News / QFTB Parkmaker...Bracket #2

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Good job seeding. No upsets for me.

And everyone else better choose me... :w00t:
  • Splash-0%s's Photo
    Can someone please tell me how to get this thing to work.
    I log myself in but when i come to the page to vote it says "You must be Logged In to the forums to vote". so oke i log in again and again but no, it still wont work. :(
    I don't understand the problem.
    I would really like to vote.
  • jon%s's Photo
    1 vs. 16
    You've already voted for sacoasterfreak

8 vs. 9
    You've already voted for Kraken

5 vs. 12
    You've already voted for Turtle

4 vs. 13
    You've already voted for Foozycoaster

6 vs. 11
    You've already voted for nemesis chris

3 vs. 14
    You've already voted for Ckorckssckreewed

7 vs. 10
    You've already voted for voodoo

2 vs. 15
    You've already voted for mantis

There.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think who goes up against whom is in random order and not made up by iris.
    It's great how this new QFTB is quickly pulled through. I tought we would have had to wait three weeks for braket #2.
    Hopefully it'll continue this way.

I've actually voted ride6 over Foozycoaster because latter hasn't released a solo park in ages and his new overly detailed RCT2 style is.... well, read my signature.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I went with the top one each time - nemesis chris is good, but scarface's IOA park is better.

If Kraken actually showed anything resembling a full screen or anything like that, he'd be a good contender with TPM, but as it is Odium proved that TPM is up there with the best.

Croky is a dude.

Bad luck turtle - I could have imagined you putting up a really good fight against some people, but Meretrix's Phantasia is just so good!

I'd better get womb finished now.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

I went with the top one each time - nemesis chris is good, but scarface's IOA park is better.

If Kraken actually showed anything resembling a full screen or anything like that, he'd be a good contender with TPM, but as it is Odium proved that TPM is up there with the best.

Croky is a dude.

Bad luck turtle - I could have imagined you putting up a really good fight against some people, but Meretrix's Phantasia is just so good!

I'd better get womb finished now.

Cheers mantis....It doesn't bother me about not winning but im sure there will be a lot of votes based on friends in these sort of topics....Looks like im down and out at the minute lol
    My own fault though for not releasing nothing in a long time and not producing as much as other people..

nevermind

And i agree about the turtle shout...Shame he was placed against meretrix because his rct2 work is outstanding.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Scarface i think you will beat me you are so much better than me at rct2 and 1 you kinda deserve to beat me. I just cant belive we got put together.

Oh well.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Scarface i think you will beat me you are so much better than me at rct2 and 1 you kinda deserve to beat me. I just cant belive we got put together.

Oh well.

Hey...if you win, you win...Thats down to u in producing quality parks/screens etc....
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    Hey I am pretty happy to be in this as a 15 seed. Although Mantis is the man.

This year anyone can win the brackets with all of the upsets in college b-ball so maybe I have a long shot.....Nah.

My pick is for sacoasterfreak to take it all. :bandit:
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I think who goes up against whom is in random order and not made up by iris.

This is not random. its just a method to make the match ups, this way all the best Parkmakers will beat to lower guys then it gets tricky, if it were ramdom maybe we would have had 2 parkmakers in the same braket or something and it would IMO not be much fun sending them out so soon.

I think the way iris did this was first: he made a list of the 64 best active parkmakers in his opinon. second: Put #1 with #64, #2 with #63, ect, ect, ect, till he ran out at #32 vs #33.

it works for NCAA and in a few days we will have some march madness here :lol:
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    1 vs. 16

8 vs. 9
    You've already voted for Kraken

5 vs. 12

4 vs. 13

6 vs. 11
    You've already voted for Scarface

3 vs. 14
    You've already voted for Ckorckssckreewed

7 vs. 10

2 vs. 15

:)
  • iris%s's Photo
    It is not random.
    Kumba was pretty close, but its not exactly what I did.
    I picked the 64 best parkmakers at NE imo.
    Then I seeded everybody, four 1 seeds, four 2 seeds, etc. until I seeded everyone.
    Then I just matched up 1 seeds with 16 seeds, 2 with 15, 3 with 14, etc. exactly like the NCAA Tournament.

Some people might not like it, but thats how real life tournaments have been run for the past 30 years.
  • Dantheman%s's Photo
    1 vs. 16

8 vs. 9
    You've already voted for Themeparkmaster

5 vs. 12
    You've already voted for Meretrix

4 vs. 13

6 vs. 11

3 vs. 14
    You've already voted for Croksscrewdd

7 vs. 10

2 vs. 15
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    I like these matchups.

Some interesting ones: TPM v Kraken. Kraken looks capable of making such beautiful things, up there with voodoo, but he just...doesnt. TPM is great. His Busch Garden park (what happened) is/was beautiful. TPM.

Scarface vs. NemesisChris. This is such a great matchup because the 2 are so similar! Adam really pioneered great RCT2 architecture with his hiroller and his IOA park. All his structures are are 2x2 and 2x1, with lots of colors (he is amazing w/ color), textures, and shapes. He is good with windows too. His landscaping is great. His rides are great. Lately, NemChris has been making MUCH, MUCH more than him (or showing more). He has the same archy style, but a more natural, pretty looking style. I went Adam, but NemChris is definately a good up and coming parkmaker.

Voodoo/Titan...Voodoo.

Turtle-Meretrix: I love turtle's stuff. I wasn't THAT fond of DTA, to me I hate that big flat roof style with a 1 tile thick facade. But, Phantasia is great. Looking back, I shoulda picked Meretrix, but I pciked turtle. If that makes sense.

Yup.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Coolness. I'm glad I even got mentioned. :) My upcoming park might've changed Posix's mind if I was able to get it done a little sooner (although it's not as detailed as Foozy's stuff).

Top 64... That must make me #63.5! LOL! :p

ride6
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    1 vs. 16

8 vs. 9

5 vs. 12
    You've already voted for Meretrix

4 vs. 13

6 vs. 11

3 vs. 14
    You've already voted for Aeroglobe

7 vs. 10

2 vs. 15

Sorry Ckorckssckreewed.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Top 64...  That must make me #63.5!  LOL!  :p

ride6

ride6 ....hum.... you'd be 48, 49, 50, or 51, i think? as you can see im trying to decode this to find iris' top 64 lol. its kinda hard tho. any chance you'll post it after the first 4 brackets are shown?
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    [font="Arial"]
    1 vs. 16

8 vs. 9

5 vs. 12

4 vs. 13

6 vs. 11
    You've already voted for nemesis chris

3 vs. 14
    You've already voted for Corkscrewed

7 vs. 10

2 vs. 15
    You've already voted for mantis[/font]
    [/FONT]
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    I forget who else got incredibly one sided matches, but I know me, Gir, and Ride6 are gonna get destroyed. I voted for myself. :)

But, seriously, had I been in someone elses shoes, I wouldn't vote for me. Corkscrewed is simply a better parkmaker. I'm really glad I made the list, though.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

*edit* -- hehe, saw that, trying to work my way around the filter.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    I voted for you. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But no really. I did.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading