improvement in a couple of months during construction of the park I think....
    All can be read and downloaded here in the VP brochure.
    Also check the GREAT walkthrough by Mantis!! Thanx for that btw...

SF
  • mantis%s's Photo
    My pleasure for the walkthrough...and also for pinning this.

Nice park!
  • KoolDool%s's Photo
    Yo this park is hot!!!! OMG!. You went over the top
  • Richie%s's Photo
    The park was great however, dont you think it was a little small for those 2 HUGE hotels? lol

I loved stealth, the woodie and the dueling mine trains, however the giga coaster didnt interest me at all, sorry :(

The architecture all around was top notch, i especially liked the buildings around your woodie. I loved the way it interacted together.

I would give you more feedback, but its 3:50am, my family all went to bed over 5 hours ago, the heating is off, so im sitting here freezing my bollocks off and i cant feel my hands. Overall great park! :bring it: :l33t: :bring it:
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    he finally releases it...
  • The Iron Dragon%s's Photo
    WOW! The park was great! Congrats, Six Frags!

-TID :D
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    well done six frags.
    good park, lots of nice TT work there.

:et:
  • aero21%s's Photo
    It was a nice park. The biggest drawback I saw was it seemed very unfocused. The coasters were well done (except the hyper) and interacted with the environment very nicely. The part with the hyper that bothered me was the turn after the first drop. I can honetly say that would hurt like hell. 200 feet into a small turnaround?, ouch! Your hotels were nice, but were too big for the park they are supplying.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    I liked it, except for that the hotels were stance without substance. (i.e. There was an outside, but no interior.)

The treeing was good, and I liked everything else.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    It was nice. I especially liked "the hub" off of main street. Very original architecture.

I think that the parking lot swallowed up too much room. I think the hotels were too large, and not very well thought through. Too many buildings there that looked identical. The tech sector of the park was cool. Again, You have really got a great style using TT's 1/4 blocks. Really thinking outside the box. The coasters were good. I liked the hyper, but I think there were too many custom supports on it. All in all, very good. Definitely a VP park.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Nice park, Six Frags.
    Most of the problems have been pointed out.
    I think you need to improve your queue lines and path-layouts. Double-paths are definitely too small for your detailed style. They can't balance all the complex architecture.
    Don't overdo the buildings. Like, the Top Spin had way too many buildings surrounding it. It was suffocating.
    But anyway, if you keep releasing things and if you keep getting better then it's only a question of time until you're a parkmaker.
    Good luck.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I liked half of the park. The actual 'park' part was nice. Loved the architecture in the pirate section, and the themeing in the other sections was interesting as well. Didn't care for the coasters, but the surrounding atmosphere made up for it.

Using process of elimination, the part I didn't like was of course the hotel/parking lot part. The hotels were pretty plain, and both were really exactly the same thing, just with different colors. Yeah, the parking lot did swallow up a lot of room, and it was a bit boring too. On the other hand though, the way you did the roads leading up to the parking gate thing was awesome, and the parking gate itself was well done as well. I wish I could make realistic looking roads like that.

Lastly I must adress the park name. I know many people could care less about what you name your park, but personally I find it a very important aspect, especially for reference purposes. I suggest spending a bit more time comming up with a nice, creative name. "Sparkley Paradise" is rather awkward, IMO.

Congrats, anyway.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

he finally releases it...

I agree with (almost) all comments on the park/hotels....
    It was actually my first park, and I'd completed it somewhere near the end of the summer (August?)... after that I slightly finetuned it, but waited a long time before sending it to a contest...

The part with the hyper that bothered me was the turn after the first drop. I can honetly say that would hurt like hell. 200 feet into a small turnaround?, ouch!

I was waitung for someone to say this, because I was worried about it to be too intense after building/reviewing the coaster...

Your hotels were nice, but were too big for the park they are supplying.

But the park attracts many guests ;)

(i.e. There was an outside, but no interior.)

Do hotels in rct have an interior?

I liked the hyper, but I think there were too many custom supports on it

I noticed that too afterwards, but I liked it, and thought it was contributing to the Tech style I tried to create...

Double-paths are definitely too small for your detailed style. They can't balance all the complex architecture.

I agree... I started with 2-wide paths with this park (don't know why), so I couldn't change it anymore when I wanted to...

But anyway, if you keep releasing things and if you keep getting better then it's only a question of time until you're a parkmaker.

Let's hope so!!

"Sparkley Paradise" is rather awkward, IMO.

My English was really bad back in the days I made this name up (I'm Dutch)... but I'll try to think of better names for my future projects...

Thank you all for the comments!!

SF
  • Critic%s's Photo

(i.e. There was an outside, but no interior.)

Do hotels in rct have an interior?

The good ones I've seen do, yes.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    I love stealth area.. gray.. and other is nice!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading